Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1st off let me say,I call it like I see it.That being said LCC has some major issues to deal with.The cougar offense will be alright,they have had some trouble in the redzone but the talent will overcome these issues in the future.LCC scored more than enough to win the Hazard game.Defense is another story.The defensive scheme and coordinator needs to be reevaluated.The defense is lacking toughness, and is a product of a coach that does not put his team in the best situations to win.The defensive coach just doesn't get it.He likes to play a what I call a finess style defense with sagging coverage that is lacking aggressivness and puts no pressure what so ever on the offense.The Cougars in my opinion are missing their defensive coordinator Delano Thomas.Coach Thomas was a coach that provided fire and toughness,something that is really missing right now.LCC did graduate some players,but not enough to suck as bad as they are playing right now.Coach Whitaker needs to open his eyes ,and not let friendship get in the way,because something has to be done.BEADER BALL just isn't working.This is LCC not Knott co central where football just didn't matter.We need to make changes now before the season is lost. Thank You
Who is LCCs defensive coordinator? Does he make all the calls and no input from the head coach?
touchdownkentucky Wrote:1st off let me say,I call it like I see it.That being said LCC has some major issues to deal with.The cougar offense will be alright,they have had some trouble in the redzone but the talent will overcome these issues in the future.LCC scored more than enough to win the Hazard game.Defense is another story.The defensive scheme and coordinator needs to be reevaluated.The defense is lacking toughness, and is a product of a coach that does not put his team in the best situations to win.The defensive coach just doesn't get it.He likes to play a what I call a finess style defense with sagging coverage that is lacking aggressivness and puts no pressure what so ever on the offense.The Cougars in my opinion are missing their defensive coordinator Delano Thomas.Coach Thomas was a coach that provided fire and toughness,something that is really missing right now.LCC did graduate some players,but not enough to suck as bad as they are playing right now.Coach Whitaker needs to open his eyes ,and not let friendship get in the way,because something has to be done.BEADER BALL just isn't working.This is LCC not Knott co central where football just didn't matter.We need to make changes now before the season is lost. Thank You

Gotta love the die hard fans of theses programs!! :lmao::lmao:
touchdownkentucky Wrote:1st off let me say,I call it like I see it.That being said LCC has some major issues to deal with.The cougar offense will be alright,they have had some trouble in the redzone but the talent will overcome these issues in the future.LCC scored more than enough to win the Hazard game.Defense is another story.The defensive scheme and coordinator needs to be reevaluated.The defense is lacking toughness, and is a product of a coach that does not put his team in the best situations to win.The defensive coach just doesn't get it.He likes to play a what I call a finess style defense with sagging coverage that is lacking aggressivness and puts no pressure what so ever on the offense.The Cougars in my opinion are missing their defensive coordinator Delano Thomas.Coach Thomas was a coach that provided fire and toughness,something that is really missing right now.LCC did graduate some players,but not enough to suck as bad as they are playing right now.Coach Whitaker needs to open his eyes ,and not let friendship get in the way,because something has to be done.BEADER BALL just isn't working.This is LCC not Knott co central where football just didn't matter.We need to make changes now before the season is lost. Thank You

Knott Central fans got a laugh when LCC named Beder D-coordinator his team gave up 50+ per game last year.............
Captain Crook Wrote:Knott Central fans got a laugh when LCC named Beder D-coordinator his team gave up 50+ per game last year.............

Actually it was 46+ per game last year.
ttt
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! It hurts! It hurts so bad.:HitWall::flush:
It is totally legitimate for a fan too question such a move. When you coach - you accept the public nature of the job and with that comes questioning of your calls and schemes. And I agree that LCC defense is not getting it done right now. Whether the answer is to change coaches or have the coach change his defense is a question Whitaker has to answer.
When they let Larry Maggard go, I honestly think the program went down hill. Those kids looked up to Larry like a second father. Not letting Deleno back was just icing on the cake.
cougarpride08 Wrote:When they let Larry Maggard go, I honestly think the program went down hill. Those kids looked up to Larry like a second father. Not letting Deleno back was just icing on the cake.

