Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What games are you most looking forward to this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, not sure if all of the teams' schedules are out yet, but most probably are. And most of you bigtime fans already know the bigtime games you're going to watch.

So, what are some of the must-see games that your team, or any team for that matter, will be playing this year and you'll hopefully be attending?

This can give us a good idea of some of the best games of the year, and get more people there and in the know abut them. I, for one, would like to get an idea so I can get to some of the biggest and best of the season, because I wasn't able to last year.

So, again, what's some of the biggest games of the year will you BGRers be hoping on attending this upcoming season?
Powell/Estill

I'm actually looking forward to all of them except the Breathitt/Estill game
Perry Central @ Somerset
When are these games dudes? Especially the Perry game above me. I've always been a Perry fan over Hazard, goes back to my freshman year and how good their people treated my team while we were there, but it exploded last year. Definitely want to catch all of their big games this year, I don't mind the drive from Pikeville to Hazard.
Breathitt/Estill - Aug 17 at Estill

Powell/Estill - Sep 21 at Estill.

Perry Central/Somerset - Oct 26 at Somerset

Ah hell I just can't wait til football comes back around!!!!
Thanks brother. As you can tell, my football fever is creeping back. And when I finally get to buy NCAA Football 13 on July 10, it'll be full on crazy, lol.
Mine is too man
Pikeville @ Harlan. Very competitive game for these two kicking off the season.
Whitley County @ Harlan County
Harlan @(?) Williamsburg
Whitley/Bell
Harlan County @ Knox Central
Big Five-0- Wrote:Pikeville @ Harlan. Very competitive game for these two kicking off the season.

Definitely going to try to make it to that one...
Whitley/Harlan County
Whitley/Bell
Whitley/Boyle

As for games around the mountains id like to see this year....

Williamsburg/Harlan
Harlan County/Bell County
Johnson Central/Belfry
Pulaski County/Southwestern
Rockcastle/Russell County

Theres many more, these are just off the top of my head.
If both teams make it, I'd like to see the Breathitt/Belfry slugfest at Cam. That will be a knockdown drag out, probably one of the best if not the best games in the mountains all year
Madison central vs. Boone County
In the Meijer Roy Kidd bowl game first game of the season MCHS lost in the last 30 seconds of the first round of the playoffs to Boone county I know those boys want some revenge and Boone county isnt going down without a fight
I would love to see Raceland Vs. Pikeville and Raceland Vs. Russell. Unfortuneatly I will not be able to see either of those games because I am now in North Carolina. However, from what I hear one of the best teams in North Carolina, Northside High School, is right across the street from me. They were state runners up in either 2011 or 2010. I am looking forward to catching a couple of games.
Excited to get a chance to get our first W at Ashland.

Also excited at the possibility of playing for a third straight year in Bowling Green. Let's hope we get there.
vundy33 Wrote:When are these games dudes? Especially the Perry game above me. I've always been a Perry fan over Hazard, goes back to my freshman year and how good their people treated my team while we were there, but it exploded last year. Definitely want to catch all of their big games this year, I don't mind the drive from Pikeville to Hazard.

Vundy if you want to see a good Perry Central game and not travel far then you need to see the Perry Central vs Prestonsburg at Prestonsburg on August 17th.

Here is a list of the last 3 meetings. All 3 came down to the final play of the game before they where decided.

2007 at Perry Central ---- Perry Central 21 Prestonsburg 20
2008 at Prestonsburg ---- Prestonsburg 21 Perry Central 20
2011 at Perry Central ---- Perry Central 35 Prestonsburg 34

If the trend holds then Prestonsburg should win by 1 this year lol.
In all seriousness this should be one hell of a game.
Prestonsburg vs Belfry on September 7th should also be a slober knocker.
When these 2 play it is standing room only. The 2 programs have much respect for each other, but when the whistle blows to start the game it is all out WAR till the final tick of the clock.
I will probably be attending the Prestonsburg/Perry Central game on the 17th, won't this be the first game on the turf?

It's always a battle between the Blackcats and Pirates, Derrosset knows how to beat us. #1 Blackcat Fan, you should PM me a good Prestonsburg preview. Don't know much about them. I know they lost quite a few talented players but Prestonsburg doesn't have bad years.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I will probably be attending the Prestonsburg/Perry Central game on the 17th, won't this be the first game on the turf?It's always a battle between the Blackcats and Pirates, Derrosset knows how to beat us. #1 Blackcat Fan, you should PM me a good Prestonsburg preview. Don't know much about them. I know they lost quite a few talented players but Prestonsburg doesn't have bad years.

Yes.
Told you all I'm a bit of a homie...so I'll stay local and say, Lexington Catholic vs Ensworth Academy ( Nashville TN ) a powerhouse in the state of Tenn. won several state championship. What do you all think?
mayfield vs Tilghman
mayfield vs beechwood
mayfield vs hazard if they both get there payback is a b****
Highlands/Boyle first game of the year and a great way to start the year. Highlands looked shacky to start the game in their first defensive series and then controled the rest of the game(even though they played sloppy) last year. I look for the same type of game; new players for Highlands taking a few series to get the ship running and then winning fairly easily in the second half. Already getting excited for the new season.
Paducah Tilghman @ Lone Oak (The Graveyard) Aug. 18 at 7:30. McCracken is consolidating so this may be Lone Oak's last chance. Lone Oak has never beaten Tilghman and was trounced 46-3 last year before a crowd of 9,000. Last year Lone Oak transfer Tyler Presnell started at QB for Tilghman. This year, two more Lone Oak players have transferred, but their eligibility is still pending. Game should be a hot dandy.
Johnson Central at Perry County Central
Knox Central at(?) Johnson Central
Ashland at Johnson Central
Highlands at Johnson Central

I don't think most people realize that last season was a rebuilding year for Johnson Central. People have short memories. I remember how most members expected the JC to take a hit following the graduation of Ron Blume. Ditto when Grim graduated. Now, JC has lost the best RB in the history of the program and everyone expects this team to be worse than last year's team. It's not going to happen.
The PCC-Somerset game should be a good one.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Excited to get a chance to get our first W at Ashland.

Also excited at the possibility of playing for a third straight year in Bowling Green. Let's hope we get there.

If it happens it wouldnt be Belfry's first win AT Ashland.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Excited to get a chance to get our first W at Ashland.

We won at Ashland when I played back in the 80s the first game I played in my freshman year.
Highlands vs. Elder
Franklin co vs anderson co
Breathitt @ Somerset-- Whitley Co. @ Somerset -- Perry Central @ Somerset-- Southwestern @ Somerset All these games should be very Good Games. Heck throw in Hazard and Danville, Lex. Christian and what a year. Can't waite.
Pages: 1 2 3