Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far can P'burg go in 2A Playoffs??
oneijoe Wrote:Yeah, that makes perfect sense on the defensive side. Slone is more experienced and a surer tackler. That makes him better suited to reading the opposing QB and helping vs. the running game.

How do you see his role on the offensive side ?? Anything more than what we're seeing now ?

Thats up to Coach Derosett. Like someone else stated Anderson is a north/south runner, and he is very agile & speed to burn & an unknown to most. So while everyone is keying on Williams & Jamerson he will make you pay if & when given the opportunity. Same thing with our other receivers in Slone & Griffith both have great hands & are playmakers & will run you over. Hope to see alot of both tonight on senior night.
Pburg is one and out this year...write it down.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Pburg is one and out this year...write it down.

I could be wrong but i believe our 1st playoff game will be against Knott Co., so your saying they will beat us 1st game???
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I could be wrong but i believe our 1st playoff game will be against Knott Co., so your saying they will beat us 1st game???

If I were guessing, I'd say he thinks we lose in the 2nd round. He's probably a Middlesboro fan.

:zzz:
Here's hoping the coaching staff can make a difference after seeing the team's weakness vs. PCC.

IMO, the staff needs to put much less time into the offense and concentrate on the other side. The Blackcats were awful defending the run when PCC's offense ran out of the spread !!

:HitWall:
Offense is good enough to win it all. But good lord with our defense... they practice tackling more than offense since the Breathitt Co. fiasco, and they still wont tackle. You cant teach someone to enjoy hitting. They have it in them when they play as a team, but that seems to be hit and miss all year. LOW TACKLING AND WRAP UP... they do it and we'll be in Bowling Green
Good observation about Anderson. He is not a small as the program lists him though. Saw him walk off the field the other night and he is at least 5'10' about 165, plus he just turned 14 this past summer I think, so a lot of upside for him and the returners for next year.
After that PCC game I have my doubts about this team as a whole. No leadership whatsoever! Last year we had a lot of seniors step up and get into their teammates face about making mistakes. This season, I haven't seen that one time. These seniors or even juniors need to step up and become more vocal with their team. It takes a team to win games, not individuals. Plus we continue to make mistakes that we should have only made in early in the season, not this late in the season. We should making all of our tackles, lining up on-sides, not missing blocks, etc. It's easy stuff for us to overcome, but it seems like the little things are the ones that are killing us.

I'll end with this: If they play like they did Friday, we may not even get passed M'boro.
P-burg goes deep.
I would like to see Pburg make a run at the title..But im guessing Regional Championship game will be the end of the road for the Blackcats.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:After that PCC game I have my doubts about this team as a whole. No leadership whatsoever! Last year we had a lot of seniors step up and get into their teammates face about making mistakes. This season, I haven't seen that one time. These seniors or even juniors need to step up and become more vocal with their team. It takes a team to win games, not individuals. Plus we continue to make mistakes that we should have only made in early in the season, not this late in the season. We should making all of our tackles, lining up on-sides, not missing blocks, etc. It's easy stuff for us to overcome, but it seems like the little things are the ones that are killing us.

I'll end with this: If they play like they did Friday, we may not even get passed M'boro.

Yep. Agree with this...heck, I have been pleading the leadership issue all year. This group of Seniors is just not vocal. They are an asset to the program, and a great, great group of young men, but their personality types do not allow them to be a vocal, authoritative leader, i.e., a coach on the field. The most likely candidate for this role missed 3 weeks with a knee injury and is still gimpy. The juniors, to a certain extent, are exactly the same way. I said at the beginning of the year that this team was missing a fiery, in your face-type of player who could demand certain levels of play from his teammates during a game. We had it last year. But this group is just different...

The talent is there. The ability is there. Coaching is there. Consistency of execution is the killer here, and without someone in the huddle DEMANDING excellence every play, INconsistency may be the norm with this team.

I am hoping the loss to PCC woke them up a little. If so, the playoffs could be fun. If not, who knows...
cat86 Wrote:Yep. Agree with this...heck, I have been pleading the leadership issue all year. This group of Seniors is just not vocal. They are an asset to the program, and a great, great group of young men, but their personality types do not allow them to be a vocal, authoritative leader, i.e., a coach on the field. The most likely candidate for this role missed 3 weeks with a knee injury and is still gimpy. The juniors, to a certain extent, are exactly the same way. I said at the beginning of the year that this team was missing a fiery, in your face-type of player who could demand certain levels of play from his teammates during a game. We had it last year. But this group is just different...

The talent is there. The ability is there. Coaching is there. Consistency of execution is the killer here, and without someone in the huddle DEMANDING excellence every play, INconsistency may be the norm with this team.

I am hoping the loss to PCC woke them up a little. If so, the playoffs could be fun. If not, who knows...

You are 110% correct sir!!!