Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan 2011
Congrats to the Dragons for their 7on7 win at Betsy Layne over Sheldon Clark. Apparently they are for real. Offensively and defensively. Bianchi,Evans and Saragas are a true force to be reckoned with. Good luck in the season,except down at Pineville,Dragons.:Thumbs:
Not sure who Evans is unless you are talking about Allen the other WR.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Not sure who Evans is unless you are talking about Allen the other WR.
You are right Dragonsdad. I was thinking about someone else entirely. All three of them had good games tho.
Harlan High looked very impressive at the Betsy Layne passing tourney. I dont believe they were the most talented team there, but they sure looked sharp. You could really tell the team was an experienced group and well coached. They have the skill players to really make some plays this year.

The victory over Sheldon Clark was bogus, and I wished the refs would have let the kids decide in overtime, but generally speaking, they were toe to two with a 3A powerhouse in the championship game.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Harlan High looked very impressive at the Betsy Layne passing tourney. I dont believe they were the most talented team there, but they sure looked sharp. You could really tell the team was an experienced group and well coached. They have the skill players to really make some plays this year.

The victory over Sheldon Clark was bogus, and I wished the refs would have let the kids decide in overtime, but generally speaking, they were toe to two with a 3A powerhouse in the championship game.

I am not sure about Sheldon Clark being a 3A powerhouse in 2011; however, I do believe that they will do well. They lost sixteen or seventeen seniors from last year's team, but definitely have some returnees that are terrific athletes.

I most certainly hope that Sheldon Clark proves to be a powerhouse in the 2011 season. And, yes, I do believe if everything comes together, that just might happen.
Practice was good yesterday. The Dragons are pumped for the season to begin. It doesn't seem like there is enough time to get ready with the gridorama just 3 weeks away. If we could score 2 td's on Bell and hold them to 3 scores it would be a very successful showing. That might be too much to ask for but I have high expectations for this team. Go Big Green!!!
I would say that they will have an 8 win season this year. I like their defense more, and the teams stamina is better, so they will be able to play harder in the later parts of the game.
Well my take on the Black Bears of Harlan is that they will probably finish with a WHOPPING 0-10 RECORD!

That is of course unless they put the JV in, then Katie bar the doors.
Ballers Wrote:Well my take on the Black Bears of Harlan is that they will probably finish with a WHOPPING 0-10 RECORD!

[Image: http://s1.postimage.org/9bfxd3qib/untitled.png]
Ballers Wrote:Well my take on the Black Bears of Harlan is that they will probably finish with a WHOPPING 0-10 RECORD!

I think you are on the wrong thread,Ballers. This is the Harlan Ind. thread not the Harlan Co. Blackbears.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I think you are on the wrong thread,Ballers. This is the Harlan Ind. thread not the Harlan Co. Blackbears.

I didn't even notice. I feel like a fool now LOL.
Ballers Wrote:I didn't even notice. I feel like a fool now LOL.

Your comment did that for you, no matter which thread.
HDE Wrote:Your comment did that for you, no matter which thread.

Easy there. Don't hurt anyone with your 65 posts buddy.
Well Dragons I have been waiting on this day for about 4 years, go out and do what you are capable of and things will go ok. Take notice of what the boys from HC did to Corbin, and build on that, to let folks know that there is a lot of football players inside our borders.
Good luck to the Green Dragons and Coach J.B.Donahue. Congrats to Coach John Lutrell who will be making his first appearance as defensive coordinator for the Dragons. You all already make us proud,now go out and make us winners.