Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Madison Southern 8/30/13
Thoughts and predictions
I would say that Southern is a 6 point favorite at home. Rockcastle showed Whitley how to slow down the Southern running a bit, but Damien is to good. Plus I spoke with Coach Clark yesterday...expect some interesting wrinkles to get others involved on offense.

MS 24
WC 18
Thoughts and predictions
i would like to see whitley win this one.but this want hAPPEN SO I'm picking madison central 24 whitley 13 :coach:
Look for Damien Harris to have another big game I'm gonna say he is gonna go for 150 and 3 tds
Whitley struggled with Morristown West's speed. Harris has another gear. Whitley's young D will struggle again. Madison by 7.
I would say that Southern is a 6 point favorite at home. Rockcastle showed Whitley how to slow down the Southern running a bit, but Damien is to good. Plus I spoke with Coach Clark yesterday...expect some interesting wrinkles to get others involved on offense.
Rooting for a big Whitley County win in this one.
Whitley has a shot but must stop Harris to win this game.
Madison Southern 27-14
Number 5 for whitley is quick and can return the kicks very good as well as 24. southern will not be able to stop 24 33 or 10 coming out of the backfield which puts whitley winning by 2 tds whitley may not be able to contain damien every drive but they will stop him and they will not be able to be stopped by southerns defense, period.
Pulling for Whitley but they have a tall order in slowing down Harris. If they can somehow keep him from running wild they have a shot..
Harris will get his yards, but im confident Whitley will score early and often.
The Morristown West game is no measuring stick for the competetion in this game. Big difference in teams..

Whitley 34
Madison Southern 21
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I would say that Southern is a 6 point favorite at home. Rockcastle showed Whitley how to slow down the Southern running a bit, but Damien is to good. Plus I spoke with Coach Clark yesterday...expect some interesting wrinkles to get others involved on offense.

They showed how to stop it for 1 quarter a lot different trying to stop him for 4 quarters
Hey GUT, you all will kill southern. Your alls defense will hold Harris to negative yards. Whitley BIG!!!!!
Madison southern 33 whitley county 22
I think southern learned a lot about there offense last week. I would imagine they will go to the wildcat alot sooner then they did last week. with that said Whitley will be alot bigger and faster than Rock. Ill take whitley 28-7
bear claw Wrote:Hey GUT, you all will kill southern. Your alls defense will hold Harris to negative yards. Whitley BIG!!!!!

Your on the money!
Emergency room afternoon!
Harris is a superb athlete. Harris will have his yards and his touchdowns. You can't stop him. But Whitley isn't a bad team. I'm picking a very close high scoring game. Whitley 42-38.
Harris is a good back,but Madison Southern is not in the same league as Morristown West.Whitley doesn't have a bad rushing attack themselves.I think they will control the clock and slow Harris down enough for the win.
Whitley MUST figure out what to do on defense this week.
The offense was fine last week but gave up after seeing all the big plays by MW against Whitleys defense.

Gut check time. IMHO, this is a big make or break game for Whitley.
Could be a major turning point.
Madison Southern
MS wins by 14
I do not know much about Whitley other than the fact even when they haven't been great in years past they HAVE ALWAYS been a physical team. Madison Southern's line will have to hold blocks better than last week. I will say do not overlook Southern's defense. They gave up really 2 plays last week but they are a quick defense and do a good job tackling, but as of now I am not sure how good our D-line is? The linebackers do a very good job reading an offense and their corners are great tacklers, but the D-line may be a little suspect. Again I think Southern wins but a close one. Should be a very competitive game. Good luck to Whitley, if Southern wins this it could be a very good year at MSHS.
MS will have a much better gauge this week to how much they have actually improved from last year. I think that they walk away with a 2-3 TD win. Harris and Southenrs athleticism at skill is just too much for whitley.
I think Whitley will be good enough on Off to keep the ball for long time consuming drives. Which keeps Harris on side-line. Whitley win's by 7
madison southern is pretty good on defense and we all know about harris ms by 14.
it was a bad loss at Morristown but Whitley looked good at times for a young team.they were physical and had an impressive drive that consumed most of the first quarter against a very good Morristown West team.
Madison southern will give Whitley all they want and the some. Whitley will struggle in this one. Ms 35 WC 21
This will be a tuff one, i will take the Colonels by a field goal by Collins.

Whitley 31
Harris 28

ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar