Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What OTHER Team Do You Cheer For?
Montgomery County

Mayfield (when not playing Tilghman)

Fort Campbell - Because I admire their discipline and work ethic.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What other high school football team do you silently cheer for other than your favorite school?

I'm a big Belfry Pirate fan, outside of being a Prestonsburg fan. Been to atleast one Pirate game since '01.

always a pirate, always pull for mountan schools, but my fav. would have to be p-burg blackcats, to many good clean battles, not to. with three pirate alum. oaching in the mountans have to pull for them also. i still think its funny johnson central wants to be a football school so bad. and im sure they will with matney. but when they play real football schools like boyle last week they see theyre still looking through the window. note the word CLEAN BATTLES when talking about p-burg, sometimes the differance between good and great is the class you come onto the field with and leave with win or lose.some wanna be schools should take heed to this. i would like to see painsville get back to where they use to be, and shelby valley start doing well.
im a die hard EAST RIDGE WARRIOR BUT I ALSO LIKE JENKINS
NS
hawg laig Wrote:Favorite teams-P-burg, South Floyd, Betsy Layne
Backup teams-Belfy-Phillip Haywood P-burg grad and the greatest coach ever
Harrison Co.-Aaron Stepp P-burg grad head coach
Powell Co.-Tony Burchett-P-burg grad head coach
Are there any other P-burg grads coaching in the state?? May use to coach at Ballard but I think he retired.

Former Pikeville coach Royce Mayo is a P-burg alumnus. Though not alumni, Bill Letton and Charles "Chuke" Williams initial head coaching jobs were with the Blackcats.

Now that you mention it, Prestonsburg is kind of a coaching cradle.

My fav. teams (besides P-burg) in no specific order:

- Lawrence Co.
- Paintsville
- Valley (in Jefferson Co.)
- Belfry
- Breathitt Co.
- Raceland
- Sheldon Clark
- Johnson Central (TRYING to like them...LOL)
I cheer for any mountain team when they are not playing Bell Co. But I tend to pull for the county schools more than the city schools. Seems that they have more obstacles, such as a 45+ minute bus ride just to get to school. Not to mention the sacrifices made to do anything extra-curricular.
I like to root for who ever is the underdog. Since im from Rockcastle, I like to watch madison southern play. they may not be the greatest team. but they play with there heart.
Gilbert High School in Mingo Co. WV.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I like to root for who ever is the underdog. Since im from Rockcastle, I like to watch madison southern play. they may not be the greatest team. but they play with there heart.

Hilbily Wrote:Used to be Wheelright lol!!! LCC is my team but i really like Rockastle and Somerset! P-Burg is also on my list.

Thanks to both of you for cheering Rockcastle. I enjoy a win for McCreary county and Metcalfe county because I have friends at LWC who are alumni. Also McCreary is always a talented team that just can't "climb the hurdle" so to speak.
Other than Knox Central, I support Bell Co. and Whitley Co.
Hazard... But in the playoffs all the teams from SEKY, that make it.
When not cheering for Boyle County, I cheer for Danville. GO TITLE TOWN!
Besides Lawrence County, I am a fan of Prestonsburg and Belfry.
I'm diehard Paintsville. Other than that,(and I know I'm gonna get burned for this) I have friends that have kids on JC's team, so I root for them when they don't play us.
i am a sheldon clark fan but i like to see prestonburg and maggofin county do good.
i also pull for belfry when they go to state which is very often lol
Corbin & Somerset
allthe mountain schools when they are not playing bell.would like to see five state champions in the mountains this year.
i've always had a soft spot for Greenup County and Fairview. i have no idea why.
I have to Cheer for Prestonsburg because my nephew plays for them, and I also like South Floyd because that use to be home. Besides that if a mountain team is playing a school from the city then I usually cheer for them to do well. Lets go mountains and get 5 state titles this year.
I forgot Pikeville...Smile
Being a graduate of Belfry, I HAVE to cheer for them! With family in Rowan and Adair, I cheer for the Vikings and Indians also. Needless to say, game nights are busy.