Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region 2013/14
I didn't get to see Williamsburg this year. Who started at 1 through 5 and who were the top two or three subs?

What happened to the younger Griffith?
Did Jeffers not play? He was with them in the summer.
1-5 were Lowery, Shelton, Griffith, Faulkner and Sizemore with Rosé-Creekmore and Poore off bench. Jeffers and Hamblin played a little early in the season but quit the team. Not sure why. Dunn played a little toward end of season but only about 2-3 minutes a game. Andrew hurt his knee and was out the entire season. Last I heard they weren't sure when/if he would be able to play again. Having him in the middle would make a world of difference.
hoops_town Wrote:You are 100% correct with this post. Its a complete joke to only schedule 21 games especially with this bunch of talented kids.

The problem with us and the basketball schedule is that about 80% of our boys play football. Being a small school we have to share our students. While the football team was still playing in the play offs we only had about 4 boys that were practicing varsity. Was only scheduling 21 games the best? Maybe not but you can't play early on with only 4 boys.
That does make it tough early, but Williamsburg only played in one Christmas tournament and only five games in January. They were done with football by the end of November.

I thought Williamsburg may have been the All A favorite by 2014 after seeing them last summer, but last season had to set them back some. I don't think they'll be a top 10 team in the region in the preseason. They still have some talent though and should be a lot better the next two years.