Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins the 14th?
I am pretty sure Estill and Lee have nothing to say Confusednicker: for one lee didnt even make it past the first round of districts last year and Estill didnt even make it past first round of regions so they have nothing to say. O yeah monnett wasnt all that great we have a better defensive pg this year who can get to the basket and has speed.
Does anyone else find it funny that there is an argument going on about the most irrelevant District in the state?
All I'm saying is that Estill and Lee both return their entire team! Powell does not. Just have to wait until February to see how things play out
Breathitt Co and Denny will win the 14th this year. mark it down! but than again its been quite on lotts creek this offseason Rhodes might have 15 transfers playing for them this upcoming season.
Strikeout King Wrote:All I'm saying is that Estill and Lee both return their entire team! Powell does not. Just have to wait until February to see how things play out

Definitely wait until February! None of them will be playing in March
Its a 4 team race Hazard,Knott,Breathitt,and Perry the rest is a mute point.
ballboy Wrote:Its a 4 team race Hazard,Knott,Breathitt,and Perry the rest is a mute point.

Exactly. Its not impossible for a team or two from this group to be upset, but the winner of the region will come from this group.

And the player of the year in this region has to be a senior I think, so Dalton has about as good of chance as anyone. But he might just be the 3rd scoring option so it could be hard.
JBS is back and we've heard got some transfers from other places and maybe Canada , any truth ? Whose their coach ?
JBS has NO CHANCE, unless they let ALC's Varsity play in the region. Then maybe but nothing definate.
Strikeout King Wrote:All I'm saying is that Estill and Lee both return their entire team! Powell does not. Just have to wait until February to see how things play out

You are correct SK! Powell Co will not even be a threat in the district, say nothing of the region! It will not surprise me if Powell Co comes in last in the 56th District this year! Estill Co and Lee Co return all their players and will contend for the District. Owsley Co does have a core of players that have been playing together for several years and will be a very close 3rd. Owsley will definitely surprise some this year, IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I think Breathitt County has a good shot at taking the 14th.. PCC is obviously at the top with Spurlock's addition of Johnson but as shown last year, most talent doesn't mean everything.
IMO this is the best the 14th has looked in a long time. Breathitt, Perry, Knott, and Hazard are the top teams. Of those four I believe Hazard and Breathitt are the top two with Perry third and Knott fourth. Hazard is going to be deep and athletic, and Breathitt returns a lot from a very good team last season. If Johnson can play Perry will be a hard team to match up with, but even if he doesn't they will still be a tough team to beat. As for Knott they return a lot from a year ago, I'm not sure how this team will look this year though. A lot of shots to go around down there and not enough minutes.
i think people arent giving powell enough credit, yeah they lost quite a few seniors but they have players nobody knows about that didnt play last year... people are going to be in for a supriseConfusednicker:
powell has some players that nobody knows about that were ineligible last year. powell is gonna be very fast, i dont think anyone in the 14th region will be able to play like they do. and yes, districts are at estill this year but i dont think anyone is worrying about that...
District Champs
53rd-Knott Central
54-Hazard
55th-Breahitt Co
56th-Powell

Runners Up
53rd Letcher Central
54th-Perry Central
55th-Wolfe Co
56th-estill

Regional Champs-Perry Central

Coach of the Year---Denny Fugate

Player of the Year-- Alex Hamilton
Wall2wall that looks about right. Letcher will be rebuilding this year. Hopefully we will make it interesting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I believe Powell county will suprise some people this year, although we have lost height we are a quick team and the game tempo will be intense.
District Champs
53rd Knott Co.
54th Hazard
District Champs
55th Breathitt
56th Owsley
Us here in Belfry want Breathitt to win it, so we're gonna do our parts to ensure they can start basketball practice at full force Monday Confusednicker:
Hazard and PCC most of the time are the best two teams in the 14th ! The 54th district needs to seed not draw ! There should be a khsaa rule on that !!
:flame:I see Wolfe county upsetting breathitt county
Ballers Wrote:It's really hard to say...
For all we know Hazard and PCC could draw each other in district.
But for some reason, I don't think they will allow it just because they like setting things up for region to make it more exciting.

The draw in my opinion, is set up sometimes.
They are always trying to give Buckhorn the shaft in district.

as many times as Hazard and PCC have drawn head up in the district
over the last few years, it's BEYOND OBVIOUS that no monkey
business can be taking place. If it could, those 2 would almost never
draw each other.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Us here in Belfry want Breathitt to win it, so we're gonna do our parts to ensure they can start basketball practice at full force Monday Confusednicker:

now THAT was funny, I don't care who you root for.
Observing Wrote:as many times as Hazard and PCC have drawn head up in the district
over the last few years, it's BEYOND OBVIOUS that no monkey
business can be taking place. If it could, those 2 would almost never
draw each other.

I've watched the draw happen with my own eyes several times...
there's no way that it is set up.
Uh your overlooking Owsley in the 56th District. Really!
ballinbigcat23 Wrote::flame:I see Wolfe county upsetting breathitt county

We have a comedian in the building.
riverside