Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview at Russell High School 11/23
who all won?
way to go JC
idk which one is from coal grove, which one was he? tackett quit the day before the game with mason
Tackett quit because the Coach Hughes ripped his butt for shooting too many 3's in the Meet the Musketeer night. Thats a little harsh if you ask me. I thought that night belonged to the kids?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:idk which one is from coal grove, which one was he? tackett quit the day before the game with mason

#21 is the kid from Coal Grove.
SweetLemonade Wrote:who all won?
way to go JC

South Point
Lewis
Bracken
Mason
Johnson Central
Just as I predicted. :biggrin:
jakelegg Wrote:Tackett quit because the Coach Hughes ripped his butt for shooting too many 3's in the Meet the Musketeer night. Thats a little harsh if you ask me. I thought that night belonged to the kids?

If you can't take a rippin' you could never play for Bobby Knight... Trouble with many kids today is that they are too thin skinned...." Don't rip ME 'cause it's all about ME..." A good ripping isn't a negative, it is a learning experience... a time to grow.....:rockon:
Loon Wrote:If you can't take a rippin' you could never play for Bobby Knight... Trouble with many kids today is that they are too thin skinned...." Don't rip ME 'cause it's all about ME..." A good ripping isn't a negative, it is a learning experience... a time to grow.....:rockon:

I usually agree with you loon but were on different pages on this (which is okay). If it were practice and or a real game I would agree with you 100% but since this night is for the kids and kids alone I say the coach should just sit back and lettem play.

Who is the head coach at GC Nickel or Hughes? Looks like Nickel is just a figurehead and that Hughes is doing all the real coaching. Which may not be a bad thing.

Just how many kids have quit since Ocotober?
A point well made, Jake. A kid doesn't realize that one tends to set a pattern that they may carry for a lifetime. Be sure that you have good reason for quitting. But, a head coach not coming across as the one in charge, does nothing but muddy the water.

Maybe Greenup suffers from the "Obama Syndrome". Coaches promoted well beyond their effectiveness....
Oh, by the way Jake. Have a great Thanksgiving......

From the family of " LOONS "
I heard Tackett quit because he was told that gurards wouldn't see much playing time this year. the coaches decided to go with all "big men". He didn't want to waste his senior year.
jakelegg Wrote:Tackett quit because the Coach Hughes ripped his butt for shooting too many 3's in the Meet the Musketeer night. Thats a little harsh if you ask me. I thought that night belonged to the kids?

I don't think he would quit over being ripped by a coach. I'd say over the years he has been ripped a lot. Look at his past coaches. I was told though that the game plan for Meet the Musketters was to get the ball down low and inside. Sounds like he wasn't suppose to shoot at all.
LClion4life Wrote:South Point beat Fairview by nearly 30, Lewis beat Paintsville by 6, Bracken beat Raceland by 15, and Mason was up 32-23 over Greenup at half when we left.

Where did you hijack some of your information from? :lmao:
AshamedLCParent Wrote:Where did you hijack some of your information from? :lmao:

My eyes? I was there from the start of the Lewis game to halftime of the Greenup game.
I see Bracken won...how'd the Bears look?
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:I see Bracken won...how'd the Bears look?

Started off slow but wore Raceland down as the game went on. #44 Jefferson is tough. Seemed like he had about 30.
team player Wrote:I heard Tackett quit because he was told that gurards wouldn't see much playing time this year. the coaches decided to go with all "big men". He didn't want to waste his senior year.

so there idea is to play 3 forwards and 2 centers in the lineup? do they understand that every team that they must beat to win a championship are pressing teams? ashland russell lewis elliott ......... all are going to press the life out of that bunch.
if they stick to that way of thinking gc will beat the weak and mild but never reach the level to be district or regional champions. god must love stupid people.
jakelegg Wrote:so there idea is to play 3 forwards and 2 centers in the lineup? do they understand that every team that they must beat to win a championship are pressing teams? ashland russell lewis elliott ......... all are going to press the life out of that bunch.
if they stick to that way of thinking gc will beat the weak and mild but never reach the level to be district or regional champions. god must love stupid people.

b/c they're waiting on a real PG Confusedhh:
So were going to dump every other guard in the program and HOPE that Darius gets eligible? Lets just hope a third of a mile move is considered a legit change of address for the KHSAA Smile