Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup Recruiting News
jakelegg Wrote:Young Mr. Jackson has not played any varsity sports yet at Greenup. He could return at any time and be eligible at Ramland. Better question is why the GC psuedo AD has not filled out transfer papers on Jackson. Why drag your feet trying to get the key to the season on the court? Something in the wood pile me thinks hmmmmmm

I thought the transfer rule was 1 year from enrollment.
LionEagle Wrote:I thought the transfer rule is 1 year from enrollment regaurdless if he came back or not.

Up until that kid plays in a varsity sport he or she can transfer BACK to thier home school (or the school that they transfered from). Once the kid plays a second of a varsity sport he or she is locked into that school.
This is all a moot point anyway. Were almost a 9 weeks into school with no paper work for Jackson filed with KHSAA. This means something is going on thats not right. My opinion is that Jackson will not be eligible. IF everything is not on the up and up I think the jealous parents at GC will turn Jackson in that is if they havent already done something. They DO NOT want him at GC. When the little icecube is going to have to earn playing time strange things are going to happen. Enough said.
jakelegg Wrote:Up until that kid plays in a varsity sport he or she can transfer BACK to thier home school (or the school that they transfered from). Once the kid plays a second of a varsity sport he or she is locked into that school.

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't Jeremy Barr play football for Raceland then transferred to Greenup to play baseball the same school year? If so, how was he eligible to play baseball at Greenup?
He apparently had a legal change of address. Thats the key. IF Jackson had a legal change of address he is golden. IF their just trying to give an address that he is not living full time at he is had. You can bet that some GC parents are setting out in front of all addresses with cameras in hand seeing which house Darius leaves home from EVERY morning.
jakelegg Wrote:He apparently had a legal change of address. Thats the key. IF Jackson had a legal change of address he is golden. IF their just trying to give an address that he is not living full time at he is had. You can bet that some GC parents are setting out in front of all addresses with cameras in hand seeing which house Darius leaves home from EVERY morning.

Kids transferring from one school to another is just getting ridiculous. I thought it was bad when I was living in the area. It is nothing compared to what is happening now and for all the wrong reasons. I wish Raceland, Russell and Greenup administrators get together set firm boundaries to what the district lines are to avoid all these messes.
I don't think the kids at Greenup had any idea what the banner was for , just a bunch of gets getting wild after a win. I would have done the same when young a big rival game and all. I do think it's a shame Greenup will not sign a contract to play Raceland the next two years. That shows what Greenup parents and players are up against when egos play a part.
Transfer rule is one year out of play at a KHSAA school, no matter if they played at School A in KHSAA in 08-09 and attended that school but didn't play in 09-10, if they transfer to school B in 10-11 then they are immediately eligiible.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Transfer rule is one year out of play at a KHSAA school, no matter if they played at School A in KHSAA in 08-09 and attended that school but didn't play in 09-10, if they transfer to school B in 10-11 then they are immediately eligiible.

Say they played soccer last year that ended in the fall then never ran track or played softball in the spring and transfered at the first of this year without moving when would they be eligible?
So, I'm new, and was just reading this thread out of curosity. First off... Sutton I'm pretty sure was offered a basketball position and turned it down.. So no harm done to him there. And with the gym issue with the football team, how can you get all huffy on Copley if he did what he was supposed to and filled out his paperwork? I'm pretty sure that last summer some practices got cancelled because of the heat index and he just wanted to make sure he could work his players this season if that happend again. Thirdly, Wright was not supporting the hiring of Nickel, and he had no part with that decision. But, even if he did what is wrong with someone who has their kid in the feeder system to want to be curious as to whats going on. And with the signs at the Raceland game, yes it was wrong, but the boys and coaches have already apologized. Drop it... its a dead horse by now. Both teams have lost kids tragically over the past couple years, we know its a tragedy, but isn't making such a big deal out of it and yelling at each other over puclic forums setting an even worse example for all the players?
One year from the date of enrollment at the new school
LionEagle Wrote:Say they played soccer last year that ended in the fall then never ran track or played softball in the spring and transfered at the first of this year without moving when would they be eligible?

No it goes by school year, not like college in that aspect of last date played.

When eligible thru KHSAA you are not eligible for a sport yo uare either eligible or not for hte school year.

So if they played any sport during the 2009-2010 at a KHSAA school and not have a legal change of residence they are in-eligible for 2010-2011 at another school Now they can stay at the school they played at in 09-10 and not play in 10-11 any sport then move in 11-12 and be immediately eligible due to the fact that they didn't participate in a varsity sport during the 10-11 year
I heard the boys and coaches were finally having open gym or conditioning. Guess they got Copleys permission to use the gym (just kidding LOL). Has anyone heard if thats true and if it is are all the players attending. Im assuming that this would be mandatory.
jakelegg Wrote:I heard the boys and coaches were finally having open gym or conditioning. Guess they got Copleys permission to use the gym (just kidding LOL). Has anyone heard if thats true and if it is are all the players attending. Im assuming that this would be mandatory.
Open gym mandatory? Really?
If its conditioning for the upcoming season I would assume it would be mandatory? Why work some and not the others. In my opinion that would cause team division before the first jump ball is thrown up. Back in the day if you didnt condition you didnt play.
OU812 Wrote:Open gym mandatory? Really?

Winter conditioning for football is "mandatory" unless you are playing another sport at the time. Pretty sure that is common in GC like it is down here.........just sayin'. So, why wouldn't open gym for basketball be "mandatory", especially when it is almost October?
So does anyone know if all the boys are out? There was a lot of talk bout this one or that one not playing this summer. I thought things might have changed a little or not?