Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official Bell Co to Class 3A next year...
Bourbon County, East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, West Carter
District 6: Breathitt County, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Sheldon Clark

Region IV
District 7: Bell County, Corbin, Estill County, Jackson County, Powell County
District 8: Belfry, East Ridge, Knott County Central, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley
wow, SC moving to another district, wonder if they will still play Belfry every year where there so close or Haywood wont play them like he dont Russell and them up there since they might meet in playoffs?
CatDawg Wrote:Are these suppose to be the final districts or just someones thoughts on how it might be?

Someone's thoughts.
CatDawg Wrote:Are these suppose to be the final districts or just someones thoughts on how it might be?

This is just someone's thoughts, but a very accredited "someone" at that. The person who posted this on another site knows their stuff.

I'm going to be willing to bet that we can all take this Class 3A pairing(s) to the bank. I think it makes much more since. Knott County Central isn't going to get sent all the way towards Bell, Corbin, etc when they are on Shelby Valley, Pike Central, Belfry and East Ridge's doorsteps.

District 4, with: Garrard, Casey, McCreary Central, Wayne County, etc. makes perfect since(They are all in basketballs 12th Region, for what it's worth.)

Bell Co, Jackson County, Powell County, Estill and Corbin does also.

Not only did 3A add Ft. Campbell being the powerhouse they are, as well as LaRue County, who is a well above average football team year in year out, but 3A also added Trigg County in the west. Trigg has fallen off a bit the last couple years, but I can promise you that they will have a little something to say about who comes out of District 1. Tilghman, Ft. Campbell and Trigg will be in a battle every year for who comes out in that top spot.
Harry Doyle Wrote:This is just someone's thoughts, but a very accredited "someone" at that. The person who posted this on another site knows their stuff.

I'm going to be willing to bet that we can all take this Class 3A pairing(s) to the bank. I think it makes much more since. Knott County Central isn't going to get sent all the way towards Bell, Corbin, etc when they are on Shelby Valley, Pike Central, Belfry and East Ridge's doorsteps.

District 4, with: Garrard, Casey, McCreary Central, Wayne County, etc. makes perfect since(They are all in basketballs 12th Region, for what it's worth.)

Not only did 3A add Ft. Campbell being the powerhouse they are, as well as LaRue County, who is a well above average football team year in year out, but 3A also added Trigg County in the west. Trigg has fallen off a bit the last couple years, but I can promise you that they will have a little something to say about who comes out of District 1. Tilghman, Ft. Campbell and Trigg will be in a battle every year for who comes out in that top spot.

Sometimes Districts can be stupid. Right now Knott Co Central is in the same District as Corbin and Middlesboro right now in 2A. McCreary Central is already in Bell Co's District in 4A right now too. So who knows?
Harry Doyle Wrote:This is just someone's thoughts, but a very accredited "someone" at that. The person who posted this on another site knows their stuff.

How far of a drive is it for Bell Co (Pineville) to Powell Co and Estill Co? Back in the days those two use to be in Middlesboro's District too in 2A.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:How far of a drive is it for Bell Co (Pineville) to Powell Co and Estill Co? Back in the days those two use to be in Middlesboro's District too in 2A.

Powell is considerably longer than Knott. I don't see Powell in Bell's district. Estill and Knott would be close to the same distance with Estill being just a tad farther.
I think the finals
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I really dont know how Corbin has stayed in 2A as long as they have, i thought for sure when it went to a 6 class system they would be in 3A.
They are growing every year, even expanding on to their school this year, I believe they have been consistently graduating about 120-140 kids over the last few years, I may be wrong but thats what I have been told, and I would inagine there senior class is probably the smallest of all the classes as it is at most schools.
Corbin will be okay, its still Corbin, theyll find a way to survive, right now they cant compete with Bell, will they in the future, yes. They will eventually get back to there old standards, but will have a lot of down years, football in this far southeastern region has just gotten so much better over the last few years.

Corbin has graduated around 180-185 kids each of the last 2 years and have had a zero percent dropout rate. The sophomore class has over 200 kids in it and several of the classes below high school have 200 or so. The deal with the Knox reciprocal agreement could affect the numbers, though I doubt it will very much.
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, I don't know how much Corbin is going to like this situation since they're used to ruling the roost in this district.

The Corbin players and fans will love being in the district with Bell Co., should be good for the program in most people's opinion. Don't be shocked if Corbin plays 4A though.
Bell gets to move down a level on the heels of its greatest successful run. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. While we are at it, let's see if we can get the Bengals to start playing a few SEC games. KHSAA really nailed this one.
Football1 Wrote:Bell gets to move down a level on the heels of its greatest successful run. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. While we are at it, let's see if we can get the Bengals to start playing a few SEC games. KHSAA really nailed this one.

It's based on enrollment, not success. While it's true Bell has been having a great deal of success in 4A, it's hardly the KHSAA's fault that enrollment has dropped.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The Corbin players and fans will love being in the district with Bell Co., should be good for the program in most people's opinion. Don't be shocked if Corbin plays 4A though.

It's been many years since Corbin has had a serious district rival. It will be interesting to see how they respond.
Bell Co. will have a feald day in 3A. There isn't that many teams in 3A that can play with Bell Co.
Stumpjumper Wrote:It's based on enrollment, not success. While it's true Bell has been having a great deal of success in 4A, it's hardly the KHSAA's fault that enrollment has dropped.
I get the enrollment part. But you would think somewhere in there its not just a math problem.
Football1 Wrote:I get the enrollment part. But you would think somewhere in there its not just a math problem.

What? As a Knox fan I am very Happy Bell is moving:Clap:

If it was based on success Highlands would be 10A. It is based on how many boys you have. That is the only fair way to do it.