Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Pause 14th Region Preview
I didn't realize he had missed that much time.
It would be almost impossible to make a top 10 list that way.

I think Noble missed a lot of time last year, too, or maybe all season.
Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Josh Whitaker
3. Jordan Amis
4. Stuart Stamper
5. BJ Combs
6. Matt Day
7. Chris Noble
8. Justin Taulbee
9. Devon Evans
10 Tyler Mullins
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I disagree. All KCC lost was Buttermilk and Amburgey. They return everyone else if I'm not mistaken. PCC lost the heart of their team, Klay Maggard along with Deron Amis and others.

Maggard was a big lost but PCC reloaded with the addition of Martain from Hazard and Josh Salyers moving in from the sixth man these two should make up for the 15pts and 8 rebounds that Maggard got. Mullins has moved his game up big time. With Buttermilk gone and Raff. kid not playing they have no inside what so ever. Noble is by far the best shooter in the 14th and he is also plays the best defense in the 14th. No disrespect to KCC or Cox and Stamper but player for player noway does KCC compare with PCC. JMO:rockon:
i was told the other day at the sportsplex, knott was practicing while a bunch of perrys ball players went to play some pick up games against each other since they couldnt at there because of it being closed. after knott got done practicing there whole team stayed to watch perry and then tyler mullins went off. i heard he had around 10 dunks and all knott countys players could do was drop there jaws and stare at his amazing capabilties. kcc is already feared of pcc.
well breathitt has a good solid team justin taulbee can dunk it ne way he wants to dunk it dakota ritchie is a great player he can take u in side and out side justin taulbee can also take u 1 on 1 and score at ne time he wants also he can shoot the 3 ball too so be looking out for breathitt
The Commodores are going to be a team that is dangerous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
kryptonite Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams
1. Knott Central
2. Perry County
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Leslie
8. Owsley
9. Powell
10. Wolfe

Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Stuart Stamper
3. Josh Whitaker
4. Matt Day
5. Jordan Amis
6. Chris Noble
7. Dakota Richie
8. Deron Terrill
9. Justin Taulbee
10 Clint Stepp

Let the debate begin!!:argue:

The Courier-Journal list was pretty close.

Teams: 1. Knott County Central, 2. Perry County Central, 3. Hazard, 4. Breathitt County, 5. Buckhorn, 6. Letcher County Central, 7. Leslie County, 8. Powell County, 9. Owsley County, 10. Wolfe County.

Players: 1. Tate Cox (Knott County Central), 2. Josh Whitaker (Hazard), 3. Stuart Stamper (Knott County Central), 4. Justin Taulbee (Breathitt County), 5. Jordan Amis (Perry County Central), 6. Dakota Ritchie (Breathitt County), 7. Matt Day (Buckhorn), 8. Pedro Sierra (Jackson City), 9. Tyler Mullins (Perry County Central), 10. Chris Noble (Perry County Central).
Here is my opinion:
Teams
1. Perry Central
2. Knott Central
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Wolfe
8. JBS
9. LEE
10. Cordia
11. Owsley
12. Leslie
13. Powell
14. Estill
15. Jackson City
16. Jenkins
17. Riverside

Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Josh Whitaker
3. Jordan Amis
4. Stuart Stamper
5. Chris Noble
6. Justin Taulbee
7. Dakota Ritchie
8. Clint Stepp
9. Travis Terry
10 Matt Day
There's no way Noble is in the top 10 he has not played in 2-years his uncle Doug took him out when he took him to Owsley.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Okay.:popcorn:

1. Tate Cox, Knott County Central
2. Josh Whitaker, Hazard
3. Stuart Stamper, Knott County Central
4. Jordan Amis, Perry County Central
5. Chris Noble, Perry County Central
6. Matt Day, Buckhorn
7. Devan Evans, Owsley County
8. Kenton Roberts, Estill County
9. Dakota Ritchie, Breathitt County
10. Nick Noble, Breathitt County

Noble has not played in 2-years because of the great M.S. coach Doug he has took noble out of basketball.:igiveup:
heaven44 Wrote:Maggard was a big lost but PCC reloaded with the addition of Martain from Hazard and Josh Salyers moving in from the sixth man these two should make up for the 15pts and 8 rebounds that Maggard got. Mullins has moved his game up big time. With Buttermilk gone and Raff. kid not playing they have no inside what so ever. Noble is by far the best shooter in the 14th and he is also plays the best defense in the 14th. No disrespect to KCC or Cox and Stamper but player for player noway does KCC compare with PCC. JMO:rockon:

Salyers is one of the best big-men in the region. Noble said that Salyers couldn't help his team at Breathitt this year what is this man thinking? :dontthink
I hope to see Breathitt Co be more competive this year, I think the talent is there were going to have to show it on the score board. I look for Nick Noble have a break out year this year.
wood_chuck Wrote:matt day and taulbee in the top 10? i dont think so. especially putting day 4th. hes not even the best player on his team, stidham is.

