Poll: Who will win
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle County
20.83%
Knox Central
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Rockcastle Co. 10/8
PREACHER MAN Wrote:You are right. However, the difference between the Knox game and the other five that Bell has played he got them all in the first two or two and a half quarters. Also, I THINK he probably touched the ball a whole lote more in the KC game than any other so far this year.

yeap u are 100% correct... and the Knox D-line out worked us for most of the 1st half..
tehot05 Wrote:I did see the hit, nice hit.. i also seen him rush for over a hundred, plus the score was 21-7.. and yea im pretty sure were gonna bill knox Jake Patterson's (24) jersey bc you held him the entire night.. yea and coach mills is my 3rd cuz and he even said "thats the only way we could block him"

I suppose you have to hold on for a couple of seconds in order to execute a proper pancake... 24 is excellent be had NOTHING for our RT. Bell beat us and we have congratulated them. Now if you want to start crap do it by starting a new thread entitled, "The other Bell Fans who want to Gloat". This thread is about the Rock game.
PREACHER MAN Wrote:HE just did not want to hurt your feelings. Bell is just a little better than knox. You first say it is a good game and then you complain about calls. I am sure if you look at the game film you will see as much holding going on when Bell was running the ball. If the refs wanted to they could call holding on every play. Anyhow, It was a good game and Bell is the best team in 4A. If that is true, where does that put us?

Cuz aint gonna hurt my feelings..A im Bell all the way.. But i am a firm believer in, to be the best you have to beat the best, So Boyle county is the best team in 4a.. Bell 2nd and i dunno about the West teams but Lone Oak was 3rd and got beat by Green county, which Bell destroyed, so Knox is 3rd..
Football1 Wrote:

I suppose you have to hold on for a couple of seconds in order to execute a proper pancake... 24 is excellent be had NOTHING for our RT. Bell beat us and we have congratulated them. Now if you want to start crap do it by starting a new thread entitled, "The other Bell Fans who want to Gloat". This thread is about the Rock game.

Listen you would be doing the same thing if Knox would have one.. its apart of life rubbing it on the enemy, especially when its ur biggest rivalry. And i aint like some fans on here that doesn't no what their talking about it.. So Congrats to both teams, lets juss hope it Bell and Knox agian.. and since this is a Knox/Rock thread.. Knox 55-6
Football1 Wrote:

Knox has a good line and a good rt. But let's give the devil it's due so to speak. If you look at the stats Bell doubled Knox in yardage basically. Bell's line played just as good as did Knox's. Enough of the well our line didn't give it up. Yes they did, just like every other position on the field. Both teams played well but I won't agree on this point you keep trying to make.... It goes both ways. Bell's line played their rear ends off and played as well as if not better than Knox. Let's keep it straight up with this one.
I give Knox credit for a solid line but I'll not downplay Bell's line in the process. Overall as good if not better. If that offends you, so be it. It is what it is...
I don't know what all was said before but I'm not talking any crap. It was a good game by two very good teams.
tehot05 Wrote:Listen you would be doing the same thing if Knox would have one.. its apart of life rubbing it on the enemy, especially when its ur biggest rivalry. And i aint like some fans on here that doesn't no what their talking about it.. So Congrats to both teams, lets juss hope it Bell and Knox agian.. and since this is a Knox/Rock thread.. Knox 55-6
Sorry - that is not how I played this game nor coached it. "Rubbing" is for the massage after the game. Honor, pride, self-respect - these are character traits that young men should display in sports and life. And holders of these highly regarded jewels never feel the need to "rub in" beating an opponent. Victory is its own prize and never needs to be accompanied by trash talking or similiar garbage.
And for Friday's game between Knox/Rock, Knox 49-6.
easyM Wrote:Knox has a good line and a good rt. But let's give the devil it's due so to speak. If you look at the stats Bell doubled Knox in yardage basically. Bell's line played just as good as did Knox's. Enough of the well our line didn't give it up. Yes they did, just like every other position on the field. Both teams played well but I won't agree on this point you keep trying to make.... It goes both ways. Bell's line played their rear ends off and played as well as if not better than Knox. Let's keep it straight up with this one.
I give Knox credit for a solid line but I'll not downplay Bell's line in the process. Overall as good if not better. If that offends you, so be it. It is what it is...
You have every right to your opinion and it certainly does not offend me. Football is a complex game with many moving parts. The scoreboard is the final say in which team was better on any given night. I could argue that our line is better or worse than Bell but there is no value in such rhetoric. Bell won the game. The rest is fodder for speculation.

Did our DLine play well - you bet. Did our RT play well - you bet. Better than Bell? Who cares. Lets hope we get another shot at that scoreboard.
Football1 Wrote:You have every right to your opinion and it certainly does not offend me. Football is a complex game with many moving parts. The scoreboard is the final say in which team was better on any given night. I could argue that our line is better or worse than Bell but there is no value in such rhetoric. Bell won the game. The rest is fodder for speculation.

Did our DLine play well - you bet. Did our RT play well - you bet. Better than Bell? Who cares. Lets hope we get another shot at that scoreboard.

