Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats are 5-0, but they're not ready for Heels
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Thats a good post.

Is it possible that we'll lose to Carolina? Sure it is. Carolina has every right to be ranked number 1 at this time. Atleast UK and it fans has a chance to take that over in a couple of weeks.
I think in order for us to win this game, we are going to have a Jodie Meeks type performance from one player. Its what will set us apart from Carolina, cause believe me when i say Carolina will get there points in that game and will play with tremendous chemistry that we wont see until then.
IMO that one player has to be Jones or Davis. We dont have a dominate big man. We play a former wingman inside and im not sure he's ready for the play of Zeller and or Henson. Either way its going to be a breakout or shut down game for the Davis kid. The other most important thing we have to improve on is our PG play. Teague is no where near the level that Wall and Knight were at this time and turns the ball over way to much. I hope Lamb takes games over when Teague is struggling, but dont worry, he'll get his act together.
It takes time, and were getting there......lets just hope we get it all together by the NC game.

40-0, the only thing that matters.
Couldn't agree more. This team has so much balance with all this talent, it's hard to double one player. You don't know where the scoring is going to come from, but you know it's coming. Teague by the end of the year, will be a top 3 PG in the land, if not the best. Just wait. 40-0.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any ideas on starting lineups or matchups?
Teague/Marshall
Lamb(Miller)/Irrelevant 2 guard
Gilchrist(Miller)/Barnes. With these two guys fresh, Barnes will not go off against us.
Jones/Zeller
Davis/Henson
Where Jones does much posting up, Henson could be the one guarding him.
Stardust Wrote:^ They have looked more cosistent because of experience. I've said all along that UK has the best talent. But its games like this, early in the season, that will give the Cats troubles due to the lack of time together in games like this when these young men have not played that long together. I'm not saying the Cats can't win this game, but if I was putting money on it, hmmm - I'd probably go the way of experience over talent. In March, my opinion will relate back to how the Cats handle this game.

UNC has been more consistent, but they've not shown flashes of greatness like we have. These flashes of greatest will be more consistent as the year goes on.
^^^I agree, with everything except going 40-0 and Barnes not going off on us. I think he will, because he's the best player in the country and he gets his points and rebounds every game.
He'll have a good game and you're right, he's going to get his points. But when I say go off, I mean him going for 30+, having a career day. That's not going to happen with Miller and MKG alternating guarding him.
Aslan Wrote:He'll have a good game and you're right, he's going to get his points. But when I say go off, I mean him going for 30+, having a career day. That's not going to happen with Miller and MKG alternating guarding him.

Agreed.
Aslan Wrote:Couldn't agree more. This team has so much balance with all this talent, it's hard to double one player. You don't know where the scoring is going to come from, but you know it's coming. Teague by the end of the year, will be a top 3 PG in the land, if not the best. Just wait. 40-0.

Teague/Marshall
Lamb(Miller)/Irrelevant 2 guard
Gilchrist(Miller)/Barnes. With these two guys fresh, Barnes will not go off against us.
Jones/Zeller
Davis/Henson
Where Jones does much posting up, Henson could be the one guarding him.

UNC has been more consistent, but they've not shown flashes of greatness like we have. These flashes of greatest will be more consistent as the year goes on.

I couldnt agree more.
Ho good is marshall? Can he shut down Teague, or make him turn the ball over a lot? Hows his defense?
At the moment, he's the best PG in the country.

And I have no idea how you all think that Gilchrist, a freshman, is going to shut down the best player in the country...he's a hell of a defender, but that takes ALOT.
^
Because i would say at this point, he's already the best defender in the country.

And its not impossible, UNLV shut down Barnes all night tonight with no names.
Because i would say at this point, he's already the best defender in the country.

Based on what?

I know it's not, but Barnes will be ready. I'm just trying to keep you all realistic...and Barnes was UNC's leading scorer, by the way.
Aslan Wrote:Told y'all they're overrated...

Agreed.

How bout them Heels? UK really isn't ready for em huh? lol..
I think I like seeing them lose better than Duke...
MKG will shut down Barnes
lol...
Gilchrist/Miller, two defenders that are extremely athletic, and similar size to Barnes will slow him down. Them alternating, getting breathers, and remaining fresh on one great player is a luxury UK has that no other team does.
^
Be physical with Barnes and he slows down.
He's what i call "finesse" lol
He is somewhat finesse. He kind of has the Darius Miller syndrome. Barnes really has all the talent in the world, but he tends to disappear at times. A player with his size, skill, and athleticism should be putting up Durant type numbers IMO. Not saying he's not good, but he could be GREAT.
UNC wasn't ready for UNLV.... UK number 1 come Monday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Aslan Wrote:He is somewhat finesse. He kind of has the Darius Miller syndrome. Barnes really has all the talent in the world, but he tends to disappear at times. A player with his size, skill, and athleticism should be putting up Durant type numbers IMO. Not saying he's not good, but he could be GREAT.

That may be the greatest comparison ive ever heard....

Barnes is just like Miller, he could come up and light us up with 22 and 12 boards, or play 30 minutes and have 5 points 2 boards and 4 fouls.
Its the reason Miller isnt starting

Based on WHAT??????? Give me examples, because I have not seen it in the games played. What have you seen from the games played, because I have yet to see it!
^
Tell me another player in the country who has been as good as MKG has with defense and intensity?