Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1 -Sheldon Clark
2 -Belfry
3 -Betsy Layne
4 -Shelby Valley
5 -Paintsville
6 -Pike Central

Thoughts?
Skyhawk Wrote:1 -Sheldon Clark
2 -Belfry
3 -Betsy Layne
4 -Shelby Valley
5 -Paintsville
6 -Pike Central

Thoughts?

Looks goof to me! I am excited for all of the basketball seasons to get started!!!
Has Prestonsburg got anything this year?
1. Sheldon Clark
2. Belfry
3. Shelby Valley
4. Paintsville
5.Johnson Central
6.East Ridge
7. L.C.
8. Betsy Layne
9.South Floyd
10.Magoffin Co.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Looks goof to me! I am excited for all of the basketball seasons to get started!!!

Sorry did not mean to say goof. "Good" list.
ballcrazy Wrote:1. Sheldon Clark
2. Belfry
3. Shelby Valley
4. Paintsville
5.Johnson Central
6.East Ridge
7. L.C.
8. Betsy Layne
9.South Floyd
10.Magoffin Co.

the top looks preety good but I think they are some distance between SC and Belfry and the rest of the region I see Magoffin up to about 4th or 5th they have a young team and a very good coach in pup miller
1 Sheldon Clark 2 Belfry 3 Shelby Vally 4 Magoffin 5 Paintsville 6 East ridge 7 Betsy Lane 8 Johnson Central 9 LC 10 South Floyd
Sheldon Clark should be far better then anyone but they have a history of underachieving. I so not believe that Belfry is that much better then other teams in the district. They played hard but they were also lucky last year as this region was weak. Beware of Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley.
1. sheldon clark
2.belfry
3.paintsville
4.east ridge[ did not lose anyone]
5.besty layne
6.magoffin co.
7.south floyd
8.south floyd
9.johnson central
10.shelby valley
1. Belfry
2.S.C
3.Valley
4.Magoffin
5.East Ridge
6.Paintsville
7.Pike Central
8.Jc
9.B.L
10.LC

Just a thought??
tubby lover i dont like your list.
valley should be ALOT higher.
Has anyone seen the preseason rankings from the Cats Pause?
Tubby Lover Wrote:1. sheldon clark
2.belfry
3.paintsville
5.besty layne
6.magoffin co.
7.south floyd
8.south floyd
9.johnson central
10.shelby valley

I like this list. A lot of people are under estimating Paintsville this year. They only lost one senior who was out most of the season and they are Junior heavy this year. Should be an exciting season in the 15th.
I don't know you can't give Belfry love, or especially say we were lucky. As far as Region play goes, you name 'em we took 'em. With the exception of Sheldon Clark, who beat us first game of the year by 5, largely due to a technical foul call.

I wouldn't say the region was weak at all, Central and SC were very tough. Belfry didn't really get it handed to them in the Sweet 16 by the eventual runner up and at one point came within a few points of them.

Belfry brings back the best player in the Region (we'll debate it if you want) in JJ Bevins, and an absolutely solid group of players headed by seniors Alexis Howard and Amy McCoy. The only thing the Pirates lose is Meghan Staten (7ppg, 7rpg). Belfry and Sheldon Clark have to be the favorites at this point.
Sheldon Clark will be the team to beat, Should be fun to watch
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry brings back the best player in the Region (we'll debate it if you want) in JJ Bevins, and an absolutely solid group of players headed by seniors Alexis Howard and Amy McCoy. The only thing the Pirates lose is Meghan Staten (7ppg, 7rpg). Belfry and Sheldon Clark have to be the favorites at this point.
I find it interesting that only Belfry fans say that JJ Bevins is better than Carla Booth everybody else has Carla Booth as the best player.I have watched both play and it is easy to see that Booth is clearly the best in the region. Booth handles the ball better has more dimes more rebounds more steals better D and alot better team player.JJ is the best Belfry has and she is a good player but I have to agree with everyone that don't live or go to school at Belfry in that Booth is clearly better.:flame:
Magoffin can be good if Pup can kkep it under control on the sidelines (not likely). id say #1 and #1A are Sheldon Clark and Belfry.
TopDog Wrote:I find it interesting that only Belfry fans say that JJ Bevins is better than Carla Booth everybody else has Carla Booth as the best player.I have watched both play and it is easy to see that Booth is clearly the best in the region. Booth handles the ball better has more dimes more rebounds more steals better D and alot better team player.JJ is the best Belfry has and she is a good player but I have to agree with everyone that don't live or go to school at Belfry in that Booth is clearly better.:flame:

