Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 preseason powerhouses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who will be the new powerhouses in 2013 now the the 2012 season has ended?
Trinity, Central, Highlands and Mayfield would be a good place to start.
E's Army Wrote:Trinity, Central, Highlands and Mayfield would be a good place to start.

Along with those teams I would add bowling green also!!
Don't forget about the PIRATES. BELFRY LOOKS GOOD FOR THE NEXT 3-4 years.
Mayfield does have, I think 20 juniors returning. They also have quiet a few sophomores back. Our entire line is back with the exception of Rakeem Burton, who didn't get to play in the championship because of injury. We also have our qb and 2 running backs back. We also have about 3 receivers back. I would also throw in that Russellville, Williamsburg and Beechwood should be some other names that come to mind in 1a.
^ Very impressed with Mayfield. Not a real big team, but big enough and fast everywhere.
Bowling Green will return 18 starters next year, including all of their skill players except one.
Caldwell County should be good for a few more years!
Hazard shall be decent.. Defense should be the key too hazard next season.. They return everyone except for Olinger and Johnson, Higgins and Stupart.. Should have 7 returning starters on the defensive side, and The offense loses 3 skill guys and 1 lineman.. The line play for Hazard should be solid next year.. Hazard will be more From Brandon Jones, Jalen Olinger, Kody Arnett.. Expect to see the Trey Higgins boy excell along with Cade Fletcher and many more.. QB is the question mark but i figured they Jacob Roll boy would play a little QB but not sure..
^^I really look for Pikeville to be better than Hazard the next 2-3 years.
Collins returns a lot of very good players and should also do well.
I believe Raceland returns about everybody and should be very tough next year.
Conner
Pikeville should be pretty tough next season. I think only 3 graduated, two of those, starters (Jacob Burke, and Conner Pack ) correct me if i'm wrong somebody. All those young freshmen and soph. grew up this season, taking their bumps and bruises. Should see some better results next season.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Pikeville should be pretty tough next season. I think only 3 graduated, two of those, starters (Jacob Burke, and Conner Pack ) correct me if i'm wrong somebody. All those young freshmen and soph. grew up this season, taking their bumps and bruises. Should see some better results next season.

Overlooked lineman Nathan Guieterrez, who graduates.
I expect Johnson Central to take a huge leap next year.
panther nation Wrote:Along with those teams I would add bowling green also!!

IMO....Bowling Green might be the best team in any class next year. They return 14 senior starters from last year that we know of. Lexington Catholic begins their season at Bowling Green and their second game Catholic plays St. X in our bowl. It's going to be a tough start for Lex Cath to open season with. This year I'm thinking maybe FTH was the top team in the state. But of course that's just my opinion.
Raceland returns every skill position, with the exception of John Calencourt. Daylin Beach returns at Rb(rushed for 1000 yds and 20tds) as does Zack Litteral(rushed for 900 yds and 10tds), they also return their QB Adam Elkins who through for over 1200 yds and atleast 15 tds, they return their top 2 recievers in Conner Messer and Rodney Vance. The two combine for over 1000yds recieving and 10 tds. The players they will lose on the line will be replaced with Carbon copies. Next years freshman class finished their season as the state runner up as 8th graders and have a few players in Isaac Wallace, Morgan Kiser, Bailey Walker, that will probably see significant playing time. Walker could be one of the best return men/rbs in the state the next 4 years. Their schedule will be a tough one but should prepare them for district and playoff success. Unless Fairview suprises me, the district should be Racelands to loose for the next several years. But I look for Pikeville, Williamsburg, and Hazard to be tough outs next year. With so many teams being so young, the east side of te bracket will provide some great football for the next few years in rounds 2-4.
Unless Fairview gets an influx of players Raceland should be the team to beat in that district. Fairview was loaded with a great senior class this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland returns every skill position, with the exception of John Calencourt. Daylin Beach returns at Rb(rushed for 1000 yds and 20tds) as does Zack Litteral(rushed for 900 yds and 10tds), they also return their QB Adam Elkins who through for over 1200 yds and atleast 15 tds, they return their top 2 recievers in Conner Messer and Rodney Vance. The two combine for over 1000yds recieving and 10 tds. The players they will lose on the line will be replaced with Carbon copies. Next years freshman class finished their season as the state runner up as 8th graders and have a few players in Isaac Wallace, Morgan Kiser, Bailey Walker, that will probably see significant playing time. Walker could be one of the best return men/rbs in the state the next 4 years. Their schedule will be a tough one but should prepare them for district and playoff success. Unless Fairview suprises me, the district should be Racelands to loose for the next several years. But I look for Pikeville, Williamsburg, and Hazard to be tough outs next year. With so many teams being so young, the east side of te bracket will provide some great football for the next few years in rounds 2-4.

