Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell County Lakers
21.62%
Rockcastle County Rockets
78.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30
rustyankle Wrote:who scores more points in a game?

Russell Co - 43.5 points per game
Rock. Co - 39.5 points per game
Russell County 261 100
Rockcastle County 237 43
points for and against
rustyankle Wrote:Russell County 261 100
Rockcastle County 237 43
points for and against

Everything you look at just goes to show that these two teams are very comparable. Russell Co has probably played a more consistent level of competition, where Rock has probably played the best opponent (PCC) of the two. With all games combined, the schedules are pretty even.
rustyankle Wrote:Everyone can talk bout Clark and other players but the reason the Rock is 6-0 is the Offensive line with the Lake boys and the Defensive ends play with the Twins . Bottom line these 4 kids have been playing lights out all year

I agree, Rockcastle's line is awesome and that is their strongest point. I've seen them play only once but was extremely impressed with their play.

Oh, how I wish my favorite high school team had Rockcastle's' line!
The Contrarian Wrote:I agree, Rockcastle's line is awesome and that is their strongest point. I've seen them play only once but was extremely impressed with their play.

Oh, how I wish my favorite high school team had Rockcastle's' line!

what team is that
rustyankle Wrote:what team is that

Sheldon Clark. As you probably know, they are 0 - 6; with Rockcastle's line they would be doing much better. I wouldn't say 6 - 0, but I think they would
have won more than they lost. They do have some skill players, but it takes eleven to be a winning team.

Hey, they might chalk up their first win Friday against Lawrence County, but we'll have to wait and see. I certainly would like to see them get a W.
The Contrarian Wrote:Sheldon Clark. As you probably know, they are 0 - 6; with Rockcastle's line they would be doing much better. I wouldn't say 6 - 0, but I think they would
have won more than they lost. They do have some skill players, but it takes eleven to be a winning team.

Hey, they might chalk up their first win Friday against Lawrence County, but we'll have to wait and see. I certainly would like to see them get a W.

I agree good line would do them well
rustyankle Wrote:who scores more points in a game?

I think that Russell County averages more than Rockcastle overall. But this game is a completely different ballgame with district finish up for grabs.

Perry Co. Central averaged exactly 40 points before the game against Rockcastle. That is the biggest thing that Rockcastle took out of that game I think. Perry is such a good team and Rock was able to hold them to 0. Who would have thought it? I, for one, surely didn't.

Who knows what will happen Friday?....We'll see. It could get ugly either way, but, I don't think so. I think it is like Rocksolid69 said, they will mirror each other and it will be a physical bust your mouth in the trenches sort of game which will end in the teens or possible twenties.
papagrit Wrote:I think that Russell County averages more than Rockcastle overall. But this game is a completely different ballgame with district finish up for grabs.

Perry Co. Central averaged exactly 40 points before the game against Rockcastle. That is the biggest thing that Rockcastle took out of that game I think. Perry is such a good team and Rock was able to hold them to 0. Who would have thought it? I, for one, surely didn't.

Who knows what will happen Friday?....We'll see. It could get ugly either way, but, I don't think so. I think it is like Rocksolid69 said, they will mirror each other and it will be a physical bust your mouth in the trenches sort of game which will end in the teens or possible twenties.

I do, but I'm under contract not to tell...........I apologize that it had to happen on your Homecoming though....................LOL:lmao:
laker20 Wrote:I do, but I'm under contract not to tell...........I apologize that it had to happen on your Homecoming though....................LOL:lmao:

:Shaking:Wellllllll.....at least you apologized.:thanks:Confusednicker:

BTW...here is something that I just found online. Not often Rockcastle sports get into the Lexington television market without going to a state championship or something. Enjoy.

http://www.lex18.com/news/dirty-animals-...le-county/
papagrit Wrote::Shaking:Wellllllll.....at least you apologized.:thanks:Confusednicker:

BTW...here is something that I just found online. Not often Rockcastle sports get into the Lexington television market without going to a state championship or something. Enjoy.

http://www.lex18.com/news/dirty-animals-...le-county/
Nice article. Hopefully this game will leave them something else worth writing about........Of course, I'd prefer that it be a bit more Laker focused.
Game Day!!!
papagrit tell Ben Happy Birthday for me:party2::letsparty
^Likewise, wouldn't a win be a nice birthday present!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Best wishes for a safe and hard fought game that makes better men of the players. I'm pulling for Rock but know they have a war to win to leave this one with a point more than the foe.

Safe travels and keep us posted.

Rock 15
Russell 14
lwc Wrote:^likewise, wouldn't a win be a nice birthday present!

Too, bad he'll have to settle for :Second: ........lol

J/K..hope he has a great B'day and tell him where looking forward to meeting the Dirty Animals.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:papagrit tell Ben Happy Birthday for me:party2::letsparty

LOL....how you all know these things...I don't know.:Shaking: Will do compadre. But, the next time I will actually talk to him will be after the game. At least he hopes so. Those during the game talks aren't much fun for him.:yikes:
Russell Co.-14

Rockcastle Co.-48