Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Southwestern (10/19)
Pulaski County 41

Southwestern 14
PC needs a good showing here.

PC 38
SW 14
Forever Maroon Wrote:I havent seen anything dirty from SW or PC. I'm sure it will be a spirited contest with lots of hard hits and aggression. I don't see anyone getting ejected on either team.

Agreed.
29 1/2 hours until kickoff!!
Willie Turnover Wrote:I understand what you are saying HOWEVER I think in the long run PC needs to beat SW. I say that because I am not sure PC can win past the second round this year whether they are healthy or not.

Even though they can't make the playoffs I think Southwestern needs this game more than Pulaski. If the Warriors don't win this season they will likely lose at least 4 in a row to the Maroons as Pulaski is playing a lot of freshman and sophomores.
meat loaf Wrote:It is my understanding from the Maroon camp that several Pulaski starters will sit this one out to get healthy for the playoffs. If this is the case it should be a very close game. If Pulaski tailback Tyler Goins sits as expected Pulaski will have trouble moving the ball.

You would be correct! They want to make sure that everyone is healthy so they can make a run at the Regional Championship. I do agree that this will be a close game but, I think that even with those starters sitting, Pulaski has too much for SW to keep up for four quarters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Well I retract my prior statements. I am not sure if it is official but, I just received word that all the Maroons will be at full strength and no one will be sitting out. Now, if they get a big lead Coach Hines will obviously sit the starters in the 2nd Half.

If all the starters are in fact a go for Pulaski Co, I predict they win 42-21. The Maroons should get out to a large lead in the 1st Half and allow the starters to sit for some or most of the 2nd half which will be when the Warriors are most likely going to score some TDs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pulaski in a closer game than it should be...35-28
While I agree PC has had a good year and SW has had a rough time lately, SW is also playing more freshman and sophomores on Friday night than juniors and seniors.
Both schools have a strong freshman and sophomore group and should only get better if given the opportunity.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:While I agree PC has had a good year and SW has had a rough time lately, SW is also playing more freshman and sophomores on Friday night than juniors and seniors.
Both schools have a strong freshman and sophomore group and should only get better if given the opportunity.
Agreed and both have very strong 8th grade groups coming.
This game will be broadcast live on MVP Sports Channel. http://www.mvpsportschannel.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pulaski by 12
27-7 final score pc wins
Looking forward to the game.