Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th
HORNET POWER Wrote:NEWS FLASH........summer ball means NOTHING

NEWS FLASH....Then why even have it and tell that to the ones playing it.

Everyone knows it means nothing as far as regular season goes....BUT!

It does mean something. It means...improving your skills, building confidence and getting better!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Look for LC to make some noise. They will turn some heads this year.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Look for LC to make some noise. They will turn some heads this year.

You're right...I watched them play Ashland at Sheldon Clark yesterday and I wanted to turn my head. Got beat by 50...couldn't pass, dribble, rebound, defend, or shoot. Other than that...not bad.
HORNET POWER Wrote:NEWS FLASH........summer ball means NOTHING

Would that be because Paintsville beat your Hornets this summer.
t4p3r8 Wrote:Would that be because Paintsville beat your Hornets this summer.

Confusedhh:.....:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
HD28 Wrote:[/B]

You're right...I watched them play Ashland at Sheldon Clark yesterday and I wanted to turn my head. Got beat by 50...couldn't pass, dribble, rebound, defend, or shoot. Other than that...not bad.
Was that the first regular season game or a scrimmage?
A scrimmage. But it was BADDDDD.......
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Look for LC to make some noise. They will turn some heads this year.
sorry but LC will be 4th or 5th in the 57th them and JC will be a close matchup but they will not beat anyone else in the 57th.I do wish them luck but I call it how I see it.I think Sara E. will do a good job for LC just hope they play as hard as she will coach
:igiveup:
OffTheHook Wrote:NEWS FLASH....Then why even have it and tell that to the ones playing it.

Everyone knows it means nothing as far as regular season goes....BUT!

It does mean something. It means...improving your skills, building confidence and getting better!

All it does is give some coaches a chance to see some of what they got.A lot of times they don't even have all their players and most coaches are trying some new stuff to see if they think they may want to use it during the season.To be a coach and base your upcoming season on how you played or your opponents during summer ball would be ridiculous
t4p3r8 Wrote:Would that be because Paintsville beat your Hornets this summer.

didn't even know they played summer ball,if they did it would be the first time in school history i believe
HORNET POWER Wrote:All it does is give some coaches a chance to see some of what they got.A lot of times they don't even have all their players and most coaches are trying some new stuff to see if they think they may want to use it during the season.To be a coach and base your upcoming season on how you played or your opponents during summer ball would be ridiculous

NO coach bases thier season on summer ball. Summer ball is a building season for teams. Extra reps and experience.
BUT, it does give a kid confidence when he faces a team that he may have beaten or played close with in the summer. Wether they have all thier players or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
HORNET POWER Wrote:didn't even know they played summer ball,if they did it would be the first time in school history i believe

Wow, got to watch Paintsville win a historical game during the summer even though it meant nothing.
How would everyone say that this looks now after a couple games??
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sheldon Clark, Magoffin Co. and Paintsville are the TOP three teams in the Region. And what sucks is that one of them will not make the Regional Tourney!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Sheldon Clark, Magoffin Co. and Paintsville are the TOP three teams in the Region. And what sucks is that one of them will not make the Regional Tourney!

I picked Paintsville to be the darkhorse team in the 15th at the start of the season, but the way that Magoffin CO. has been playing they may just be the team to beat, with some of the wins that they have they are obviously very good. So I'm going with Magoffin to win the 15th as of now but they are alot of basketball to play so we will see, it may change next weel.LOLConfusedhh:
1)Sheldon Clark
2)magoffin
3)paintsville
1. Magoffin County
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Belfry
4. Paintsville
Does anyone have a list of the games that will be played at Belfry High School this week? I know they have a combination of Girls and Boys games.
Jan. 7th Magoffin Co. plays at Sheldon Clark. This game could be a major factor in the 57th district seeding!
1. Magoffin County
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Paintsville
4. Pikeville