Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Problems
cougarpride08 Wrote:When they let Larry Maggard go, I honestly think the program went down hill. Those kids looked up to Larry like a second father. Not letting Deleno back was just icing on the cake.

Here's what you need to do. Every Friday night, put on the green and go support Jenkins. On Friday nights, go watch and support the Cavs. Stop coming to LCC football games, your disgust with the way they do things is obvious. No need to put that stress on yourself. See, then you wouldn't have to worry about "driving up there 3 days in a row to see how many cars are in the parking lot." What a big peice of mind that would be for you. Get out the green! Stop with the insanity! No more stress! GO CAVS!
Whatever guys. Call me what you want, but let me know how crow taste ok. Say I am stalking or trespassing is a serious accusation. Why don't we just lock the gates, and no body come at the school unless there is a game. Until you do that I am free to go up there any time I want. Instead of worrying about me going up there which I did go up there to watch them practice basketball, but I think it is my business if I want to go up there. Both assistants on the boys team are really good friends of mine. One is my sons principal while the other one use to be my basketball coach so if you don't like then as a plumber would say, tough S###.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
To Cougar Pride

As far as I am concerned , it is really NONE of your BUSINESS why the boys are weight lifting at the rec center. But, the boys say it is because it is NEW AND HAS SOME EQUIPMENT THAT THE WEIGHT ROOM DOES NOT. Secondly, if the boys have homework or need to go home after school to eat, they can come back on their own to weight lift. It does not seem to be sinking into your head , but most of the boys who are doing no extra and the ones not playing do not have any DESIRE to play. They are the ONES who want to play on Friday nights , but do no extra in return. Did you know that the lineman was offered an opportunity this past summer to attend a lineman camp .?Yes, they did have to pay for the week, but all you heard was complaints. "I'm not paying money to get hot and tired for a week." Maybe since you have such great insight or coaching ability, you can try and get it out of some players heads that football is not just in season , but it is dedication and training . Then , you might be able to turn the program around. Most of the parents believe Little JOhnny instead of telling him to listen to his coach , work hard no matter what, and in time no matter the situation the work will pay off.
T
Well if Coach Whitaker let's these kids complain about lifting and conditioning, then that is his problem. All I know if there is a lot of parents who is upset about the way the coach is doing things, I am really good friends with a lot of parents, and they tell me how disappointed they are in him as a people person. I have constantly told them to speak up at the board meeting, but they are afraid there kids won't play if they go to the board.
More than one booster who busted there tails all year including the president has already told the school they would not be back if he came back. They went to him and ask for advice on fundraisers and he didn't even want to help them. So say what you want about the coach. As for the weight room issue goes, if they are lifting and doing all they can then that is great.
I apologize way in advance for any problems that I may have put up there, but I am very insulted that someone accused me of stalking and trespassing. I have been nothing but good to this school, and helped raise a lot of money for the football, basketball, and wrestling teams. Wal-Mart has been good to all LCC athletics, and alot of it was me and another guy that works there.
I think the boys need to see these types of post. If they are truly satisfied with Coach Whitaker, then fine. If they aren't then let them be the ones to stand up and go to the board meetings.
My post on her nor my presence at board meetings wouldn't help at all. Those are the boys who will be playing, let them talk. Ask them what they think. It may or may not be my business, but just like butt holes, everyone got one. That is truly how I feel, and I really don't mean to come off like that to no one, but other peoples wording has been just as bad on here as mine.
I will say if Coach Whitaker stays or goes, I just want what is best for those kids. Some of these young men can make decisions about how they play the game. That makes them a leader on and off the field. If they don't want to go to these camps, then you will see it on the field. I am behind these cougars, and I hope they will reload and get back to what we use to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Actually you are the one who brought back up this old thread and obviously will not let it go. If you keep on, others will keep on as well.
bluewhiteforever Wrote:To Cougar Pride
As far as I am concerned , it is really NONE of your BUSINESS why the boys are weight lifting at the rec center. But, the boys say it is because it is NEW AND HAS SOME EQUIPMENT THAT THE WEIGHT ROOM DOES NOT. Secondly, if the boys have homework or need to go home after school to eat, they can come back on their own to weight lift. It does not seem to be sinking into your head , but most of the boys who are doing no extra and the ones not playing do not have any DESIRE to play. They are the ONES who want to play on Friday nights , but do no extra in return. Did you know that the lineman was offered an opportunity this past summer to attend a lineman camp .?Yes, they did have to pay for the week, but all you heard was complaints. "I'm not paying money to get hot and tired for a week." Maybe since you have such great insight or coaching ability, you can try and get it out of some players heads that football is not just in season , but it is dedication and training . Then , you might be able to turn the program around. Most of the parents believe Little JOhnny instead of telling him to listen to his coach , work hard no matter what, and in time no matter the situation the work will pay off.
T

Halaloooooya brother/sister It is a two way street. Not only does the coach need to dedicate himself, but so do the players. I don't like taking up for the coach since I am sure some of the blame can be placed on him, but I am sure not all as some seem to suggest. Oh and forgive me for ever saying that, since all these kids are all so precious. Ye'll Right........
cougarpride08 Wrote:Well if Coach Whitaker let's these kids complain about lifting and conditioning, then that is his problem. All I know if there is a lot of parents who is upset about the way the coach is doing things, I am really good friends with a lot of parents, and they tell me how disappointed they are in him as a people person. [B]I have constantly told them to speak up at the board meeting, but they are afraid there kids won't play if they go to the board. [/B] More than one booster who busted there tails all year including the president has already told the school they would not be back if he came back. They went to him and ask for advice on fundraisers and he didn't even want to help them. So say what you want about the coach. As for the weight room issue goes, if they are lifting and doing all they can then that is great.
I apologize way in advance for any problems that I may have put up there, but I am very insulted that someone accused me of stalking and trespassing. I have been nothing but good to this school, and helped raise a lot of money for the football, basketball, and wrestling teams. Wal-Mart has been good to all LCC athletics, and alot of it was me and another guy that works there.
I think the boys need to see these types of post. If they are truly satisfied with Coach Whitaker, then fine. If they aren't then let them be the ones to stand up and go to the board meetings. My post on her nor my presence at board meetings wouldn't help at all. Those are the boys who will be playing, let them talk. Ask them what they think. It may or may not be my business, but just like butt holes, everyone got one. That is truly how I feel, and I really don't mean to come off like that to no one, but other peoples wording has been just as bad on here as mine.
I will say if Coach Whitaker stays or goes, I just want what is best for those kids. Some of these young men can make decisions about how they play the game. That makes them a leader on and off the field. If they don't want to go to these camps, then you will see it on the field. I am behind these cougars, and I hope they will reload and get back to what we use to be.

From what you have said, you are truly hoping your posts will inspire people to go to board meetings and stand up against coach Whitaker. It's right there in black and white. This is a snake in the grass act.
Like I said, if they are happy with him let them have him as a coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!