Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats got into Shelby Valley?
PantherPride68 Wrote:Hes going to get the crap beat out of him when Belfry and P-burg come to town I just wish Pikeville was on theyre schedule so hed get another smackdown layed on him for good measure. This isnt the fault of the kids at SV but thyre goin to face the repercussions of this while the DOPE who started it gets to stand comfortably on the sidelines. You folks up at Valley sure know how to pick'em LOL!

Last year, Valley was beating P-burg until the 4th quarter when they made some mistakes and P-burg took advantage. Valley hung with Belfry for a while until the 4th quarter. How can you say Valley is going to get there's when they didn't even get it that bad last year when Belfry made a nice run in the playoffs? Why do you hate Valley so bad, when the freshmen are scoring 35 points, I would shut up if I was you. Shelby Valley has no Junior Varsity team, so these boys need all the time on the field they can get, and when they put up a lot on a merciless team, good riddens, maybe they have some great freshmen, maybe not. But, these boys still need to get as much playing time as they can, and the other night they just really took advantage of it.
I thought I'd go back and look at SV for the last 3 years.

In 2003, they had wins by 51 & 40 and a 4 losses by 30+.
In 2004, they had a win by 28 and 3 losses by 50 or more.
In 2005, they had a win by 47 and losses by 35 & 33.

Maybe, even in his wildest dreams, KS never thought he'd get his guys to score 50, so he didn't have a "back-off" plan.

Or maybe he wanted a big spread in his opener to provide a spark for a while.

Or maybe there's "something in the water" that affects the "sportsmanship gene" of KY coaches, since blow-outs seem to be common.

The problem with these types of games/scores is that usually occur against small teams. Putting in 3rd & 4th stringers might actually make it worse - while the starters have the incentive to "slack" for a quarter without worry of falling behind, the back-ups want to see what they can do in a game and play at 110%. Meanwhile, the other teams' starters have played 3 quarters (some of them prob. play both ways, too) and just don't have much gas left when facing a fresh kid who wants to give his dad something to brag about.

Actually, looking at the box from the W'son paper, it looks like SV did back off in the 4th. It omits one of the 4th quarter TD's, but the other 2 scores were by the defense. Heck, how do you tell a kid playin' D not to score? That may be the only chance he gets all year.

I think the only way to avoid them is to punt on the 2nd play or don't schedule the other team to start with.

------

Phelps - Just "fuh-git about it" and focus on the next game. Remember - last year's 60-0 loss to an in-county rival led to a 64 point effort the following week.
great post
good job valley
Shelby Valley is very wrong in doing this the knew better than to do this the could have ran the ball instead of kicking or anything I hope Belfry destroyes them
congrats sv.... i think if a team can run the score up let em go ahead... if a team isnt good enough to stop it let it show!!!!

:rockon:
DAVIS_MSU Wrote:Why lie to the kids...maybe the critisicim will fire them up...Being nice to football players helps nothing...they should be told the truth so they can grow and maybe one day succeed...Aleast I have the class to tell the truth instead of covering it up with " you tried your best" ot "you'll get them next time". Being nice only works in junior league's...man up...thats the only way the will turn their program around

nice post
Simply put, Phelps is into Valley
Let's see if SV is into Belfry or P-burg?? Huh... wanna do that???
phs1986 Wrote:Let's see if SV is into Belfry or P-burg?? Huh... wanna do that???

I think you mean if Belfry or P-burg is into SV...if you mean SV is gunna beat them..

I dont see that happening tho, IMO
IMO... I don't see it happening either... when they play someone who is of the SAME level (meaning AA or small AAA).... let's see how bad they can "whip" up on them... I personally don't see this in their future!!! and uh won... you knew what I meant!!! LOLOL...
Valley scored on the ground, through the air. Heck, with all the rain, I think they even SWAM for a TD. Phelps didn't have any heart at all. Yeah, a 73 point margin looks like running the score up, but when you've played everyone you have and the opposition still isn't putting up any kind of resistance, you can't very well tell players to go out there and down the ball in what could be their best chance at game time this season, from the start of the 4th quarter.

Valley could be a sleeping giant waiting to erupt on Belfry and SC too. After watching how accurate they were through the air in the rain, I think they could be a very solid contender this year, for the district title at least if not possibly the state!

Now, if karma is going to come around and smack Valley for that game, it might happen pretty quick. I believe they play Matewan this Friday, and from what I heard at the H-M game, this might be a good year for the Tigers. Then again, even if the SV-Phelps score had been 100 - 0, I still would be cheering against Matewan and Yogi.
This thread has run it's shameful course.
We, as staff and as a site, are not going to allow posters to call any team of high school kids a disgrace.
CLOSED