Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 preseason powerhouses
Mountain Lizard Wrote:The usual suspects: Belfry, Bell, Williamsburg, Hazard!

Can add Somerset to your list.
And Harlan Co.
I think Belfry takes a step or two back this year. I know they traditionally reload but don't think they can do it this year.

Collins is loaded up.

Can Simon Kenton beat Scott County?? That is a good system they run. That wing t is nasty.

Think Johnson Central could go either way. They lost some big guys up front but they still have their QB and a couple of nice skilled guys.
Cardinals ride Wrote:I think Belfry takes a step or two back this year. I know they traditionally reload but don't think they can do it this year.

Collins is loaded up.

Can Simon Kenton beat Scott County?? That is a good system they run. That wing t is nasty.

Think Johnson Central could go either way. They lost some big guys up front but they still have their QB and a couple of nice skilled guys.

I was told that Scott County will be running a spread offense this year. For a team that ran the wing T as well as anybody in the state that would be a major change.
Wow, why the change up for Scott County?? Don't think the system was really stopping them from beating Trinity. They are having a huge amount of success. Did they change coaches and I didn't hear about it? Anyway, a little shocked they are getting away from their bread and butter!!
Cardinals ride Wrote:Wow, why the change up for Scott County?? Don't think the system was really stopping them from beating Trinity. They are having a huge amount of success. Did they change coaches and I didn't hear about it? Anyway, a little shocked they are getting away from their bread and butter!!

It may just be a rumor but the person who told me was a close friend of coach Mckee. Then again they may use both systems.
knott county
knighted Wrote:It may just be a rumor but the person who told me was a close friend of coach Mckee. Then again they may use both systems.

McKee's son is the QB, correct? McKee may feel the spread will take fuller advantage of his son's talents (and better his son's chances of getting a college scholarship).
sstack Wrote:What do you know about Mr. Greene? Have been watching this kid on the track and he has excellent speed and has very nice build. There will not be many DB's able to keep up with him on the fly patterns; what kind of hands does he have?

Sorry for not answering sooner. Greene should have an exceptionally good year. Very, very nice speed and very good hands to go with it. Great kid who will provide a lot of leadership on and off the field. He'll put a lot of pressure on opposing DBs on the deep routes. Which will open the middle for the TE and the other receivers. Birds will once again be able to run the ball extremely well and pass the ball extremely well.
What's mayfield going to look like this year?