Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 Region Rankings (up to Christmas)
Just an opinion from what I have seen lately! What do you think?

1. Knott (best offense in region, Justice is the man)
2. Perry (best defense in region, Paige is still adjusting)

Big space between next group

3. Letcher (have a good group that works hard)
4. Breathitt (actually think they are 3, but Letcher won in overtime)
5. Buckhorn (Need to press more and make free throws) Should win "All A"
6. Wolfe (Denniston is the real deal, he can score with anyone)
7. Hazard (there sophomore group works hard and is improving every game)
8. Leslie (Asher is tough inside)
9. Powell (good group that works hard and shoots the 3 ball)
10. Estill (Moving up after each game)
11. Lee (live by 3, die by 3)
12. Cordia (good young team, definitely room for improvement)
13. Owsley (When all their kids are healthy)
14. Jackson City
15. Jenkins
16. Riverside
This list looks dead on. Good post!!
D1Recruiter Wrote:Just an opinion from what I have seen lately! What do you think?

14. Jackson City
15. Jenkins
16. Riverside

I agree with your rankings but I don't know about the huge difference because KCC and PCC haven't played Letcher or Breathitt or Buckhorn so it kind of hard judge because your just going by paper. It is a good possibilty that PCC or KCC will win the region but I think it will be alot closer than what people think. They are 5 teams that have a chane to win this region.
Aslan Wrote:Your list is dead on if you switch 1 and 2.

I know, I know...just couldn't put them at 1, RIGHT NOW! Smile :Thumbs: Maybe after Christmas, we will see...
Right Now:

1) Knott Central

2) Perry Central

3) Breathitt County

4) Buckhorn

5) Letcher Central

6) Wolfe County

7) Hazard

8) Leslie County

9) Powell County

10) Estill County

11) Lee County

12) Corida

13) Owsley County

14) Jackson City

15) Jenkins

16) Riverside
Hard to have LCC below Breathitt considering they beat them a week ago.
I kno alot of u haven't seen Powell play yet but they will surprise u when they do. If there team comes focused an ready to play they can play with almost anyone. They have proved that to me there last couple games.
BasketballFan10 it is obvious that you either play for Powell County or are a family member of a Powell County player, because no offense to Powell County, but they are not ANYWHERE NEAR the top 6 or 7 in this region. They have a decent little squad, but NO dominate big man and really really struggle at the Point Guard position. Marcum can get hot and shoot with anyone in the Region, but they just are not near Knott, Perry, Breathitt, Letcher, Buckhorn, or Hazard. Those 6 are the class of the Region with Knott, Perry, and Letcher being my top 3! Good luck to everyone in the 14th!
Aslan Wrote:Your list is dead on if you switch 1 and 2.

Why switch? I like it.
Aslan Wrote:I don't care what you like.

Back at you GRYFFINDOR
D1Recruiter Wrote:Just an opinion from what I have seen lately! What do you think?

14. Jackson City
15. Jenkins
16. Riverside

How do you get Perry is the top defense in the 14th? They allow on average just over 52 ppg, which is good...but KCC is at just over 45 ppg.

Offensively KCC averages just over 71, PCC averages just over 62. Looks like KCC has them in both categories.
Quote:How do you get Perry is the top defense in the 14th? They allow on average just over 52 ppg, which is good...but KCC is at just over 45 ppg.

Offensively KCC averages just over 71, PCC averages just over 62. Looks like KCC has them in both categories.

ehhh......
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:BasketballFan10 it is obvious that you either play for Powell County or are a family member of a Powell County player, because no offense to Powell County, but they are not ANYWHERE NEAR the top 6 or 7 in this region. They have a decent little squad, but NO dominate big man and really really struggle at the Point Guard position. Marcum can get hot and shoot with anyone in the Region, but they just are not near Knott, Perry, Breathitt, Letcher, Buckhorn, or Hazard. Those 6 are the class of the Region with Knott, Perry, and Letcher being my top 3! Good luck to everyone in the 14th!

I disagree with you with what I have bolded. You're very correct when you state that Powell is nowhere near the class of Perry Central and Knott Central. But I believe Powell is not very far off from the other 4 you mentioned. If Powell played Breathitt, Letcher Central, Buckhorn, or Hazard I think they would be a slight underdog, but they could still win. They would have to be in top form, but they could do it. However, against Perry and Knott---no chance! Those two are in a league of their own in the region this year imo.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I disagree with you with what I have bolded. You're very correct when you state that Powell is nowhere near the class of Perry Central and Knott Central. But I believe Powell is not very far off from the other 4 you mentioned. If Powell played Breathitt, Letcher Central, Buckhorn, or Hazard I think they would be a slight underdog, but they could still win. They would have to be in top form, but they could do it. However, against Perry and Knott---no chance! Those two are in a league of their own in the region this year imo.