Never discredited Knox's line at all. Their dline played well, your rt played well. Won't argue that one bit. But, Bell's line done the same or better perhaps. It's fine to stand up for your boys, besides Bell, I'll pull for them to win every game. It's not out of dislike for Knox at all. I just don't agree when someone wants to say our line outplayed yours... without any basis for saying such. I'd like to know how you view Bell's performance on the line. Take away KC first drive and that's basically it for them. That says a lot for Bell's line play and/or defense in general. BOTH sides deserve a lot of credit.
Football1 Wrote:You have every right to your opinion and it certainly does not offend me. Football is a complex game with many moving parts. The scoreboard is the final say in which team was better on any given night. I could argue that our line is better or worse than Bell but there is no value in such rhetoric. Bell won the game. The rest is fodder for speculation.

And you will get another shot....Count on it.
easyM Wrote:Never discredited Knox's line at all. Their dline played well, your rt played well. Won't argue that one bit. But, Bell's line done the same or better perhaps. It's fine to stand up for your boys, besides Bell, I'll pull for them to win every game. It's not out of dislike for Knox at all. I just don't agree when someone wants to say our line outplayed yours... without any basis for saying such. I'd like to know how you view Bell's performance on the line. Take away KC first drive and that's basically it for them. That says a lot for Bell's line play and/or defense in general. BOTH sides deserve a lot of credit.
Bell's line out played our line on D and O as the scoreboard suggested. Individual efforts just don't matter in this game. It is an 11 part machine that cannot take a step without each part being sycn'd to the other. For me to say our line out played yours in light of the score would be like a miner telling his foreman how much coal they produced that night; just none of it made it to the surface. All that coal piled up underground would not make a single light turn on. And no matter how many pancakes our RT had or how many big hits Gilliam laid on 23, we still lost the game.

I think Rock will be a different outcome for Knox and a big part of that will be our line play. Friday will tell.
easyM Wrote:And you will get another shot....Count on it.
Playing Bell at home in a year where maybe they have the best team they have fielded is not something most would voluteer for. But I know our guys are hoping for the opporunity as I'm sure are the folks from Bell. If it happens, it sure says something about football from Middlesboro to Lynn Camp!
Football1 Wrote:Bell's line out played our line on D and O as the scoreboard suggested. Individual efforts just don't matter in this game. It is an 11 part machine that cannot take a step without each part being sycn'd to the other. For me to say our line out played yours in light of the score would be like a miner telling his foreman how much coal they produced that night; just none of it made it to the surface. All that coal piled up underground would not make a single light turn on. And no matter how many pancakes our RT had or how many big hits Gilliam laid on 23, we still lost the game.

I think Rock will be a different outcome for Knox and a big part of that will be our line play. Friday will tell.

I agree with breaking down all parts, positions, and plays as the game goes. Listen, Knox has some very good players. I'm impressed with them a lot. The battle was played out in many ways. You're right about the hits, the pancakes, and etc... It happened both ways. Bell didn't play two hand touch in that game either. Many shots took by both teams. I can remember several hard licks that was laid on by players. I'm pretty sure KC's #1 rb will tell you what it felt like to be hit by Bell as well. And I'm sure you could ask Davenport and he would tell you that Knox brought it and hit him hard several times. But to him and Knox's rb they both got right back up and got some more. I was impressed by both teams. I hope to see this rematch again. I'm fairly certain we will....
Football1 Wrote:Playing Bell at home in a year where maybe they have the best team they have fielded is not something most would voluteer for. But I know our guys are hoping for the opporunity as I'm sure are the folks from Bell. If it happens, it sure says something about football from Middlesboro to Lynn Camp!

Don't know about that first part but it's debatable for sure. The team is made up a lot different this year as in 08. The 08 team was as solid as they come. This year's team seems to be much quicker, especially in the backfield. But heck, that's not fair considering this year's team has Davenport.lol
Go get Rock Friday night and let's hope both teams take care of business and meet up again. Much respect here for KC. And a ton of respect for your head coach, not just as a coach, but even more as a human being. He's top notch.
Great atmosphere Friday night but dang, get some bleachers on the other side! lol Nothing personal but we like to have our own set of bleachers when we play. But, I did enjoy some of the conversations during the game with the Knox fans. I thought it was a great night for high school football. And yes, it says tons for this whole area within these two counties. The future looks bright for all.....:Thumbs:
easyM Wrote:Don't know about that first part but it's debatable for sure. The team is made up a lot different this year as in 08. The 08 team was as solid as they come. This year's team seems to be much quicker, especially in the backfield. But heck, that's not fair considering this year's team has Davenport.lol
Go get Rock Friday night and let's hope both teams take care of business and meet up again. Much respect here for KC. And a ton of respect for your head coach, not just as a coach, but even more as a human being. He's top notch.
Great atmosphere Friday night but dang, get some bleachers on the other side! lol Nothing personal but we like to have our own set of bleachers when we play. But, I did enjoy some of the conversations during the game with the Knox fans. I thought it was a great night for high school football. And yes, it says tons for this whole area within these two counties. The future looks bright for all.....:Thumbs:
Much appreciated.

Rock will be a good test for our team coming off such a emotional game.
KC by 21