Poll: Who do you think will win this matchup on Sept 4
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
86.36%
Tug Valley, WV
13.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Tug Valley (WV) 9/4
For some reason it doesnt show that we do play corbin. But we are. And it should be a good game. Its later on during the season. Maybe the switched Morgan County game to a Corbin game. Not sure but maybe.
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:For some reason it doesnt show that we do play corbin. But we are. And it should be a good game. Its later on during the season. Maybe the switched Morgan County game to a Corbin game. Not sure but maybe.

Dont think it would be switched for Morgan thats a district game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Tug Valley is so terrible then why would Valley schedule them?

lol have you seen theire schedule this year ? if not you should view it the entire season is pretty much this type of a game with only a few not being... this will not help valley any towards the playoff and adding that p-burg will mop the floor when they play
3Altor5 Wrote:Good Post hondo. Clintwood will be a great game, i do belive Clintwood and Corbin will be the best games on SV's Scheldule. Of course the exception of pburg and thats because there such great rivalries Wink

Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:For some reason it doesnt show that we do play corbin. But we are. And it should be a good game. Its later on during the season. Maybe the switched Morgan County game to a Corbin game. Not sure but maybe.

Corbin is not listed on Valley's schedule on the khsaa website. I suppose there may have been a late change, but if so, it wouldn't involve Morgan County. P-Burg, Bath, and Morgan are all district opponents and MUST be on the schedule. If anybody was dropped from the schedule, it would have to be Knott, Lawrence, Leslie, Clintwood, or East Ridge.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hondo Wrote:As far as the rest of the schedule, I don't really know anything about Leslie or Lawrence. But the one game that I believe will be a great oponent will be the Clintwood game, I have no details of what they have on that team, but they always seem to have a very good team.

Leslie had a rough year in 2008, and was blown out by Hazard in their only game this year. SV should be able to beat them.

Lawrence, on the other hand, was a much better team last year than their record would indicate. And in their only game this year they blew out Paintsville. So Valley will have their hands full with this one.

As for Clintwood, I don't know much about them either. But from what I found out from doing a little digging, is that they are a very strong team that may be a little out of SV's league.

The way I saw the season before it started:
- Likely wins: Tug Valley, Knott, Leslie, Morgan, East Ridge
- Likely losses: Clintwood, P-Burg
- Tossups: Pike Central, Lawrence, Bath

If this schedule is still accurate, I still say that SV's toughest games will be against Clintwood and P-Burg.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have not heard any talk of us playing Corbin...

The only schedule change I had heard about was a different opponent for this weekend, if Tug Valley wasn't able to play, but we are playing at Tug Valley tonight.

As far as i know, the schedule will preceed how it stands.