I really doubt Powell would beat Breathitt @ Breathitt, that's a hard place to go and win because the ref's are horrible and Breathitt always plays tough on there home court. Now they could possibly beat breathitt at Powell County but not at Breathitt and they play Breathitt home and home this year with the first meeting being over in Stanton. Letcher Central would be a toss up, it's like Breathitt, if it's at Powell then Powell would have a good shot at winning but if it's at Letcher then Letcher would win. Powell shouldn't have a problem with Hazard, Hazard is down from past years.

But none of this really doesn't matter I don't guess because anyone can beat anyone on any given night. I've seen it happen before
Who cares, it's December!!!!!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Who cares, it's December!!!!!
Okay. While we're at it let's send word to ESPN and the AP not to have their college basketball polls, since it's only December and it doesn't matter.
Exactly...it don't matter who is #1 or 16.....most teams have not played over 6-7 games...let's go ahead and award the state title based on that
^
Cordia wont be in mix, december or february so dont say it dont matter because your team sucks
1.KCC
2.PCC
4.Breathitt
3.Buckhorn
5.LCC
ekff Wrote:Right Now:

1) Knott Central

2) Perry Central

3) Breathitt County

4) Buckhorn

5) Letcher Central

6) Wolfe County

7) Hazard

8) Leslie County

9) Powell County

10) Estill County

11) Lee County

12) Corida

13) Owsley County

14) Jackson City

15) Jenkins

16) Riverside

Good list, I would switch Hazard and Wolfe.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Exactly...it don't matter who is #1 or 16.....most teams have not played over 6-7 games...let's go ahead and award the state title based on that
I agree that rankings are meaningless as far as who wins the trophies at the end of the season, but we have them for the purpose of discussion and debate, such as what's occuring in this thread. That discussion begins in pre-season and continues right up to March.
1A Perry County Central
1B Knott County Central

I've seen Perry play, but not Knott. Perry lost to Scott County, which was nothing to be ashamed of. I don't know how Knott would fare against Scott County if they were to play, but I would guess they would have as much trouble with Scott's length and athleticism as Perry did.

But the way Knott is playing down in the Bluegrass right now could mean they are number 1. Probably not very much difference in the two when all is said and done.

3 Letcher Central
4 Breathitt County
5 Buckhorn
6 Hazard
7 Wolfe County
8 Powell County
9 Leslie County
10 Estill County
Umm?? Am I missing something??
Wolfe beat Breathitt.. Breathitt beat Buckhorn?
Letcher has played NOONE yet..
How is Wolfe not in the top 5?
1. Knott
2. Perry
3. Wolfe
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Hazard
8. Leslie
9. Powell
10. Estill
11. Lee
12. Cordia
13. Owsley
14. Jackson City
15. Jenkins
16. Riverside

I honestly think PCC is better then KCC at the time.. But KCC is undefeated so I will give them the nod right now. Things will change soon and we will get a better idea whose at the top of the mountain in early Feb when they meet.
Ballers Wrote:Umm?? Am I missing something??
Wolfe beat Breathitt.. Breathitt beat Buckhorn?
Letcher has played NOONE yet..
How is Wolfe not in the top 5?

Wolfe also beat Lee by 3 and Estill by 2, while Hazard beat those same two teams by 28 and 17, respectively. And Letcher's only instate loss has been a 3 point loss at East Ridge (they had a couple of close losses in a Florida tournament). Wolfe also lost by 7 to Buckhorn.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Wolfe also beat Lee by 3 and Estill by 2, while Hazard beat those same two teams by 28 and 17, respectively. And Letcher's only instate loss has been a 3 point loss at East Ridge (they had a couple of close losses in a Florida tournament). Wolfe also lost by 7 to Buckhorn.

Ok that makes a little more sense then.
But - a win is a win so Smile
Knott, PCC, Breathitt, and Buckhorn seem to be ahead of all the other teams at this point in the season but there is still alot of season yet to be played
Stlcardsfan Wrote:How do you get Perry is the top defense in the 14th? They allow on average just over 52 ppg, which is good...but KCC is at just over 45 ppg.

I just looked at the schedules and thought Perry played a little bit harder schedule and they still held there opponents to a pretty low percentage. Just an opinion.