Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What OTHER Team Do You Cheer For?
What other high school football team do you silently cheer for other than your favorite school?

I'm a big Belfry Pirate fan, outside of being a Prestonsburg fan. Been to atleast one Pirate game since '01.
Im a Big Shelby Valley Fan, but i also love watching Belfry,but i must say Breathitt County would have to be my favorite team besides SV.
Hhs & ncc
I don't know if I would say cheer, but i want P'burg, Pikeville, and Johnson Central to do well, and I pull for Coach Hager and the Cards when they are not playing the 'Bucs.
bucslover68 Wrote:I don't know if I would say cheer, but i want P'burg, Pikeville, and Johnson Central to do well, and I pull for Coach Hager and the Cards when they are not playing the 'Bucs.

I will agree with this and add Shelby Valley now with a former Pirate at the helm as well.
other than Estill Co., im a big fan of Breathitt Co., Bell Co., Highlands, Lexington Catholic, Shelby Valley
Campbell County and whoever plays Ryle.:rockon:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Campbell County and whoever plays Ryle.:rockon:

Being that I am pulling for my Camels I certainly agree. Though I won't necessarily say that the Camel/Ryle games are necessarily a Rival yet, it is a game that the Camel faithful desperately wants to win. And conversely, looks forward to their losses :biggrin:
Of course LCC...but others include.......
Jenkins
Belfry
All mountain schools against other areas..and love the small schools.....
Outside of my hometown team I cheer for coach Hager Big Grin
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Danville and Somerset. I have a great respect for Belfry- I have been to one of their games at least, usually more for a long time.
I generally support most of the mountain schools, aside from Bell, I think of them as I do Tennessee. And that's not too good!
I'm die hard Paintsville.

Other than the Tigers, I cheer for Phelps (my buddy Jesse Peck is head coach) when they aren't playin us, East Ridge (my buddy Brad Allen is head coach), Prestonsburg when we aren't playin them. I always cheer for mountain teams when they play teams from down state that aren't in the mountains.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Used to be Wheelright lol!!! LCC is my team but i really like Rockastle and Somerset! P-Burg is also on my list.
Belfry
Phelps
East Ridge
Pike Central
Breathitt County
Johnson Central
Hopkinsville and who ever is playing against Christian County...:bigeyed:
Besides Pikeville I cheer for.....Ahh Who am i kidding.....GO PANTHERS!!!!! LOL!
I live and coach in Carroll County but I will always be an Elkhorn City Cougar. So, go East Ridge.
Aside from Prestonsburg, I like seeing Belfry and Johnson Central do well.
Favorite teams-P-burg, South Floyd, Betsy Layne
Backup teams-Belfy-Phillip Haywood P-burg grad and the greatest coach ever
Harrison Co.-Aaron Stepp P-burg grad head coach
Powell Co.-Tony Burchett-P-burg grad head coach
Are there any other P-burg grads coaching in the state?? May use to coach at Ballard but I think he retired.
Besides Raceland, I like to see Russell do well. Since I live in Shelbyville and my kids go to Shelby Co. schools, I also root for Shelby Co.
I am first and foremost a Paintsville Tiger Fan...

but, as long as we aren't playing them.... I would have to say the Blackcats.
of course, BELFRY, then all the mountain teams, and now since i am back where i grew up,MADISONVILLE NORTH, and the schools around here,as along as they dont play the pirates....
Belfry, I have tons of respect for Coach Haywood and his program.

Sheldon Clark same as above. I think Hagger does things the right way, much like Haywood.

Fort Campbell When you consider the situations those military kids are in you have cheer for them.
Bell County, Highlands
1. Bell County Bobcats
Others- Knox Central (mostly because of Coach Mills), Whitley County, Sheldon Clark, and Belfry.
I always cheer for Lawrence County first, but I like watching all the teams in the mountains play and up towards ashland, greenup,russel,fairview and even Ohio teams and West Virginia. I just love watching football in general, I will watch any team around here play.
Mayfield primarily then graves county Paducah tilghman and im a big Danville fan also and i watch somerset scores as i have a high school friend who moved thee.
I cheer for all the local kids in Campbellsville (Taylor Co. and Campbellsville) as well as the regional kids (Marion, Green, Boyle, Danville, ect...)
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Betsy layne
Scott co.
Ironton (started football career)
Admiral King, Lorain Co. Oh.

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]