Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Tug Valley (WV) 9/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you pick to win this one?
Unfortunately Shelby Valley will blow then out IMO
Yup, ALL Valley in this one!
SV by 12
Valley wins this one by 3+ touchdowns.
with all respect to Tug Valley, i think this will be a blow out.

SV-66
TV-6
Shelby Valley will win this border war.
Shelby Valley by 22
Real Badman Wrote:Unfortunately Shelby Valley will blow then out IMO

Unfortunately? Why do you say that?
Shelby Valley will fly by this one.
Shelby Valley will name the score in this one. For the Wildcats to step their program up a notch, they need to get rid of this game. Coach Norman will find this out Friday night for himself. BTW, I got to meet him the first time this weekend and he is a nice guy. He really got on the refs some, but they might have deserved it. For the most part, he was fairly calm around his players and he got back to what was working, 4-5 yards at a time on the ground, when the passing game wasn't clicking after the first two TD passes.
I mean seriously, Tug Valley lost by like 70 in their only game, against a bad WV team.

last year Valley beat Tug by something near 60.

you guys saying 12 point win( what would give you that type of idea???)
The Iceboxx Wrote:I mean seriously, Tug Valley lost by like 70 in their only game, against a bad WV team.

last year Valley beat Tug by something near 60.

you guys saying 12 point win( what would give you that type of idea???)

If Tug Valley is so terrible then why would Valley schedule them?
Shelby Valley by as much as they want.
bucslover68 Wrote:For the Wildcats to step their program up a notch, they need to get rid of this game. Coach Norman will find this out Friday night for himself.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Tug Valley is so terrible then why would Valley schedule them?

Good question. I tend to agree with bucslover, this kind of game serves no benefit to Shelby Valley's players. If SV is going to continue the growth of their program, it needs to quit scheduling games against severely overmatched opponents.

I believe it is fair to say that SV is firmly entrenched as the #3 program in Pike County, behind Belfry and Pikeville. They have now beaten Pike Central the last four times they have played since 2005, and they have beaten East Ridge in all seven meetings since ER formed in 2002. But now it is time to make the next move toward becoming a strong program, and that means scheduling better.

I believe SV should schedule most of their games against teams that may have more overall talent, but that Valley could stay competitive with and possibly beat if things fell right. A good example is the game this year with Lawrence County. The best way for SV to improve is to test themselves against better competition.
Speaking of strong schedules; last year Valley played Breathit County away, Belfry away, Knox Central away, Middlesboro in the playoffs away, Prestonsburg (district game) at home.

I believe that is pretty tough competition. We lost all of these games, they no doubt made Valley a better team, the two negatives that result from such a tough schedule is the mental wear on these young kids of lossing, as well as the greater possiblility of injuries. And last year when you only have 25-30players on the team, if you loss one or two of your skill players to injuries, your entire season is in jeopardy.
valley
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Tug Valley is so terrible then why would Valley schedule them?

I think it was meant to be for this season to be saunder's last. And he set the schedule up for him to go 10-0, 9-1 or even 8-2.

But as you see things didnt go well and he got a offer he could not pass up

But i think valley will this one by 5TD's
Onelittlepig Wrote:I think it was meant to be for this season to be saunder's last. And he set the schedule up for him to go 10-0, 9-1 or even 8-2.

But as you see things didnt go well and he got a offer he could not pass up

But i think valley will this one by 5TD's

You are 100% right. This was Saunders games that he picked, not normans. Coach Norman said if he would of had the time he wouldnt of put this team and a few other teams on the schedule. Season isnt about going 10-0 its about playing the best teams u can find to make u better come playoff time....
Hondo Wrote:Speaking of strong schedules; last year Valley played Breathit County away, Belfry away, Knox Central away, Middlesboro in the playoffs away, Prestonsburg (district game) at home.

I believe that is pretty tough competition. We lost all of these games, they no doubt made Valley a better team, the two negatives that result from such a tough schedule is the mental wear on these young kids of lossing, as well as the greater possiblility of injuries. And last year when you only have 25-30players on the team, if you loss one or two of your skill players to injuries, your entire season is in jeopardy.

Excellent Post. A lot of good points here. And, as others have commented, this was Saunders' schedule. However, I don't think anyone should EVER underestimate a team. That said, I predict Valley will win by 4 touchdowns.

Go Wildcats!
SV
With all due respect to Tug Valley there is no way that Shelby Valley loses this game. TV has a new head coach again. They have between 15 to 20 players. They lost to Point Pleasant by 57 last week. Tug Valley's field is terrible. It is an absolute shame that kids have to play on it. If I was from SV I would make sure that everyone's ankles are taped before they head out.
Hondo Wrote:Speaking of strong schedules; last year Valley played Breathit County away, Belfry away, Knox Central away, Middlesboro in the playoffs away, Prestonsburg (district game) at home.

I know exactly who SV played last year. And at the time, I felt that the schedule was TOO hard last year. P-Burg and Middlesboro don't count because Valley didn't choose to play them, but the other three, especially Belfry and Breathitt Co, were just too much all at once.

Personally I don't think that getting blown out by 40 points in multiple games does any good at all. Whatever you might learn from seeing such good teams will be counteracted by the mental drain and loss of confidence that will result. If you read my post, I'm not suggesting that Valley go back to scheduling WAY over their head again either.

What I am suggesting, is to mostly schedule opponents who are at least as talented as SV, and maybe more, but not so much that SV wouldn't even have a chance of winning. That way, if they win, they'll have a victory they can really be proud of, but if they lose, it shouldn't be so bad as to wear their psyche down.

All I'm saying is there has to be a happy medium between scheduling the likes of Belfry and Breathitt one year, then Tug Valley the next. Shelby Valley needs to find that medium.
I really don't know how or why Tug Valley was scheduled last year... no doubt this was a two year home and home agreement

As far as the rest of the schedule, I don't really know anything about Leslie or Lawrence. But the one game that I believe will be a great oponent will be the Clintwood game, I have no details of what they have on that team, but they always seem to have a very good team.
Good Post hondo. Clintwood will be a great game, i do belive Clintwood and Corbin will be the best games on SV's Scheldule. Of course the exception of pburg and thats because there such great rivalries Wink
Corbin??? Did they pic up the redhounds? Plus Lawrence will be alot better than people think!
Yeap Clintwood and Corbin will be great games. And lawrence county will be a good game for us also. Lets hope we come out on top Smile
When does valley play corbin??? And where??
More Cowbell Wrote:Unfortunately? Why do you say that?

Because if the Shelby Valley folks want too be taken serious then they will be needing a tougher game then Tug Valley. Shelby Valley is about 4-5 TDs better then Tug. Anything less then Sv putting 35 on the board is a problem.
Maybe im blind....But I dindt see Corbin on there...

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb09/30326
Pages: 1 2