Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central @ Rockcastle Co. 10/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who wins?
K-N-O-X 49
Rock 0
RC by 8
Stardust Wrote:RC by 8

I agree!! the clock will be running with 8 mins to go in the third. K-N-O-X 55 RC 00
Rock is a storied program with good kids and a strong following. Much respect for them; but they stand in the way of what we set out to do this year.

Knox by several TDs.
Knox easily. Too big and too strong.

KC 42
Rock 0
Panthers defense will rule this game. Kc 46 - 7Rc
Knox will rebound well and will roll in this game.

KC 49
RC 7
This is a confusing game for me. Rock seems to match up well with Knox. They have some speed and they have great size. But they are not crazy-fast like Pulaski or Bell. They are huge on the line though.

Rock can hold on in this game, if the line can make any holes. Rowe is the kind of back that can really hurt a team if he gets through the line. Anyone that has seen him play will agree with that.

What I am REALLY afraid of though is the Knox Central WR's and their speed/size combo. Canady might have 200 yards recieving tonight. That is a blood-thirsty kids when he smells match-up problem. Our corners either don't have the speed, or they don't have the size to stop him.

For Rock to win they need 3 things to happen.

1. Rock's O-line to make some holes for Clark.
2. The LB's to get pressure on the QB, to prevent easy throws to Canady
3. To not get worn-down by the mammoth offensive line!

With all of that said, I pick Knox Central to win 28-12.
Knox has a really good running and passing game. If rock does not play any better then what the have shown so far, its gone to be really hard to keep this game close. my heart says rock, BUT!. from what i have seen from both teams so far KC wins 41-12
Knox is too big and physical for the Rockets.

Knox 49
Rock 7

It feels really weird making this prediction, the tables were turned not too long ago.
Kc-48
rc-12
Knox Big!
LWC Wrote:This is a confusing game for me. Rock seems to match up well with Knox. They have some speed and they have great size. But they are not crazy-fast like Pulaski or Bell. They are huge on the line though.

Rock can hold on in this game, if the line can make any holes. Rowe is the kind of back that can really hurt a team if he gets through the line. Anyone that has seen him play will agree with that.

What I am REALLY afraid of though is the Knox Central WR's and their speed/size combo. Canady might have 200 yards recieving tonight. That is a blood-thirsty kids when he smells match-up problem. Our corners either don't have the speed, or they don't have the size to stop him.

Nice analysis. It could serve as a strong game plan for Rock. Nobody in Knox County has any thoughts of this being an easy game. The last 2 years have been wars decided by a few yards. We expect nothing less here.
playing at rock is never an easy or "given".that being said rock is still somewhat down.if kc holds onto the pig=kc28 rc14..and much like the knox bell game the score will seem closer.
Rock is way down this year. I hate to overlook them but I think they are just that bad. Don't see this ever being a contest. KC will score easy and often and Rock will be lucky to get a first down in Varsity action. The RB from Rock is talented but he is a basically a 1 man show.

KC 63
Rock 0
It may just be the residual effect of all those butt whippings we've taken in years past in Mount Vernon, but I just can't get into the idea of taking Rockcastle lightly. I see where Bell clobbered them, I see how many points lowly Madison So. put up on their defense, but still, it is Rockcastle. Keep focused Panthers, don't let your guard down and you should come home with a good win of 35-7.
LWC Wrote:This is a confusing game for me. Rock seems to match up well with Knox. They have some speed and they have great size. But they are not crazy-fast like Pulaski or Bell. They are huge on the line though.

Well said, one of the things that makes KNOX a very dangerous team is their WR's are very Big and physical, they take pride in blocking, I have never seen a group of WR's that love to get pancake blocks and live for the crack-back. Watch any game and you will see what I'm talking about. :redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
William Muney Wrote:Rock is way down this year. I hate to overlook them but I think they are just that bad. Don't see this ever being a contest. KC will score easy and often and Rock will be lucky to get a first down in Varsity action. The RB from Rock is talented but he is a basically a 1 man show.

KC 63
Rock 0
:popcorn: it would be nice to get to watch our young JV play another half. I just have vivid memories of the battles of the last 2 years.

Any thoughts on why Rock is struggling some this year? Did that big lineman "Big D" graduate with 14 of his buddies or something?

I know Bell rolled against them but was it a 4 quarter effort or JV played the 2nd half type thing?
Knox Central.
Football1 Wrote::popcorn: it would be nice to get to watch our young JV play another half. I just have vivid memories of the battles of the last 2 years.

Any thoughts on why Rock is struggling some this year? Did that big lineman "Big D" graduate with 14 of his buddies or something?

I know Bell rolled against them but was it a 4 quarter effort or JV played the 2nd half type thing?

It was 35-0 with over 11 min to go in the 2nd QUARTER lol..
Football1 Wrote::popcorn: it would be nice to get to watch our young JV play another half. I just have vivid memories of the battles of the last 2 years.

the Bell game was over before it started. rock lost 10 last season but i still thought they would have been better then what they have shown. They have the players there to be a good football team. I think they play the right players but play them in all the wrong spots. play calling not been the greatest. I would like to see coach Parkey open it up more.
Knox big
Knox-50 rock-7
The JV should get some playing time in this one.
Football1 Wrote:Any thoughts on why Rock is struggling some this year? Did that big lineman "Big D" graduate with 14 of his buddies or something?

They lost the best 3 blockers they had last year, big #50, #63 and the TE. Also lost the QB who was a decent threat to throw the ball. They were also the best players on defense. So they are hurting on both sides of the ball from what I was told.

There is a lot of IF's in this statement. It may happen, but I just can't see it. No team except JC and Bell has had any success running the ball on KC. I just hope that KC will not come out flat after the loss Fri. I do not think that they will. I have a lot of respect for the Rock but i think that they will end up at # 3 in the district. KC 41 Rock 14 (scored on the JV).
William Muney Wrote:They lost the best 3 blockers they had last year, big #50, #63 and the TE. Also lost the QB who was a decent threat to throw the ball. They were also the best players on defense. So they are hurting on both sides of the ball from what I was told.
Makes Sense. It is hard to imagine them falling so far so fast. Sounds like the Bell game for them was just a whooping which is unusual too. 11 min to go in 2nd quarter is not much of a show.

Rocksolid and his buds better enjoy the tailgating this year while the quarry gets restocked. Lord knows we have all had those years where the hotdogs beat the heck out of the scoreboard. And with this weather - maybe some hot chocolate!

Rock - Did Big D (Derek?) end up going anywhere to play. I know he was a good bball player too. Had heard he might end up at Eastern. He was a good football player.
Knox by a 7....
7 touchdowns
Knox 41-0:1:
Pages: 1 2 3