JJ is also 5'5 and 110 pounds. She can slash to the rim and flat out stroke and is usually one of the smallest girls on the court. As far as team player, players win game, teams win championships. Regional Championships, like the one we won last year.. obviously she didn't do it alone.
BigBlueNation3 Wrote:1. Belfry
2.S.C
3.Valley
4.Magoffin
5.East Ridge
6.Paintsville
7.Pike Central
8.Jc
9.B.L
10.LC

Just a thought??

I like this one, interesting you put Belfry over SC, I think it will be a toss up for number 1!

However I like to see LC over JC and BL
I'll say
SC
Paintsville( sleeper)
Belfry
BL
ER
SV
MC
JC
PC
LC
It is a toss up with my bottom seven, but the top three should be steady. IMO don't be surprised if Paintsville wins the region with what I saw out of them this summer.
i would say sc but i would watch out for magoffin co they could be pretty good and betsy lane
2.S.C
3.Valley
4.Magoffin
5.East Ridge
6.Paintsville
7.Pike Central
8.Jc
9.B.L
10.LC

Just a thought??

pike central will definitely not be in the top 10,especially over JC,BL,LC,they were lucky to make it to the championship game in the regional last year,their best 2 players(both guards) graduated.Gary done a great job coaching with the talent he had.They have a new coach now who did pretty good @ Phelps,taking the boys team to the regional 4 years in a row,but he's now coaching girls which he's found out by now is totally different than boys.
Who all does Paintsville have this year?
1.sc
2.valley
3.magoffin'
4.belfry
5.east ridge
Tubby Lover Wrote:1. sheldon clark
2.belfry
3.paintsville
5.besty layne
6.magoffin co.
7.south floyd
8.south floyd
9.johnson central
10.shelby valley

East Ridge lost senior guard Caitlin Conley and center Beth Anders. They have a lot of young talent but Anders shoes especially might be tough to fill.
TopDog Wrote:I find it interesting that only Belfry fans say that JJ Bevins is better than Carla Booth everybody else has Carla Booth as the best player.I have watched both play and it is easy to see that Booth is clearly the best in the region. Booth handles the ball better has more dimes more rebounds more steals better D and alot better team player.JJ is the best Belfry has and she is a good player but I have to agree with everyone that don't live or go to school at Belfry in that Booth is clearly better.:flame:

I agree Booth is the player. SC will be a solid contender for the region again and let's hope they make it. But don't expect too much from Belfry this year a new coach, they'll do him in. I predict another crazy year.
magic man Wrote:1.sc
2.valley
3.magoffin'
4.belfry
5.east ridge

Paintsville played three of your top 5 teams this summer and beat all three. Where would you rank Paintsville?
16thregionfan Wrote:Who all does Paintsville have this year?

Seniors-Marissa Samons
Juniors-(G)Krissy Halm, (G)Meagan Jones, (F)Leah Vanhoose, Meagan Childers, Claire Hovee
Sophmores-(F)Andria Hansford, Eryn Baldwin, Megan Stacy
Freshman-(G)Shelby Carroll
Eighth-Mikka Ward, Kerrigan Samons, Madi Trimble, Anna Claire Rice, Haley Johnson
2.S.C
3.Valley
4.Magoffin
5.East Ridge
6.Paintsville
7.Pike Central
8.Jc
9.B.L
10.LC

Just a thought??

thought wrong...:argue:
t4p3r8 Wrote:Paintsville played three of your top 5 teams this summer and beat all three. Where would you rank Paintsville?

NEWS FLASH........summer ball means NOTHING
Pages: 1 2