So let me get this straight fairview just went to state title game right? I know they lose 3 great backs but you think they are just going away? State title appearance does a lot for your program don't see raceland being great at all they are not physical and pretty soft but that's my opinion. I don't know if they think they can truly be great program their kids don't seen to care or a bad pikeville team wouldn't have beat them that's soft mentally and physically. So why should they be district favorites? Crazy
I think Williamsburg will be the team to beat in Region 3 of Class A. They return almost all their skill guys.

In 5A, Pulaski County and Madison Southern will probably battle for District 7. I know Southwestern has some very, very good players coming out of middle school.

Harlan County will be the District 8 and Region 4 favorite. The Bears bring back a very strong junior class and will probably have the three top players in the district in Whitehead, Long and Wilson.
Whitley will be a solid second. Letcher may overtake Perry Central because Perry Central loses their playmakers.
russellpride Wrote:So let me get this straight fairview just went to state title game right? I know they lose 3 great backs but you think they are just going away? State title appearance does a lot for your program don't see raceland being great at all they are not physical and pretty soft but that's my opinion. I don't know if they think they can truly be great program their kids don't seen to care or a bad pikeville team wouldn't have beat them that's soft mentally and physically. So why should they be district favorites? Crazy

Fairview will have their say in the district I am sure. McPeek is very good at getting the most out of his players. Tanner Dolen will be a great running back for Fairview for the next 3 years. But with that said, unless the finals apperance draws some more players, Fairview may not ever see another season like this, let alone another title shot, this was probably the best football team from our area in history(small school anyway). Not saying that Raceland will be able to repeat another state championship shot for our district, but they will be extremely experienced and stronger than this years team, the difference will be in Adam Elkins and if he can grow a couple inches or increase his arm strength. I do agree that this years Raceland team lacked the physicallity and kill or be killed mentality, but I think that will change next year. Its a long time between now and then, since we wont see the Raceland Russell game again...how does Russell look next year. I know the freshman class was pretty stout, whats the word on McGlone and if he does finally back down, who will be his successor?
Somerset has 15 starters returning and every single skilled player coming back next year except for the tight end. Going to be in contention for 2A title just like they are every other year again. Could be scary good next year now that Freshman QB Castle Hatcher has a year under his belt. Watch out 2A.
Williamsburg will be loaded
I still like Russell county.
Got an Ellis on the team, and several defensive starters back, still good coaching.
Simon Kenton returns alot of starters and should be the top NKY 6A team.
Trinity will be a very interesting situation. They lose all eleven starters on defense and the main three players on offense (QB/RB/WR). Not sure they have a QB in the "system" to replace Travis Wright. Will be a challenge for Beatty especially with X hiring Will Wofford. I am hearing that former UofL QB Browning Neagle will be joining his staff and bringing his big QB son with him.
knighted Wrote:IMO....Bowling Green might be the best team in any class next year. They return 14 senior starters from last year that we know of. Lexington Catholic begins their season at Bowling Green and their second game Catholic plays St. X in our bowl. It's going to be a tough start for Lex Cath to open season with. This year I'm thinking maybe FTH was the top team in the state. But of course that's just my opinion.

Hey, whats Catholic non-district schedule looking like for next season?
citykat Wrote:Trinity will be a very interesting situation. They lose all eleven starters on defense and the main three players on offense (QB/RB/WR). Not sure they have a QB in the "system" to replace Travis Wright. Will be a challenge for Beatty especially with X hiring Will Wofford. I am hearing that former UofL QB Browning Neagle will be joining his staff and bringing his big QB son with him.

Trinity will have Bonnafon at QB and he already has D1 offers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4