Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 71 Johnson Central 61
jammin' jamey Wrote:Those who live in the basements of their Mother's glass houses pleased keep your comments to yourself when it comes to the young broadcasters. At least they have the nerve to try and learn the profession and put themselves out there. More than I can say for those hiding behind screen names on BGR. I personally didn't hear the broadcast, but it irks me to sit on this site and read this kind of garbage.

Jamey Johnson
East Kentucky Broadcasting

You dont have to read it.
The kids tried hard....
and if I was asked to do that in high school with no supervision that's exactly what would have happened.

I'm sure as the year goes on they will realize how to be professionals about it.
But honestly....
we had 2 kids talking into a microphone and 20+ playing for their respective teams out on the floor and these kids could be into things that are a lot worse.

Let's just try to encourage them as much as possible Smile
jammin' jamey Wrote:Those who live in the basements of their Mother's glass houses pleased keep your comments to yourself when it comes to the young broadcasters. At least they have the nerve to try and learn the profession and put themselves out there. More than I can say for those hiding behind screen names on BGR. I personally didn't hear the broadcast, but it irks me to sit on this site and read this kind of garbage.

Jamey Johnson
East Kentucky Broadcasting
I don't exactly "hide behind a username" basically anyone that knows me personally knows who I am. I have personally posted links to broadcasts I have done and other projects I have made and sent them to other users for their take and criticisms.

I may have gone a little over-board on my initial comments, but I feel I have since tempered them and said that it will improve as the year progresses. I have interests in the broadcasting profession, but the comments of the people on BGR should not deter anyone from continuing to pursuit whatever they would like to do. While I value the opinion of some on this board, ultimately, you've got to realize that those opinions sometimes do not mean much. But, that does not mean that members of this site cannot have and state those opinions. As long as you attack the broadcast and not the individual, IMO, you should be in the clear.

So, if you'd like, I don't mind inviting you to "The basement of my mother's glass house", that I am sure pales in comparison to your humble abode, to go over those and critique them.

:biggrin:
:popcorn:
ballstar Wrote:You dont have to read it.

The only reason I did read it was because a parent called me and asked me to edit some post in this thread. It's pretty bad when that happens.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I don't exactly "hide behind a username" basically anyone that knows me personally knows who I am. I have personally posted links to broadcasts I have done and other projects I have made and sent them to other users for their take and criticisms.

I may have gone a little over-board on my initial comments, but I feel I have since tempered them and said that it will improve as the year progresses. I have interests in the broadcasting profession, but the comments of the people on BGR should not deter anyone from continuing to pursuit whatever they would like to do. While I value the opinion of some on this board, ultimately, you've got to realize that those opinions sometimes do not mean much. But, that does not mean that members of this site cannot have and state those opinions. As long as you attack the broadcast and not the individual, IMO, you should be in the clear.

So, if you'd like, I don't mind inviting you to "The basement of my mother's glass house", that I am sure pales in comparison to your humble abode, to go over those and critique them.

:biggrin:

Humble abode? You've obviously not seen my office :lmao:
I couldn't watch this link, anybody got another link?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
That dunk was awesome.
Nice dunk... quick T.
Definitely a great dunk! Very questionable T, from but of course the worst official in the state of Kentucky, Mike Hall. Absolutely terrible call, can kids not even have one bit of emotion anymore? It wasn't like the kid was popping his shirt or pointing at someone, he was excited over a great play and that was it, this was just about as bad as the kid going into the endzone and he points to the sky thanking God, and the official calls a penalty and costs them the state championship, just absurd! Give these kids a break.
Thanks for all the posts on here about the students doing the broadcasting! Praise or criticisms. I tell them that when they are working these games, the are under a microscope. Not only do I evaluate them, but very viewer/listener evaluating them! I also told them the reason I have the job I do is because my boss told me I had the face to be BEHIND the camera! Lol
I have worked the public address for a few basketball games at JC, and try to be as professional as I can, but when the students I teach and love are out there giving their blood and sweat on the court, I get a little carried away. Even criticized a few years ago when I called a JC / Paintsville game. I learned my lesson, and moved on. That is what I tell my students to do.
Oh yeah, the dunk was the best I have seen in HS basketball!:Thumbs:
To the JCHS IHIGHTV poster on here. I gotta say good job. God only knows what I would say if they had put me behind a mic in high school.
IHIGH JCTV Wrote:Thanks for all the posts on here about the students doing the broadcasting! Praise or criticisms. I tell them that when they are working these games, the are under a microscope. Not only do I evaluate them, but very viewer/listener evaluating them! I also told them the reason I have the job I do is because my boss told me I had the face to be BEHIND the camera! Lol
I have worked the public address for a few basketball games at JC, and try to be as professional as I can, but when the students I teach and love are out there giving their blood and sweat on the court, I get a little carried away. Even criticized a few years ago when I called a JC / Paintsville game. I learned my lesson, and moved on. That is what I tell my students to do.

Keep up the good work. I for one enjoy being able to get on the site and watch the games. I want copies of our two games this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I think Mike Hall had it in for the kid!!!! Almost every call on the kid came from him!!
What time is the dunk in the video?
Paige had been warned earlier in the game for celebrating. If you notice how coach Hatcher reacted to the call then it should be clear to those of you who think it was unwarranted. He immediately took the kid out of the game and never once disagreed to the official as he knew the call was likely coming as well.
OffTheHook Wrote:Keep up the good work. I for one enjoy being able to get on the site and watch the games. I want copies of our two games this season.

I'd say we may be able to work out a deal!! Lol Maybe a discount for a repeat customer!:biggrin: