Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats got into Shelby Valley?
79 points.. I know its against a down phelps team. Is phelps this down or is SV much improved this year?
they have to be improve some i mean 79 thats unbelieveable ....Any Stats on this game???
Phelps has a decent team who can play with teams in there numbers...Sv is a 2A team with a CLASSLESS coach who"d run a score up like that...I"ll tell Saunders one thing,what comes around goes around,he"ll get his soon enough.. he can bet the farm on it...
Although SV deserves a congrats for the win.....I over heard A LOT of people talking about how little class they had for running the score up like that....
Fist off, congrats to SV on their win. I watched the last 2 quarters and didn't witness much of an effort not to score on SV's part. It was the longest ballgame to sit through (and as I stated, I only watched the last 2)
Saunders played every kid on the team alot. It is upo to the other team to try and stop them.
That is crazy if u play ever kid on the team and Phelps still could not do anything the might as well go ahead and quit the season looks like trouble for them
They may have played ever player on the team, but going for two point conversions after almost every touchdown is completely classless IMO. I watched the last two quaters and that is what they done. I have no respect for them what so ever.
cats 6969 Wrote:Saunders played every kid on the team alot. It is upo to the other team to try and stop them.
when your playin as good as sv was playin then yeah sometimes you score a lot, but 79 come on that just goes to show that he has no class or respect for his self or your guys school, that makes you all look like jerks and someone will give it to you all just like that and then well see if your outlook changes any on running the score up
What can you say..SIMPLY RIDICULOUS!! 79 points???? I mean who is SHelby Valley? Like mentioned in a previous post..What comes around..Goes around..And I hope and pray it does!
Congrats to SV!
I don't get it with you people. Even with a big W on the record you still down us. Well you may think it is "classless" but isn't it the other teams job to stop their opponent? We got our job done. And another thing, he played every player on that team. The freshman even scored on them. What was we supposed to do, bring out the mothers and let them play? I just dont understand. No matter what we do we, we ALWAYS get put down for it.

I thought Valley was very much improved and I think their future this season looks bright! Keep up the good work Valley. GO CATS!!!!!
I do not agree one bit with running up the score like that, but SV did have to go for 2 every time because they haven't practiced kicking field goals, which will come back and haunt them later this year.
I did say congradulations on the win and I'm happy for the "team"...but I know Haywood would NEVER EVER run the score up like that. As a matter of fact he has kinda scared me before, doing diff things, diff plays, playing freshman...whatever just to take advantage of such a lead and to keep from running the score up. I KNOW theres been games in the past, like with new programs, where he could have run the score up big, but instead let things happen where the score got too close for comfort for me LOL
The kids at Phelps quit on Coach Haggerman after they got down 2 TDS. I mean they had some kids get hurt and they were under the grandstands while the game was going on talking to their girlfriends. Shelby Valley has a decent team but Phelps is not very good. When you are up 5 TDS there is no reason to keep throwing the football. This will comeback to haunt them this year.
Everyone bashes Valley,just leave it alone, a win is a win no matter what the score is. Dillion Hughes a freshman had 3 TD, 2 Intercepetions and caused a fumble, what was valley supost to do just lay down and start lettin Phelps score to try to come back..come on guys, its not valleys faught that phelps didnt try to come back or work together, congrats to valley on the win and good luck phelps
wavefan Wrote:what comes around goes around,he"ll get his soon enough.. he can bet the farm on it...

I agree with that !
Good job valley
so much for havin a little team affecting you
Since the running clock has been implemented after a 45 point lead, beating a team 79-6 is totally classless...period!! Thre are all kinds of ways to keep it respectable with a running clock; run the ball, milk the playclock, remind your players to take their time. Kids need to learn how to win with class...and SV failed to teach this last night!!
PikeCentral#1 Wrote:That is crazy if u play ever kid on the team and Phelps still could not do anything the might as well go ahead and quit the season looks like trouble for them

OH.. they won't quit... and they will continue to show class win or lose... but I bet ya one thing... they (SV) might whip up on a small single A school... But just wait until they get into their games with the AA schools they have to play.... Who knows.... the same thing may happen to SV..!!!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I do not agree one bit with running up the score like that, but SV did have to go for 2 every time because they haven't practiced kicking field goals, which will come back and haunt them later this year.

No!! They did not have to go for two every time. It seems to me this would have been a great opportunity to practice on there field goals. Unbelievable that some people are defending this type of action.Rolleyes
Crossbones Wrote:No!! They did not have to go for two every time. It seems to me this would have been a great opportunity to practice on there field goals. Unbelievable that some people are defending this type of action.Rolleyes

Whats unbelievable is everyone bashing Valley. We get bashed if we lose and we get bashed if we win. We may as well just not even have a football team because no matter what we are ALWAYS the bad people. I bet if Belfry or P-Burg beat a team that bad they would be praised for it. And you better believe if they beat Valley that bad they would talk about how horrible of a team we are, not what a classes act it was on their part. You all need to get a life and stop worrying about what negative thing Shelby Valley is going to do this time. We finally have a coach who is trying to establish a winning program and it is still not good enough.
ladycat2440 Wrote:Whats unbelievable is everyone bashing Valley. We get bashed if we lose and we get bashed if we win. We may as well just not even have a football team because no matter what we are ALWAYS the bad people. I bet if Belfry or P-Burg beat a team that bad they would be praised for it. And you better believe if they beat Valley that bad they would talk about how horrible of a team we are, not what a classes act it was on their part. You all need to get a life and stop worrying about what negative thing Shelby Valley is going to do this time. We finally have a coach who is trying to establish a winning program and it is still not good enough.

Belfry or P-burg would show some class!! NEVER win a game by that margin!!
phs1986 Wrote:Belfry or P-burg would show some class!! NEVER win a game by that margin!!

I guess you proved me wrong :thatsfunn
Prestonsburg wouldn't do something like that..Are you kidding me..They beat Magoffin 83-12 last year....Yeah, and that is class....But go look at Belfry, and look at there opponents worst defeat...unreal..
Ah.... this is only a thread.... I am gonna show some class!! Confusedhh:
Only 1 more thing...let's just see if SV can come across with 79 pts. against a AA school.... the season is just beginning....
ladycat2440 Wrote:Whats unbelievable is everyone bashing Valley. We get bashed if we lose and we get bashed if we win. We may as well just not even have a football team because no matter what we are ALWAYS the bad people. I bet if Belfry or P-Burg beat a team that bad they would be praised for it. And you better believe if they beat Valley that bad they would talk about how horrible of a team we are, not what a classes act it was on their part. You all need to get a life and stop worrying about what negative thing Shelby Valley is going to do this time. We finally have a coach who is trying to establish a winning program and it is still not good enough.
First off, They need to be bashed for not trying field goals after gaining a respective lead. Second, I beg the differ, Belfry has never run the score up that high on any team, period and if they did I would bash them for it. Prestonsburg did it last year and I Bashed them for it. Third, I have a wonderful life and enjoy it but when a classless coach allows the score to be run up to "establish a winning program", the entire program needs to sit back and reavaluate there priorities. Win at all cost and make the other team look as bad as possible is not the attitude I want to teach my children. Apparently you are supportitive of that idea.Rolleyes
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Prestonsburg wouldn't do something like that..Are you kidding me..They beat Magoffin 83-12 last year....Yeah, and that is class....But go look at Belfry, and look at there opponents worst defeat...unreal..

Why did you bring this up ! Prestonsburg wanted to take there agression out on someone and it happend to be Magoffin and we did run the ball unlike SV ! They just couldnt stop us !