Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What games are you most looking forward to this season?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
As i said in the other thread, there a recruiting powerhouse.

I'm not sure how Private schools work in each state. If privates are in seperate class than publics then recruit away. 1 thing about Tennessee is if you receive scholarship $$$ you CANNOT compete in athletics.It doesnt matter what scholarship if for. Even academics!!!
I would like to see that as well strikeout if nothing else just to shake up the schedule and see some new teams on the varsity level.
CBW57 Wrote:I hate to say it but I am not that fired up about playing Rowan co in the rec bowl. I am more looking forward to the game because it kicks the season off. I just wish we could get the rec bowl back to the time when we had some of the elite teams come in and play not teams you see every year. I cant remember the year when we had Highlands and Trinty but that was top flight high school football.

Highlands beat Christian Co. in the Rec Bowl in 1982. CC went on to win AAAA state title with only the lose to Highlands. Highlands went undefeated and won AAA title and was the top ranked team in the state.

I was just reading an old article about that year, coach Herrmann talked about the road trips during the playoffs.He talked about the game at Russell,and "how it should serve as a reminder to all of us of how not to treat our visitors in the future." I remember that game well and still can not believe how adults acted. Just curious if Russell fans still act that way?, they were an embarassment to the school and the community.
I hope that in the near future when can get teams like Highlands to come back and play in the rec bowl with a quality opponent. I just hate to see how far its fallen over the years it is the oldest bowl game in the state.
Boyle at Highlands
Boyle at Lex Cath
I think a line up with those type of teams would be most satisfying.
If i'm not mistaken the Rec Bowl is the only time Boyle and Breathitt has ever met. Maybe '99 or 2000. That one was ugly.
64black&gold Wrote:If i'm not mistaken the Rec Bowl is the only time Boyle and Breathitt has ever met. Maybe '99 or 2000. That one was ugly.

If I am not mistaken Breathitt beat Boyle in 96 in the state semi final match up. It was a low scoring game something like 12-7.
I stand corrected. 12-7 in 96.
JCHS vs. Ironton
Rival games!!!!