Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County @ Southwestern (10/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins this cross-town match-up?

Pulaski County has the district championship already wrapped up and Southwestern is out of the playoffs, so this game is for bragging rights.
Pulaski County by 3 touchdowns.
Pulaski Co
I'm pulling for Southwestern in an upset!!
Go Warriors!!!!
I'd like to see SW win it but I dont see it happening. Pulaski by 21+
It all depends on who Pulaski plays and who sits. They had some injuries over the last few games and with it not meaning anything as far as playoffs, this may be a JV game for the Maroons. I'm sure both teams will be hyped for bragging rights, but PC will be looking at the big picture as well. With all that said, PC wins this one 34-12.
Pulaski wins this one. Seems like they have been winning at each others field lately.
Pulaski Co will walk away with this one, even if they play with their JV.
Pulaski has won 4 of the last 5 games against the Warriors.
Last 5 years:
07 @PC 41-15 PC
08 @SW 38-35 PC
09 @PC 16-6 PC
10 @SW 21-14 PC
11 @PC 49-25 SW
I'll take Pulaski County 42-14.
Forever Maroon Wrote:It all depends on who Pulaski plays and who sits. They had some injuries over the last few games and with it not meaning anything as far as playoffs, this may be a JV game for the Maroons. I'm sure both teams will be hyped for bragging rights, but PC will be looking at the big picture as well. With all that said, PC wins this one 34-12.
Any truth to the rumors floating around that PC has some starters who may be sidelined due to academic problems???? Seems like we get this every year right before a crosstown matchup. I hope Southwestern shows up ready to play. They're very young, only three seniors starting, and relying on freshmen and sophomores to fill some big gaps. Add the injured guys in and you're left with a sparse roster. I think the Warriors can make it an interesting game, expecially if they put some pressure on the QB.
As Forever Maroon stated, the outcome of this game will depend on who plays Friday night. Obviously Coach Hines is looking to save all key players that may be recovering from an injury for the playoffs. So there may be some that sit for the majority if not all of the remaining regular season. IMO, the Maroons win this game either way. It will be a fairly close game for obvious reasons. Prediction is based on the assumption that most of the starters will be sitting.

Pulaski Co. - 28

Southwestern - 14
Pulaski will win this game by 20
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:As Forever Maroon stated, the outcome of this game will depend on who plays Friday night. Obviously Coach Hines is looking to save all key players that may be recovering from an injury for the playoffs. So there may be some that sit for the majority if not all of the remaining regular season. IMO, the Maroons win this game either way. It will be a fairly close game for obvious reasons. Prediction is based on the assumption that most of the starters will be sitting.

Pulaski Co. - 28

Southwestern - 14
It is my understanding from the Maroon camp that several Pulaski starters will sit this one out to get healthy for the playoffs. If this is the case it should be a very close game. If Pulaski tailback Tyler Goins sits as expected Pulaski will have trouble moving the ball.
If you think about it, Pulaski is pretty much a JV team, as they start quite a bit of freshman. But Pulaski's JV team couldn't beat Southwestern's varsity team -- there is no way. Plus, the Pulaski JV team lost to Southwestern's JV team last night, 20-8. Just saying...
GetChili Wrote:If you think about it, Pulaski is pretty much a JV team, as they start quite a bit of freshman. But Pulaski's JV team couldn't beat Southwestern's varsity team -- there is no way. Plus, the Pulaski JV team lost to Southwestern's JV team last night, 20-8. Just saying...

I posted this in the Southwestern/Lincoln County thread but I don't think you saw it. I heard that Southwestern started the Lincoln County game with multiple penalties because they did not supply a chain crew by game time. What is going on out there? In a game that decides whether you make the playoffs or not how are you that unorganized? Between stuff like this, the perceived lack of respect towards the alumni, player defections and performance on the field is this coaching staff going to feel some heat?
Norm Peterson Wrote:I posted this in the Southwestern/Lincoln County thread but I don't think you saw it. I heard that Southwestern started the Lincoln County game with multiple penalties because they did not supply a chain crew by game time. What is going on out there? In a game that decides whether you make the playoffs or not how are you that unorganized? Between stuff like this, the perceived lack of respect towards the alumni, player defections and performance on the field is this coaching staff going to feel some heat?

My bad, I guess I didn't see it. I haven't been on that thread in a while. But yes, the game did start about 5-7 minutes late because there was no chain gang. I didn't know that a team could get penalized for that, but that's what happened the other night. That rough start seemed to portray the rest of the game for SW.
GetChili Wrote:My bad, I guess I didn't see it. I haven't been on that thread in a while. But yes, the game did start about 5-7 minutes late because there was no chain gang. I didn't know that a team could get penalized for that, but that's what happened the other night. That rough start seemed to portray the rest of the game for SW.

Yeah, it is the home team's responsibility to have everything ready to go. I can't believe that in a game where they were playing for the opportunity to extend their season that they would allow something like that to happen.
PC by 2 TDs
Pulaski 35 SW 21
Norm Peterson Wrote:I posted this in the Southwestern/Lincoln County thread but I don't think you saw it. I heard that Southwestern started the Lincoln County game with multiple penalties because they did not supply a chain crew by game time. What is going on out there? In a game that decides whether you make the playoffs or not how are you that unorganized? Between stuff like this, the perceived lack of respect towards the alumni, player defections and performance on the field is this coaching staff going to feel some heat?

Because Somerset went wet , it is now impossible to find 3 people to run the chains in this county on a friday night. Everyone is in line at Billys main street market buying Natural light. Confusednicker:

I seriously doubt it. To much of a Casey county connection between the head coach and superintendent. The coach will be there for as long as he wants, at least until the superintendent retires. The coach will always surround himself with know-nothings just to make himself look like he knows whats going on. But what do I know, I'm sure chilli will set me straight
Highly doubt Hines will sit anyone out for this game. If he does and he wins, he looks smart, if SW wins he looks like a complete idiot.
Why would he look like an idiot? Sitting players who are banged up, not allowing opportunity for further injury, is a smart move no matter the outcome. The game with SW means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Getting players healthy for a region and state title run is what really matters. I'm sure it will be SW's Super Bowl, as they are not going to the post-season. It does mean a lot to the players on these teams to have bragging rights for a year, but coach Hines also knows it is more important to have a full roster come playoffs than it is to win this game. I still believe he will play all healthy players as long as needed. Should be a fun time Friday night.
Another question is:

How many players will be ejected from the game for fighting, SW is very dirty from what I hear and have nothing to lose.
Pulaski by 28. Good luck to both teams.
Pulaski County by 21.
I havent seen anything dirty from SW or PC. I'm sure it will be a spirited contest with lots of hard hits and aggression. I don't see anyone getting ejected on either team.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Why would he look like an idiot? Sitting players who are banged up, not allowing opportunity for further injury, is a smart move no matter the outcome. The game with SW means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Getting players healthy for a region and state title run is what really matters. I'm sure it will be SW's Super Bowl, as they are not going to the post-season. It does mean a lot to the players on these teams to have bragging rights for a year, but coach Hines also knows it is more important to have a full roster come playoffs than it is to win this game. I still believe he will play all healthy players as long as needed. Should be a fun time Friday night.

I understand what you are saying HOWEVER I think in the long run PC needs to beat SW. I say that because I am not sure PC can win past the second round this year whether they are healthy or not.
Big rival game, but Pulaski should come out on top.
Pages: 1 2