Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Your Best High School Football Moment?
[quote author=Smokey link=topic=19853.msg193989#msg193989 date=1140674022]
or beating SC in double OT...that was great.  We were behind 14-0 at the half.  Tied it up right at the end of regulation.  Made some big plays in OT.  
Who knows....both games felt great.
[/quote]

Wasn't that when you ran the swinging gate at the end of the game to tie the score.  :clap:
Beating the Cardinals of Sheldon Clark my soph. year
[quote author=The Boz link=topic=19853.msg195463#msg195463 date=1140825040]
Who's some teams that were more than capable of winning it but fell just a game or 2 short from getting that chance?

2005 Belfry Pirates, got beat at Russell by a team that was equally as good.
If Belfry would have got by that one, would have been 3 in a row.

2005 Newport wildcats, Very good offense, played Russell to OT. Very good at the skill positions, alot of team speed.:Thumbs:
[/quote]

2005 leslie county eagles....Beat by sheldon clark in the regionals!
2001 beating Durrell White and Middlesboro AT Middlesboro in the second round of the playoffs being a 3 TD underdog then going to Fleming Neon and winning the Region Championship after Neon beat us earlier in the season.

PAINTSVILLE TIGERS 2001 Region 4 Champions
Eagles Wrote:2005 leslie county eagles....Beat by sheldon clark in the regionals!

No way. Had Sheldon Clark not beat Leslie County, Belfry most definatley would have. They were hands down better than everyone in the region last year. Leslie was a good team, but no where near the Pond Creek Nation. Leslie would had made it one game further no more.
Hardcore Wrote:When Sheldon CLark beat Leslie on count of a flag!>> :no:
I would have to agree. It was the best feeling I had ever had. I thought at half time it was over. We never came back and won a game when losing a the half.
19-6 Leslie winning. We come back and hold one the the states top offensive team scoreless. It was great.
:letsparty
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:No way. Had Sheldon Clark not beat Leslie County, Belfry most definatley would have. They were hands down better than everyone in the region last year. Leslie was a good team, but no where near the Pond Creek Nation. Leslie would had made it one game further no more.
Whats with raggin on Sc. I know that you are from Sc. I played with you so calm it down on the Sc boys.
How am I raggin on SC? The only thing that could be taken that way was where I said Belfry was the best team in the region last year hands down, and they were. They were top to bottom the best team in our region. That is no disrespect to SC. They had one of the schools better seasons ever. The season ranks right up there with the 1998 (regional championship), 1999 (undefeated regular season), & 2000 (regional runner-up to Rockcastle 6-7) teams. I am not being hard on the SC boys just calling them like I see them. Last year Belfry was the best team in the region with SC coming in just behind them. That is not raggin on them that is honesty.