Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry/Hazard Scrimmage Results
So..... Pond Creek is gearin up for some Friday Night Lights!!!! Smile

I personally was impressed with #10, #16, #61........ of course along with all the others... yes, there IS work to be done... and you can bet your bottom dollar, it WILL be done!! LOL... It's just Coach Haywood style!!! They may have a few things that need "tweeked" here and there after the season starts but they ARE a work in progress and will be where they need to be... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
To respond to Cuppett. I know my post looked a bit pessimistic in the midst of all of the optimism. I am optimistic too! I saw some good things for sure out there Friday.

BUT, if anyone who watched the scrimmage is honest, Belfry did get flat out stuffed on the vast majority of their running plays. Just the facts, and I think you have to be a tad concerned about the lack of movement up front.

I will say I thought Haywood was almost purposefully calling plays that he thought might not be successful - so that he could work on stuff and get an idea of what he can go to later on. Very litte "bread and butter" called outside of the FB dive.

Williams looked great IMO. The Frosh also looked good.

There are many things to be excited about, but I was just giving an honest report, and Belfry did not have a great deal of success running the ball.
PaytoPlay Wrote:To respond to Cuppett. I know my post looked a bit pessimistic in the midst of all of the optimism. I am optimistic too! I saw some good things for sure out there Friday.

BUT, if anyone who watched the scrimmage is honest, Belfry did get flat out stuffed on the vast majority of their running plays. Just the facts, and I think you have to be a tad concerned about the lack of movement up front.

I will say I thought Haywood was almost purposefully calling plays that he thought might not be successful - so that he could work on stuff and get an idea of what he can go to later on. Very litte "bread and butter" called outside of the FB dive.

Williams looked great IMO. The Frosh also looked good.

There are many things to be excited about, but I was just giving an honest report, and Belfry did not have a great deal of success running the ball.

thats what we want is honesty, why lie and give false hope just for ur favorite team....i know the line needs work as does other areas...
I watched the scrimmage,it was a chance for the staff to look at a lot of different players.It was clear from the start that the pirates were more interested at everyone getting a few reps than winning.there were alot of mistakes from the young players as was to be expected,but make no mistake this Pirate team has alot of skill players that just needs reps...they'll be just fine.
This Pirate team will be fine, but I wouldn't be suprised if this team is almost exactly like the team from last year. Start off really slow, have a couple of upsets, then by seasons end be hitting there prime
only two things i saw that could be a problem for belfry, one they put the ball on the ground way to much. two, a lack of intensity from the o-line, fix the fumbles and the backfield is top notch. the o-line with so many fighting for a role was really a let down. must raise their playing level. the d was solid, looks like #10 is going to be a headhunter, and need to improve on the edge. where is #22?, he is one i was looking forward to see, he has really been hustling in practice
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:only two things i saw that could be a problem for belfry, one they put the ball on the ground way to much. two, a lack of intensity from the o-line, fix the fumbles and the backfield is top notch. the o-line with so many fighting for a role was really a let down. must raise their playing level. the d was solid, looks like #10 is going to be a headhunter, and need to improve on the edge. where is #22?, he is one i was looking forward to see, he has really been hustling in practice

For one thing they know it is a Hazard scrimmage game this was no
different then any other scrimmage we have ever had when they come
out Friday they will have the intensity they will make mistakes but so
will P-purg should be a good first game. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:only two things i saw that could be a problem for belfry, one they put the ball on the ground way to much. two, a lack of intensity from the o-line, fix the fumbles and the backfield is top notch. the o-line with so many fighting for a role was really a let down. must raise their playing level. the d was solid, looks like #10 is going to be a headhunter, and need to improve on the edge. where is #22?, he is one i was looking forward to see, he has really been hustling in practice

Thanks for asking about him...... he HAS been working hard and you will get to see him in a few more weeks!! Smile He is anxious to get back out at it and wants to be able to do what needs to be done to help the Pirates both this season and next!! Thanks again!:thanks:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
does Hazard Scrimage Rockcastle
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:does Hazard Scrimage Rockcastle

Yes. Hazard and Rockcastle scrimmages this Thursday, August 19, at Hazard's Daniel Field.
What time does the Rockcastle Co. scrimmage start?