Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Madison Southern 8/30/13
Whitley needs to win this game and I believe they will. Hard to believe that MS has come this far to beat Whitley. If MS does win, Whitley can not stay with Bell next week.

Whitley by 10
PRIDE101 Wrote:Whitley needs to win this game and I believe they will. Hard to believe that MS has come this far to beat Whitley. If MS does win, Whitley can not stay with Bell next week.
Whitley by 10

I dont agree with that.
I would think overall, Bell and MS are about even, except MS has Harris, which makes them better.
Does Harris run track? Because I think he might have broke the 100m record against rock. Thinking he would look better in KY Blue.:eyeroll:
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Does Harris run track? Because I think he might have broke the 100m record against rock. Thinking he would look better in KY Blue.:eyeroll:

Word is that's a soft commitment to Michigan and he may be looking to stay closer to home take it for what it's worth though
All these papers, even the joke papers in this county, have Harris listed as a Michigan signee.

Hes a junior, he cant even sign yet.

Sometimes i wonder about a lot of the journalist around here, and in other parts of the state.
Gonna b close
Will the two defensive backs who missed last week play?
It's just like me and you were talking about GUT, he will be lucky to get an offer from a NAIA team. All 11 defensive starters for Whitley are faster and bigger and stronger than Harris. He don't have a chance against the RED STORM. Aint that right GUT!!
Brandon40403 Wrote:Word is that's a soft commitment to Michigan and he may be looking to stay closer to home take it for what it's worth though

Absolutely false.. coming from someone I trust very much...who knows Harris very well. He is 100% UM committed.
I still hold out hope that he will sign with an SEC school. I feel he can play at any of the 14 schools, he just better be glad he don't play at Whitley cause he would be on the bench. Aint that right GUT!!!
bear claw Wrote:I still hold out hope that he will sign with an SEC school. I feel he can play at any of the 14 schools, he just better be glad he don't play at Whitley cause he would be on the bench. Aint that right GUT!!!

Only at Harlan County would he ride the bench.

HC hands out Emergency room afternoons on a weekly basis.
I think WC has an excellent time and place to make a statement.
WC 13 to 7 Colonels time.
Harris was announced a 5 star in the 2015 class yesterday. He is one of the top 3 or 4 running backs in the nation in that class. Not a lot of running backs like that in Kentucky.
E's Army Wrote:Harris was announced a 5 star in the 2015 class yesterday. He is one of the top 3 or 4 running backs in the nation in that class. Not a lot of running backs like that in Kentucky.

ESPN JR300 list him as committed to Michigan on 7/29/2013 with other offers from FL, Fresno St, Ill, UK, ND, Ohio, Ohio St, SC, SYR, Tenn, and WF. They have him as 20th overall in the 2015 class. Number 3 at RB, 10th in region, and number 1 in the state. Good luck to this young man, stay healthy!
Brandon40403 Wrote:Word is that's a soft commitment to Michigan and he may be looking to stay closer to home take it for what it's worth though

Not even in question. Sorry to dissapoint you. The kid has like UM and their coaching staff from the very beggining. If something drastic changes and he doesn't end up wearing navy then he will still be north of the ky border playing college football.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Does Harris run track? Because I think he might have broke the 100m record against rock. Thinking he would look better in KY Blue.:eyeroll:

Yeah, he runs track and finished 2nd in the State Championship as a Sophomore. He was beaten by Timmons by 16 hundreths of a second, and is only gonna get faster by the time he is a Senior. Knowing this young man very well he will stay with Michigan, it's a done deal.
I understand Whitley will be without the Mills kid...if true then MS by 10
Some bad news for Whitley County

Zach Mills out 2-3 weeks because of gallbladder issues.
Starting db's who were out last week still out.

This is going to make this game very difficult for Whitley.
Mills is a very huge part of the offense.
Hate to hear that about Mills. He is a very nice player. This will really change things in my mind. But hey what do I know? Still hope for a Whitley win!
I'm sure glad we don't have to play against this kid!! 4.2 shuttle time and a 4.3 40!!! That's crazy!! I don't see anybody stopping this kid from getting 150-200 yards a game. Sucks he doesn't have a very good line. I still think he's a little to much for Whitley.
MS 42
Whitley 27
Redstorm...Here is your thread. Good luck to Whitley, someone runover Red while he is on his bucket.
If the Harris kid gets to the outside he is gone!!!!! I hope Whitley wins this, but without two backfield starters and Mills I don't see it happening. If you can stop Harris before he gets to the outside, he is gone. If he gets where he is strait line running, Whitley doesn't have anybody that can catch him or run him down. He is fast!!!! Friday night was the first time I saw him play, he is fast as advertised. The MS (MOST SUCKY) fans are pitiful though. They are an arrogant and cocky bunch. Don't know how to act, never been there before. You will see tonight first hand, just wait, people like that can't hide it they think it is cute.
I hate to hear Mills is out
HonestJohn Wrote:If the Harris kid gets to the outside he is gone!!!!! I hope Whitley wins this, but without two backfield starters and Mills I don't see it happening. If you can stop Harris before he gets to the outside, he is gone. If he gets where he is strait line running, Whitley doesn't have anybody that can catch him or run him down. He is fast!!!! Friday night was the first time I saw him play, he is fast as advertised. The MS (MOST SUCKY) fans are pitiful though. They are an arrogant and cocky bunch. Don't know how to act, never been there before. You will see tonight first hand, just wait, people like that can't hide it they think it is cute.

John,
That is not even mostly true. Majority of our fans are great people, and as far as being there before they hadn't beaten Rockcastle before last Friday so it was a new feeling of accomplishment, but like I said the parents should not have been on the field at all last week. Majority of Madison Southern fans are gracious kind people, and like every set of fans have their few idiots. It is your right to say what you please but don't let a couple parents ruin what is a group of good people. Like I said every team has a few idiot parents but Madison Southern fans on the whole are a good group and I expect a good crowd from both Whitley Co. and Madison Southern. It should be another hard hitting game.

As for Damien I look for him to get his yards, but I really do think Coach Clark is going to get several others involved this game. That team wanted to win badly last week and that is why Damien touched the ball more than he ever had in his life. Madison Southern should win this game tonight but if their passing game doesn't get better they will struggle in the region especially if they play the likes of Harlan in the playoffs like they did last year.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:John,
That is not even mostly true. Majority of our fans are great people, and as far as being there before they hadn't beaten Rockcastle before last Friday so it was a new feeling of accomplishment, but like I said the parents should not have been on the field at all last week. Majority of Madison Southern fans are gracious kind people, and like every set of fans have their few idiots. It is your right to say what you please but don't let a couple parents ruin what is a group of good people. Like I said every team has a few idiot parents but Madison Southern fans on the whole are a good group and I expect a good crowd from both Whitley Co. and Madison Southern. It should be another hard hitting game.

Well maybe if you play Rockcastle again, you could bring some of those people, because none of them were at the game last week.

There is no way MS beats Harlan Co this year under any circumstances. Period. You can chisel that in ROCK if you want, I know your fond of hammers.
I hate to hear Mills is out. I wish him a speedy recovery.