Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Pause 14th Region Preview
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams
1. Knott Central
2. Perry County
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Leslie
8. Owsley
9. Powell
10. Wolfe

Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Stuart Stamper
3. Josh Whitaker
4. Matt Day
5. Jordan Amis
6. Chris Noble
7. Dakota Richie
8. Deron Terrill
9. Justin Taulbee
10 Clint Stepp

Let the debate begin!!:argue:
matt day and taulbee in the top 10? i dont think so. especially putting day 4th. hes not even the best player on his team, stidham is.
Can anyone explain to me how Owlsey and Powell County got put in the top ten?
leecoukfan Wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Owlsey and Powell County got put in the top ten?

Idk how they are infront of Wolfe either.
Who wrote the article for the Pause?
leecoukfan Wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Owlsey and Powell County got put in the top ten?

im wondering the same thing.....theres no way there a top 10 team
In the past it has been a writer from out of the region who calls selective coaches.
or insiders.
I don't like this top ten at all. I don't know how everyone else feels about this top ten but it doesn't look right to me. My top ten would be:
1. Knott Central
2. Perry Central
3. Hazard
4. Letcher Central
5. Buckhorn
6. Breathitt
7. Leslie
8. Wolfe
9.June Buchanan
10. Owsley
leecoukfan Wrote:I don't like this top ten at all. I don't know how everyone else feels about this top ten but it doesn't look right to me. My top ten would be:
1. Knott Central
2. Perry Central
3. Hazard
4. Letcher Central
5. Buckhorn
6. Breathitt
7. Leslie
8. Wolfe
9.June Buchanan
10. Owsley

Owsley does have some good senior leadership but i really dont know whether they're a top ten team or not there's several teams that could be in the ten spot . I would love to know who did these rankings for the cats pause and i would like to see how this person has the whole region ranked 1-17
Read the story.
It's a coaches poll.
Perry should be in front of Knott
king360 Wrote:Perry should be in front of Knott

I disagree. All KCC lost was Buttermilk and Amburgey. They return everyone else if I'm not mistaken. PCC lost the heart of their team, Klay Maggard along with Deron Amis and others.
I think it's a pretty solid list...
the bottom few spots I don't really agree with...but you're just nit-picking at that point
The top 3 teams are the ones to look out for.....and everyone knows it
IMO Chris Noble is ahead of Jordan Amis just because of what he does on defense, but hey both of them are good players
I don't know if I would put Matt Day 4th....I would probably go 4.Noble 5.Day 6.Amis
IMO Tyler Mullins should have definitely been a Top 10 player this year.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I disagree. All KCC lost was Buttermilk and Amburgey. They return everyone else if I'm not mistaken. PCC lost the heart of their team, Klay Maggard along with Deron Amis and others.

Knott showed nothing in the post seaon last year..getting beat in their district by letcher and losing in the 1st roung of region to PERRY CENTRAL, who i know has lost some players but picked up martin from hazard..and I think Perry should be the #1 team
Gibberish Wrote:IMO Tyler Mullins should have definitely been a Top 10 player this year.

I agree completely.
Gibberish Wrote:IMO Tyler Mullins should have definitely been a Top 10 player this year.

Yea I kinda thought that too.
kryptonite Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams
1. Knott Central
2. Perry County
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Leslie
8. Owsley
9. Powell
10. Wolfe

Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Stuart Stamper
3. Josh Whitaker
4. Matt Day
5. Jordan Amis
6. Chris Noble
7. Dakota Richie
8. Deron Terrill
9. Justin Taulbee
10 Clint Stepp

Let the debate begin!!:argue:

And this could possibly be the worst player rankings i've ever seen

:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:And this could possibly be the worst player rankings i've ever seen

Who doesn't belong in the top 10?
This article from cats pause needs to be thrown out and a totally new top ten for the teams and the players needs to be made!
I don't know how Owsley's Devan Evans could be left off the top 10 list. He is one of the quickest players in the region and can be lethal from long range. He's better than a few of the players listed imo.
Most of you sound like homers.
Put your top 10 out there.
palmer Wrote:Most of you sound like homers.
Put your top 10 out there.
Okay.:popcorn:

1. Tate Cox, Knott County Central
2. Josh Whitaker, Hazard
3. Stuart Stamper, Knott County Central
4. Jordan Amis, Perry County Central
5. Chris Noble, Perry County Central
6. Matt Day, Buckhorn
7. Devan Evans, Owsley County
8. Kenton Roberts, Estill County
9. Dakota Ritchie, Breathitt County
10. Nick Noble, Breathitt County
Here is my opinion:
Teams
1. Perry Central
2. Knott Central
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Wolfe
8. JBS
9. LEE
10. Cordia
11. Owsley
12. Leslie
13. Powell
14. Estill
15. Jackson City
16. Jenkins
17. Riverside

Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Josh Whitaker
3. Jordan Amis
4. Stuart Stamper
5. Chris Noble
6. Devon Evans
7. Tyler Mullins
8. Clint Stepp
9. Justin Taulbee
10 Matt Day
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Here is my opinion:
Teams
1. Perry Central
2. Knott Central
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Letcher
7. Wolfe
8. JBS
9. LEE
10. Cordia
11. Owsley
12. Leslie
13. Powell
14. Estill
15. Jackson City
16. Jenkins
17. Riverside

Players
1. Tate Cox
2. Josh Whitaker
3. Jordan Amis
4. Stuart Stamper
5. Chris Noble
6. Devon Evans
7. Tyler Mullins
8. Clint Stepp
9. Justin Taulbee
10 Matt Day

I think you should be working for cats pause because these look alot better and about dead on what the rankings should be!
One poll has nine of the same 10 teams the Cats Pause picked and the other has eight.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't know how Owsley's Devan Evans could be left off the top 10 list. He is one of the quickest players in the region and can be lethal from long range. He's better than a few of the players listed imo.

Owsley was 7-16 last year and the school didn't report any stats to the KHSAA.

It's kind of hard to get much recognition that way.
palmer Wrote:Owsley was 7-16 last year and the school didn't report any stats to the KHSAA.

It's kind of hard to get much recognition that way.
Evans played the first 2 games of the season last year (which he scored over 30 in both), left school and didn't return until late January. He's a good player but I guess you're right. He didn't get much exposure last year due to missing too much of the season.