Larry chose to leave on his own they didn't let him go. Of course he had no choice when she brought Whitaker in to replace Hillard instead of giving him the job.
Delano was never going to stay once Hillard left.

Of course you have to make sure your buddies and family gets high paying jobs.
I will probably be confronted by stating these opinions, but I am sick of seeing it happen. I do not know why Letcher County's Admin. thinks they have to go out of the mountains or our area and pay upright of 6-figures per year for a coach to come in whenever we have qualified coaches who have grew up in the area, know the program, and would probably take a lot more pride in running it. There are coaches that we have formerly had on our staff that the boys respected, trusted, and worked hard for- who deserved the job. Our boys don't even like these coaches! I have heard it straight from the players themselves. Not only do they not like the staff but they are constantly worried that the administration or coaching staff will "create" another job in the district for someone who also happens to have an all-star son. Our boys have played in this system for years, working hard; and for them to have their spot taken is a little hard for them to swallow, and I don't blame them! There are boys on that team, quality boys, who are quitting and looking into the possibility of transferring schools (if eligible) to play elsewhere, all because their families don't have money or they aren't kissing the coaching staff/administrations hind end. I feel sorry for the players because it is not their fault! If thats how the administration and coaching staff wants to run that program, then mediocre seasons and anger/frustration from the fan base is exactly what they deserve!
Tony Sergent should have been hired to coach instead of Whitaker. It would have cost the county a lot less money too. It is funny, a superintendent who sued the state board of education because she could not be superintendent won't hire anyone from Letcher county to coach a major boys sport.
[quote=High Sheriff]Tony Sergent should have been hired to coach instead of Whitaker. It would have cost the county a lot less money too. It is funny, a superintendent who sued the state board of education because she could not be superintendent won't hire a

Randy Frazier, Larry Maggard or Tony Sergent.

Wonder how much money we could have saved to actually pay another teacher to educate our kids. Instead of hiring all of these high dollar football and basketball coaches.
Did you people that are bashing the coaches watch the same game I did?? Let me see missed tackels killed us " coaches cant make them for them " " dropped passes when they should have been caught coaches cant catch for them " " fumbels let me guess coaches fault to " I am from Letcher County and have watched football here in the county for years and I dont think its the coaches fault. But if they where 3-0 people would still complain. Look at Whitakers record as a coach all he has done is win. Hillard Howard is who got Whitaker the job and he from the mts and he happens to be the only coach in the state with a number 1 draft pick in the NFL. Give it time people. When its all said and done this year watch the cougars be right in the thick of things in the district. And for the kids not to like the coaches that is a bunch of bull my son plays on the team and have never herd him or any other player say that about them. And lets talk about bringing all star players in here, where are they at Logan is our QB and the Siezmore kid plays JV and Freshman. So where are all the all stars at. I wished we would get some more kids to play here at LCC dont you wont to have a winning team? They got around 40 kids we should have 80 with the size of school we have. Bottom line is if you dont have good athelets on the team you do what you can with the ones that are there. I just wish people would support the program instead of complaining all the time and if you think you can do a better job apply for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cougarpride08 Wrote:When they let Larry Maggard go, I honestly think the program went down hill. Those kids looked up to Larry like a second father. Not letting Deleno back was just icing on the cake.
You are right!!! I mean look at what he has done at Jenkins. They went from bad to much, much worse. I call it like I see it too.
Sounds like every one is pointing there fingers at everyone else LOL You can tell this program is on downward spiral. Or sounds like it is.
LCC should focus on their running game. They have tremendous athletes they could use in the backfield. When the person with the most rushing attempts is your QB, you have a problem. Logan is great but can't let me take hit after hit running the ball. Hand it off to Rose and Bentley. Keep opponents on thier toes.
High Sheriff Wrote:Tony Sergent should have been hired to coach instead of Whitaker. It would have cost the county a lot less money too. It is funny, a superintendent who sued the state board of education because she could not be superintendent won't hire anyone from Letcher county to coach a major boys sport.

