Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. 37 Perry Central 22
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Great job Whitley on another nice win.
If only Whitley could have stopped the pass to the flats, they could have dominated this one.
Sad to see Bramlett act like he did to get thrown out but when a kid is getting grabbed in certain places and punched from underneath young kids are going to do that no matter what. Great game plan by PCC on offense they just couldnt stop the running attack of Whitley.
I'm glad next week is not the playoffs because without our FB Bramlett our offense doesnt click. Atleast we wil.l have him back for the playoffs.
Thanks to the PCC fans as well, very classy bunch, goodluck the rest of the season and i hope you all knock off Pulaski in the first round.

Also, prayers go out to the Beatty gamily and i hope that young man recovers, that was a vicious blow he took and hes an excellent player, good luck.

We both know that stuff happens all the time and usual it's the guy who reacts to getting hit first is the one who gets caught. You got to keep your cool. After reacting the way he did though, he definitely deserved to be kicked from the game.
I'd like to see Perry get out of the spread and just start playing smashmouth football. It's fun to watch, but it's not been working these last 5 or so years. Were to finess to play against teams that will run it all night like our last three oppenents. Our program is in better shape than it used to be, but I'm tired of finishing 3rd or 4rd in district play.
Aslan Wrote:I'd like to see Perry get out of the spread and just start playing smashmouth football. It's fun to watch, but it's not been working these last 5 or so years. Were to finess to play against teams that will run it all night like our last three oppenents. Our program is in better shape than it used to be, but I'm tired of finishing 3rd or 4rd in district play.

You gonna make the trip to Pulaski County?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Aslan Wrote:I'd like to see Perry get out of the spread and just start playing smashmouth football. It's fun to watch, but it's not been working these last 5 or so years. Were to finess to play against teams that will run it all night like our last three oppenents. Our program is in better shape than it used to be, but I'm tired of finishing 3rd or 4rd in district play.

It worked in the 07-08 season, we were in the I almost all the time..I dont remember us running it out of shotgun much.
Aslan Wrote:We both know that stuff happens all the time and usual it's the guy who reacts to getting hit first is the one who gets caught. You got to keep your cool. After reacting the way he did though, he definitely deserved to be kicked from the game.

I agree 100%. Bramlett shouldnt have retaliated like he did because there wasnt one person in that place that didnt see him absoloutly whaling on that kid underneath him. He should have been kicked out of the game, but what makes it worse for this young man is now he wont get to play on his senior night, i know that he wishes he wouldnt have done it, but when your caught up in the game like that, stuff happens, and these are kids were talking about. Definitely a good game start to finish and for the most part a very clean game.
Stardust Wrote:What happened?

He sufferred a concussion and was taken to the hospital. Had to be helped off the field.
Maybe these PCC guys can keep us updated on his health.

Being finess on the offensive side of the ball has nothing to do with being finess on the defensive side of the ball. You guys have to remember this is Coach Haddix's first year at the helm and he has just began to implement his style of offense and defense to this young PCC team. Given time Coach Haddix will turn this program into a 5A contender and then no one, including you Aslan, will be complaining about what style of offense Coach Haddix is running.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree 100%. Bramlett shouldnt have retaliated like he did because there wasnt one person in that place that didnt see him absoloutly whaling on that kid underneath him. He should have been kicked out of the game, but what makes it worse for this young man is now he wont get to play on his senior night, i know that he wishes he wouldnt have done it, but when your caught up in the game like that, stuff happens, and these are kids were talking about. Definitely a good game start to finish and for the most part a very clean game.

I hate that for Bramlett...
And I agree, it was an entertaining game.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Being finess on the offensive side of the ball has nothing to do with being finess on the defensive side of the ball. You guys have to remember this is Coach Haddix's first year at the helm and he has just began to implement his style of offense and defense to this young PCC team. Given time Coach Haddix will turn this program into a 5A contender and then no one, including you Aslan, will be complaining about what style of offense Coach Haddix is running.

Hope your right.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He sufferred a concussion and was taken to the hospital. Had to be helped off the field.
Maybe these PCC guys can keep us updated on his health.

He says he's okay. He's a tough guy and though i highly advise him not, he'll probably be out on the field this friday. The boy is a soldier.
I know Perry Central has had a pretty good year BUT "THERE STILL IS NO DEFENSE IN PERRY COUNTY!" NEVER HAS BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN WILL THEY LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE??????????????????????????????????
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I know Perry Central has had a pretty good year BUT "THERE STILL IS NO DEFENSE IN PERRY COUNTY!" NEVER HAS BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN WILL THEY LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE??????????????????????????????????

injuries has caused the defense to go down through this year. its still improved since coach browne was here though.