Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 Region Rankings (up to Christmas)
D1Recruiter Wrote:I just looked at the schedules and thought Perry played a little bit harder schedule and they still held there opponents to a pretty low percentage. Just an opinion.

Ok, did a little bit of research on opponent's win percentage and I can give you that. Perry's opponent win percentage is 58, Knott is just under 52. Perry has played one more home game than Knott, but Knott has played one more game overall as well. So but just a little bit, I'll give Perry the tougher schedule. If it weren't for these games KCC is currently playing in Lexington though, PCC would have by far a tougher schedule.

I value your opinion as well, I just like to push for facts to drive arguments. Since yours does have validity behind it, I can accept it, so don't take me personally.:Thumbs:

Can anyone definitively confirm a score for the PCC/Wilson Central game?
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Ok, did a little bit of research on opponent's win percentage and I can give you that. Perry's opponent win percentage is 58, Knott is just under 52. Perry has played one more home game than Knott, but Knott has played one more game overall as well. So but just a little bit, I'll give Perry the tougher schedule. If it weren't for these games KCC is currently playing in Lexington though, PCC would have by far a tougher schedule.

I value your opinion as well, I just like to push for facts to drive arguments. Since yours does have validity behind it, I can accept it, so don't take me personally.:Thumbs:

I posted yesterday that wilson central won 65-59.
UkFan23 Wrote:I posted yesterday that wilson central won 65-59.

Yeah I just found that, you should start a thread with that score. People have asked me and I keep referring them to BGR and they say there isn't a thread. Do you know any stats or were you there?
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:BasketballFan10 it is obvious that you either play for Powell County or are a family member of a Powell County player, because no offense to Powell County, but they are not ANYWHERE NEAR the top 6 or 7 in this region. They have a decent little squad, but NO dominate big man and really really struggle at the Point Guard position. Marcum can get hot and shoot with anyone in the Region, but they just are not near Knott, Perry, Breathitt, Letcher, Buckhorn, or Hazard. Those 6 are the class of the Region with Knott, Perry, and Letcher being my top 3! Good luck to everyone in the 14th!

Actually I am neither a player of family member but I do go to a lot of games. An Powell does struggle a little at the pt guard position but NO dominate big man is wrong. The Dennis kid is a solid 6'6" almost 6'7" an is averaging just under 16pts an 11rebs a game. Dbl dbl's is every game but 2 an just ask Barbourville, lee an estill if he can't dominate a game. But Powell plays Wolfe twice, breathitt twice, hazard, an kcc do I guess we'll see how they matchup. But ur right pcc an kcc are in a league of their own right now
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Ok, did a little bit of research on opponent's win percentage and I can give you that. Perry's opponent win percentage is 58, Knott is just under 52. Perry has played one more home game than Knott, but Knott has played one more game overall as well. So but just a little bit, I'll give Perry the tougher schedule. If it weren't for these games KCC is currently playing in Lexington though, PCC would have by far a tougher schedule.

^Very good!!! I think everyone is correct by putting KCC #1 at this point in the season. PCC has played the better schedule but that doesnt help the wins and loss record. KCC is the BEST team in the region right now, I really dont think anyone can debate that!!!! I do think PCC is easily 2nd at this point though. Buckhorn doesnt look as ungry as last yr and BC can beat anyone on a given night. Should be a fun next 2 months!!!
ballstar Wrote:^Very good!!! I think everyone is correct by putting KCC #1 at this point in the season. PCC has played the better schedule but that doesnt help the wins and loss record. KCC is the BEST team in the region right now, I really dont think anyone can debate that!!!! I do think PCC is easily 2nd at this point though. Buckhorn doesnt look as ungry as last yr and BC can beat anyone on a given night. Should be a fun next 2 months!!!

Well, im ya huckleberry. Perry is the defending champs, they have the best player in the region hands down, but most of all they are still learning to play with jaysean. By the time the tourney rolls around Knott wont be within 15 of Perry, baring injuries or something.
Ballers Wrote:Umm?? Am I missing something??
Wolfe beat Breathitt.. Breathitt beat Buckhorn?
Letcher has played NOONE yet..
How is Wolfe not in the top 5?

Letcher did beat Breathitt. We will later be able to measure them later on in the season as they play Perry, Hazard,Buckhorn, and Knott Central(twice). Hazard has had vaginitis when it comes to playing Perry Central and PCC has vaginitis when it comes to playing Buckhorn. Knott and Breathitt does a good job of playing all the top region teams as would Buckhorn if allowed by the dictatorship.
basketballfan10 Wrote:Actually I am neither a player of family member but I do go to a lot of games. An Powell does struggle a little at the pt guard position but NO dominate big man is wrong. The Dennis kid is a solid 6'6" almost 6'7" an is averaging just under 16pts an 11rebs a game. Dbl dbl's is every game but 2 an just ask Barbourville, lee an estill if he can't dominate a game. But Powell plays Wolfe twice, breathitt twice, hazard, an kcc do I guess we'll see how they matchup. But ur right pcc an kcc are in a league of their own right now

Maybe it's an optical illusion on my part, but from the bleacher view Dennis doesn't look to be but about 6'3 or maybe 6'4 to me.
I do know that in high school most player's heights are stretched just a little, not saying that his is. Maybe if I saw him from a floor view he would look taller.
A college recruiter is much more likely to come watch a 6'6/6'7 center than they are one that is 6'3/6'4.
For those who use the argument that PCC needs time to come together as a team, I can mildly accept that. I know that Paige hadn't been with the team until his eligibility ruling, but have there been any others who are virtual newcomers to Perry? Knott has 3 players who play significant minutes (Cornett, Justice, Christon) and weren't on this team last year, 2 of which are starting, so to say they are clicking on all cylinders as a team may or may not be totally accurate. They are molding new players into the fold as well, just as PCC is, also including their best player in Justice. For those who say Beverly is having to take a backseat is also an issue, well so is Davis. I know some people argue he's a big man, but he's a guard. Last season, he was this team's best player and PG. Now Justice holds both those honors and I'm sure it's an adjustment for the senior who has put alot into this team. Even though IMO he has had his best season so far with a combination of being healthy and some responsibility shifted elsewhere.

So, to say PCC will get exponentially better between now and tourney time may or may not be correct. But with what reasoning is used, there is no reason to think that KCC can't become better as a team after they play a few more games together. And yes, I know they've practiced together, but game play and practice are different.

Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Maybe it's an optical illusion on my part, but from the bleacher view Dennis doesn't look to be but about 6'3 or maybe 6'4 to me.
I do know that in high school most player's heights are stretched just a little, not saying that his is. Maybe if I saw him from a floor view he would look taller.
A college recruiter is much more likely to come watch a 6'6/6'7 center than they are one that is 6'3/6'4.

Nope u must b blind then lol jk. He is a legit 6'6" at least. He towers over most ppl he has played against. He was a good 3-4 inches taller than Allen at owsley when they played. their offense is being run inside out now an he is responding an the guards are knocking down shots as well. They'll b ready come district an hopefully region
basketballfan10 Wrote:Nope u must b blind then lol jk. He is a legit 6'6" at least. He towers over most ppl he has played against. He was a good 3-4 inches taller than Allen at owsley when they played. their offense is being run inside out now an he is responding an the guards are knocking down shots as well. They'll b ready come district an hopefully region
Oh there's no doubt they're the best team in the district right now. They've proven it so far with wins at Owsley, Lee and at home aginst Estill. 3-0 with 3 to go. Only tough district game they have left is Estill.