Tony is a good coach and an excellent role model for young men.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:I will probably be confronted by stating these opinions, but I am sick of seeing it happen. I do not know why Letcher County's Admin. thinks they have to go out of the mountains or our area and pay upright of 6-figures per year for a coach to come in whenever we have qualified coaches who have grew up in the area, know the program, and would probably take a lot more pride in running it. There are coaches that we have formerly had on our staff that the boys respected, trusted, and worked hard for- who deserved the job. Our boys don't even like these coaches! I have heard it straight from the players themselves. Not only do they not like the staff but they are constantly worried that the administration or coaching staff will "create" another job in the district for someone who also happens to have an all-star son. Our boys have played in this system for years, working hard; and for them to have their spot taken is a little hard for them to swallow, and I don't blame them! There are boys on that team, quality boys, who are quitting and looking into the possibility of transferring schools (if eligible) to play elsewhere, all because their families don't have money or they aren't kissing the coaching staff/administrations hind end. I feel sorry for the players because it is not their fault! If thats how the administration and coaching staff wants to run that program, then mediocre seasons and anger/frustration from the fan base is exactly what they deserve!

What a homer! Go ahead tell us how great things are going in Jenkins that seems to be where your concerns are. You are not a LCC fan but a LCC critic. Are you ****ed because they didn't hire Maggard, or is one of those transfer kids starting in front of little Johnny again? Why don't you take little Johnny and put him in some green uniform so he can get some playing time. Why not show up at the school board meeting and ask them to pass a resolution to keep any kids from transfering into LCC so little Johnny can get some playing time. Pointing fingers at coaches or players don't help! Yes, I saw one coach drop a wide open pass on the 3 yard line, I saw another coach fumble on the 1 yard line going in for a score, and the other coach fumbled on the 4 yard line, etc... All of the kids that I am around seem to love the coaching staff-so little Johnny doesn't speak for the whole team.
Captain Crook Wrote:Knott Central fans got a laugh when LCC named Beder D-coordinator his team gave up 50+ per game last year.............

I bet knotts laughin now that the new coach is givin up a avg. of 62 pts. a game..... Beder will get LCC going.
cougarpower Wrote:Did you people that are bashing the coaches watch the same game I did?? Let me see missed tackels killed us " coaches cant make them for them " " dropped passes when they should have been caught coaches cant catch for them " " fumbels let me guess coaches fault to " I am from Letcher County and have watched football here in the county for years and I dont think its the coaches fault. But if they where 3-0 people would still complain. Look at Whitakers record as a coach all he has done is win. Hillard Howard is who got Whitaker the job and he from the mts and he happens to be the only coach in the state with a number 1 draft pick in the NFL. Give it time people. When its all said and done this year watch the cougars be right in the thick of things in the district. And for the kids not to like the coaches that is a bunch of bull my son plays on the team and have never herd him or any other player say that about them. And lets talk about bringing all star players in here, where are they at Logan is our QB and the Siezmore kid plays JV and Freshman. So where are all the all stars at. I wished we would get some more kids to play here at LCC dont you wont to have a winning team? They got around 40 kids we should have 80 with the size of school we have. Bottom line is if you dont have good athelets on the team you do what you can with the ones that are there. I just wish people would support the program instead of complaining all the time and if you think you can do a better job apply for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This coming from someone who said to send Coach Hammonds back to the City.
I think there might be some other transfers in the program besides 2 however I could be wrong.
cherokee Wrote:What a homer! Go ahead tell us how great things are going in Jenkins that seems to be where your concerns are. You are not a LCC fan but a LCC critic. Are you ****ed because they didn't hire Maggard, or is one of those transfer kids starting in front of little Johnny again? Why don't you take little Johnny and put him in some green uniform so he can get some playing time. Why not show up at the school board meeting and ask them to pass a resolution to keep any kids from transfering into LCC so little Johnny can get some playing time. Pointing fingers at coaches or players don't help! Yes, I saw one coach drop a wide open pass on the 3 yard line, I saw another coach fumble on the 1 yard line going in for a score, and the other coach fumbled on the 4 yard line, etc... All of the kids that I am around seem to love the coaching staff-so little Johnny doesn't speak for the whole team.