Matt Day with 23 points and 17 rebounds against South Laurel. He doesn't belong in the top 10?
Looks like Perry Central has the toughest schedule.
I saw Day get 23 points and 15 rebounds tonight.
He looks like the best player on the team to me.

Does anyone still think there are 10 players better than him in the 14th Region?
I don't think so.
taulbee scored 26 points against hazard and 28 against jbs and 22 against letcher and u all dont think he belongs in the top 10 wat is wrong with u ppl
They are too embarrassed to answer.
I did not know who Taulbee from Breathitt was until they played at LCC last night. He is a tremendous athlete. He blocked two shots pinning them to the backboard. One of them he pinned was with most of the ball above the rim.
High Sheriff Wrote:I did not know who Taulbee from Breathitt was until they played at LCC last night. He is a tremendous athlete. He blocked two shots pinning them to the backboard. One of them he pinned was with most of the ball above the rim.

Tyler Mullins does that a few times every game.
Perry looked tough last night against Louisville Central.
Mullins actually looked agressive for once....
when he plays like that they are dangerous
Pretty solid list, move Whitaker in front of Stamper though..
when i see matt day put up big #s and get a W against one of the top 14th region teams, then i will say hes a top 14th region player. i know he done good against south laurel, but besides st john, they dont have any one good.
wood_chuck Wrote:when i see matt day put up big #s and get a W against one of the top 14th region teams, then i will say hes a top 14th region player. i know he done good against south laurel, but besides st john, they dont have any one good.

Well, they play Perry Central Jan 2, so that should answer some questions. But I don't necessarily think Buckhorn has to win the game to give Day credibility. It wouldn't be impossible for Tate Cox and KCC to go winless against Hazard or PCC and it it wouldn't be impossible for Josh Whitaker and Hazard to go winless against KCC or PCC. Would that mean those two are not top 10 players? I don't think so. By the way, wonder why Buckhorn doesn't play KCC?
Aslan Wrote:Tyler Mullins does that a few times every game.

good thing he can do that cuz its all he is good at. i would let him shoot mid-range shots all day. played against him over the summer and i wasn't impressed at all.

and too all the martin comments-martin is good, but he isn't a game changer. he's not gonna be a person you can give the ball to at the end of the game and expect him to carry you. so there goes that. to sum it up, noble is the best player on the team. without him they would be lost. so basically KCC is the #1 team and will be the #1 team until someone proves otherwise. so you can say this team should be there or whatever. but until this "stacked" and "unbeatable" perry central team beats them, pcc will remain in the 2nd place spot. so get over it.
memphistiger Wrote:good thing he can do that cuz its all he is good at. i would let him shoot mid-range shots all day. played against him over the summer and i wasn't impressed at all.

and too all the martin comments-martin is good, but he isn't a game changer. he's not gonna be a person you can give the ball to at the end of the game and expect him to carry you. so there goes that. to sum it up, noble is the best player on the team. without him they would be lost. so basically KCC is the #1 team and will be the #1 team until someone proves otherwise. so you can say this team should be there or whatever. but until this "stacked" and "unbeatable" perry central team beats them, pcc will remain in the 2nd place spot. so get over it.

You must not know much about basketball to say something like this, Mullins has the talent to be the best in the 14 region. Amis is the leader of this team and all 5 players comm. each other real well. They don't have a ballhog on their team, and as for winning KCC is the one that hasn't beat PCC dating back to last yr. in the region tourn. when the great Cox, and stamper was shut down.:lmao:
memphistiger Wrote:good thing he can do that cuz its all he is good at. i would let him shoot mid-range shots all day. played against him over the summer and i wasn't impressed at all.

LOL you crack me up. You really have no idea what your talking about. If your not impressed with Tyler then I wonder how unimpressed people are with you when you try your heart out in a pick up game.
You said this same crap last year, and Perry beat Knott 3/4 games. I expect similar results this year.
I love how every single 14th region thread turns into a KCC/PCC thread. Get over yourselves, already. Last I heard, Hazard was the 2 time defending regional champion.
And poor old Tyler Mullins gets dragged into every single one of them. Leave the poor kid alone, unless one of you is Tyler or his family. He seems like a good kid and is one of the top college prospects in the region whether people like it or not.

If he played for Knott I bet you would think different.