Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Wins the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who is your 8 teams in the 14th toury? and who wins it all?

53rd = 1.Powell, 2.Lee
54th = 1.Hazard, 2.PCC
55th = 1.Brethitt, 2.Jackson
56th = 1.Knott, 2.Lecther

I have Knott vs Breathitt in finals and Breahitt winning it all.

What do you guys think?
uhhh well you have the 53rd and 56th Districts wrong. Powell/Lee are in 56th while Letcher/Knott are 53rd.

Secondly, Estill (56th w/ powell, lee, owsley) return more players than any other team in the district plus District is at Estill this year
It's really hard to say...
For all we know Hazard and PCC could draw each other in district.
But for some reason, I don't think they will allow it just because they like setting things up for region to make it more exciting.

The draw in my opinion, is set up sometimes.
They are always trying to give Buckhorn the shaft in district.
District Champs
53rd-Knott Central
54-Perry Central
55th-Breahitt Co
56th-Estill Co

Runners Up
53rd Letcher Central
54th-Hazard
55th-Wolfe Co
56th-Powell

Coach of the Year---BB King

Player of the Year--Dalton Cornett
I believe Jenkins will beat LCC this year. I think Jenkins will make it to the regional tourney for the first time in a while. Jenkins returned everybody i do believe.
Gotta go with hazard.
Perry Centrals year.
Going to go with the Commodores. Johnson, Beverly, Cornett, and the Pray brothers are going to be a hard out for anyone come March. Yes, i'm a homer, I don't even hide it.
MVP2 Wrote:District Champs
53rd-Knott Central
54-Perry Central
55th-Breahitt Co
56th-Estill Co

Runners Up
53rd Letcher Central
54th-Hazard
55th-Wolfe Co
56th-Powell

Coach of the Year---BB King

Player of the Year--Dalton Cornett

ha
running_clock Wrote:ha

Let me guess you think spurlock and johnson?
Downtown10 Wrote:Let me guess you think spurlock and johnson?

I'd say Denny for COY but I would have to be stupid to consider Johnson for POY and him a junior.
After thinking about it some more I could see Dalton for POY.
It will be a great year for the region 4 good teams Breathitt,Co.Knott,Co.Hazard. Perry,Cent. If perry recieves the transfer we think they will get in a week they will be 1 If not it up for grabs.
^I thought Pcc was getting a kid from Tennessee??Could this be the kid everyone is mistaking for Kasongo??
I believe its Perry year. They've got the talent for sure yet again. But you can never count out Hazard with what they got this year also.
I believe with all of the kids transfering to Perry hurts the program more than it helps. Perry had the most success when home grown boys were playing and not a bunch of one or two year transfers. It seems like it meant more to those boys than it does now. High School basketball isn't just about gathering a bunch of talent on one team. It is about being a team and not just a bunch of individuals playing for themselves. This is why I don't have Perry being the best team in the region. On paper Perry is the most talented team in the region but they are not the best team. I believe this is the year the bobcats get back to Rupp.
This is why i love high school basketball. You never know what can happen in the mountains. You make an excellent point Cat Daddy. I don't like kids transferring just so they can gather up all the talent and try to win. Its not as amazing as a bunch of local kids growing together and winning as a team. But these stacked teams are still great to watch.
How about someone give powell some respect here they have the best shooter in the 14th and they dont even recruit kids.
^ Powell may have the best shooter but they still lost a ton from last year's team that made it to the Regional Semi-Finals. Sort of a re-building year for the Pirates
bigwr21- I guess powell can join lcc, buckhorn, breathitt, jackson city and jenkins. They get barely any respect and they dont recruit, well they might get one or two players but they dont recruit them.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I believe with all of the kids transfering to Perry hurts the program more than it helps. Perry had the most success when home grown boys were playing and not a bunch of one or two year transfers. It seems like it meant more to those boys than it does now. High School basketball isn't just about gathering a bunch of talent on one team. It is about being a team and not just a bunch of individuals playing for themselves. This is why I don't have Perry being the best team in the region. On paper Perry is the most talented team in the region but they are not the best team. I believe this is the year the bobcats get back to Rupp.

I'll take talent over good ole' boys any day
Yeah runningclock thats easy for you to say now. What if your son or your brothers boy has loses his starting job to a transfer? Would you be ok with it then? Dont get me wrong I love talent to but still, this isnt the University of Kentucky we are talking about. We are talking about high school kids. Most of them boys will never see a basketball court again when the graduate high school.
Playing High School basketball is a privilege, not a guarantee. If my son or my nephew loses playing time to a transfer I'll tell them to work harder, find a way to contribute, and earn there own playing time. If my son goes out for the team in a few years and someone takes his time: he'll either work harder, take his lumps, or worry about more important things like doing his homework and keeping his grades up.
Strikeout King Wrote:uhhh well you have the 53rd and 56th Districts wrong. Powell/Lee are in 56th while Letcher/Knott are 53rd.

Secondly, Estill (56th w/ powell, lee, owsley) return more players than any other team in the district plus District is at Estill this year
Well, that's good for Lee County! We always seem to do good at Estill!
bigwr21 Wrote:How about someone give powell some respect here they have the best shooter in the 14th and they dont even recruit kids.

Powell has been picked a couple times to come out of there district, to say that there gonna do more than that with Knott,Breathitt,Hazard,and pcc in the same region is a little far fetched. Powell having the best shooter in the region is very arguable.
running_clock Wrote:ha

We'll see.
MVP2 Wrote:We'll see.

Player of the year and Coach of the year seems to me like they just hand them out to random people on some years. Not saying that I don't agree with it sometimes...

but them giving out a co-COY last year and neither Coach doing any better than Coach Fugate blew my mind - and I can remember the year that Andy Blank got POY and he was probably just barely cracking my top 5. Not saying that he wasn't a good player - just saying that there were a handful of kids that worked just as hard, played on better teams, and put up just as good (if not better) of numbers.
I can see BB getting the coach's award...
but Dalton needs to really step up to claim the other.
They have a good pf and center this year again powell does he may not be weight size but this kid will play with any other in the region.
Powell lost Both bigs, Pelfrey, monnett, 2 of the 3 Goodwin brothers that's most of Powell's scoring right there. I ain't saying they won't be competitive come district tourney time because everyone is competitive when that rolls around but to say they're a top 5 team in region is pushing it. I'm sure Breathitt, Perry, Hazard, Letcher, Estill, Lee woukd have something to say about that...JMO
Pages: 1 2