Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln County @ Harlan County 11/11 Second Round Class 5A Playoffs
Harlen can name the score, the big question is will Halen keep their starters in or will they avoid injury and try to strengthen the bench?
I am looking forward to some more black bear football this friday, like Fan in Frankfort I wonder if the scores does get run up will the coaching staff throw some of the other boys in. I know JV and freshman have only lost 1 game each during the past two seasons would be nice to see some of them get action on a friday night.
Good luck to Harlan, always like to see those mountain schools doing well!!!
This game belongs to the Blackbears. 40-12. GO BLACKBEARS!!!
A question to any of the HC faithful or anyone who might know. What year did coach Larkey leave Laurel Co. for Rockcastle? Not a trivia question just would like to know.
Dragonsdad Wrote:A question to any of the HC faithful or anyone who might know. What year did coach Larkey leave Laurel Co. for Rockcastle? Not a trivia question just would like to know.

Not 100 percent, but I am pretty sure Coach left Laurel and came to Cawood as an assistant under Cullivan and left that post for the job at Rock.
There is a great article about Coach Larkey's career on John Henson's site. http://www.harlancountysports.com/
Dragonsdad Wrote:A question to any of the HC faithful or anyone who might know. What year did coach Larkey leave Laurel Co. for Rockcastle? Not a trivia question just would like to know.

He left Laurel County in 1978 and went to Rock in 1985.
Six year absence of being a Head Coach.
He coached at Laurel County and Cawood as an assistant coach between those years and track.
Two more days till we knock another team down!....Pa Pa Pa POW!!!!!...:redboxer:

Ready for some good football on Friday for sure!....:Thumbs:

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!! Confusedmallchee :football: :football: Confusedmallchee
One more Day!!!!...hooting and hollaring!!!!....getting things ready for the game!....got to have all the Lucky apparel laid out and ready for wear!...lol..:devilflam

Plus geering up for some tailgating too!...great times with awesome folks!Confusedinglepar

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!....:redboxer:
I hear the tailgating theme for the night will be Tex-Mex..
Hot food; hot game.
:devilflam

Go Black Bears!!!!!!!
Because of following my son and the Dragon's I've not gotten to see the Blackbear's play this year. I hope they keep going. I also hope my Friday night's continue to be tied up for awhile,LOL. GO GET'EM BLACKBEARS!!!
Harlan Co-42
Linoln Co-14
This is very probable to be the last game played here at Home in 2011. I see those Black Bear Seniors making the very best of it, leading the Black Bears to a very impressive Win! SMACK THE SNOT OUT OF 'EM!! GO BLACK BEARS AND GO GETTEM SENIORS!!!!! My thoughts Harlan County 45 Lincoln 7.
BB CLAW Wrote:This is very probable to be the last game played here at Home in 2011. I see those Black Bear Seniors making the very best of it, leading the Black Bears to a very impressive Win! SMACK THE SNOT OUT OF 'EM!! GO BLACK BEARS AND GO GETTEM SENIORS!!!!! My thoughts Harlan County 45 Lincoln 7.

I thought about that too BBClaw. It is quite possible that this game is the last one EVER on that field for an official high school game.

So go Black Bears!!!! Make the last game a victory to remember!!

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Let's go Bears!!!!! Stay Alive!! :Cheerlead
BB CLAW Wrote:This is very probable to be the last game played here at Home in 2011. I see those Black Bear Seniors making the very best of it, leading the Black Bears to a very impressive Win! SMACK THE SNOT OUT OF 'EM!! GO BLACK BEARS AND GO GETTEM SENIORS!!!!! My thoughts Harlan County 45 Lincoln 7.
The last high school game at Big Man Davis Stadium.
[IMG][/IMG]

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!...:blondeche :football: :football: :blondeche
ky_boy Wrote:The last high school game at Big Man Davis Stadium.

Whats a big man davis field... Who is big man davis. Is he one of the Harlan County Black Bears coachs ?????
SEKentucky Wrote:Whats a big man davis field... Who is big man davis. Is he one of the Harlan County Black Bears coachs ?????

Charles "Big Man" Davis was a football coach in Harlan County years ago. Someone else will have to tell you the schools and years that he coached but the field was named after him after he passed away.

Game Day!!!!!!

Wanting to see a victory on the last game on this field...

Go Black Bears!!!!!!!!!!!
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
In the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky.......I can hear it now.

Game Day Black Bears!!! The Filthy Animals will be nasty tonight and the Black Bears will take this one by 4 TD's!!! GO BEARS!!!

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

:football::football::football::football:
Davis is best known for coaching at Benham, which merged with Cumberland around 1963-1964. He also coached at Loyall, I think, and was the first coach at Cawood for two or three years.
^^
That sounds right...and yes he did coach at Loyall.

Thanks HDE!!

Go Black Bears!!!!!
Come on Bears....Beat Lincoln County! WE BELIEVE!!!!!!
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Go Bears!! Win big tonite!!