Or the school board or better known as the puppets could pass a resolution that paying coaches over 75,000 to coach only is absurd.
Or maybe they could hire a recruiting coordinator for the program and create another job at the school board and pay them 80,000 to do nothing.
Don't point fingers at players but you called out 3 different ones.
Patriot_Fan2180 Wrote:I bet knotts laughin now that the new coach is givin up a avg. of 62 pts. a game..... Beder will get LCC going.

Jesus, Moses, and Bear Bryant combined couldn't develop a winning program at Knott Central.
cougarpower Wrote:Did you people that are bashing the coaches watch the same game I did?? Let me see missed tackels killed us " coaches cant make them for them " " dropped passes when they should have been caught coaches cant catch for them " " fumbels let me guess coaches fault to " I am from Letcher County and have watched football here in the county for years and I dont think its the coaches fault. But if they where 3-0 people would still complain. Look at Whitakers record as a coach all he has done is win. Hillard Howard is who got Whitaker the job and he from the mts and he happens to be the only coach in the state with a number 1 draft pick in the NFL. Give it time people. When its all said and done this year watch the cougars be right in the thick of things in the district. And for the kids not to like the coaches that is a bunch of bull my son plays on the team and have never herd him or any other player say that about them. And lets talk about bringing all star players in here, where are they at Logan is our QB and the Siezmore kid plays JV and Freshman. So where are all the all stars at. I wished we would get some more kids to play here at LCC dont you wont to have a winning team? They got around 40 kids we should have 80 with the size of school we have. Bottom line is if you dont have good athelets on the team you do what you can with the ones that are there. I just wish people would support the program instead of complaining all the time and if you think you can do a better job apply for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually Joe Beder was Tim Couch's coach his Senior year.
Alright, for what it is worth, if this is Coach Whitaker that coached at Lesley County, Christian County, etc. all I can say is that you have a great coach and a better man. He coached Christian County a few years back and completely turned the program around. It took him a little time because our program was really struggling, but they were atleast competive by the end of the first year which was a huge improvement. Wasn't long, the atheletes in the school started wanting to play football again. I can tell you with great certainty that several of you are just spewing sour grapes. The kids will LOVE playing for him and they will battle for him. His offense will always be better then his defense because there aren't many coaches that can coach like him and he is all about offense. You may never shut anybody out, but there will be a lot of fun games to watch even if you don't have great skill players once they learn the system. All I can say is that you have a great coach and you better hold on to him.
cherokee Wrote:What a homer! Go ahead tell us how great things are going in Jenkins that seems to be where your concerns are. You are not a LCC fan but a LCC critic. Are you ****ed because they didn't hire Maggard, or is one of those transfer kids starting in front of little Johnny again? Why don't you take little Johnny and put him in some green uniform so he can get some playing time. Why not show up at the school board meeting and ask them to pass a resolution to keep any kids from transfering into LCC so little Johnny can get some playing time. Pointing fingers at coaches or players don't help! Yes, I saw one coach drop a wide open pass on the 3 yard line, I saw another coach fumble on the 1 yard line going in for a score, and the other coach fumbled on the 4 yard line, etc... All of the kids that I am around seem to love the coaching staff-so little Johnny doesn't speak for the whole team.

hahaha Thanks that made my day...
Did anybody see the cheap shot on olinger in front of letcher county's bench,not something that a good coach would allow.
jackbenimble Wrote:Did anybody see the cheap shot on olinger in front of letcher county's bench,not something that a good coach would allow.

I do not believe Hazard's behavior would have impressed anybody in that game also.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not believe Hazard's behavior would have impressed anybody in that game also.

When does any team from Perry County's behavior impress anyone lol
zaga_fan Wrote:When does any team from Perry County's behavior impress anyone lol

:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3 4