Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 21 East Carter 0
Good win for the Red Devils. Nice starter game. Team spirit was much better. But the Wing-T struggled I think. Some changes need to be made on the O Line. Not much yardage between the tackles. All the yardage was pitch and get outside in the 4th qtr. It was only 7 - 0 at half. Center & QB needs work, way to many bobbled snaps. Hutchinson needs to be moved back to center where he has been for 3 yrs. East Carter was much bigger but just could not get it together. Way to many holding calls from the guards. Sign of out of shape. I just call it like it is.
Still proud of my Devils and good beginning to get a look. Now the coaches NEED to make the adjustments and put the kids in position.
The Musketeers will be hungry next Sat. :devilflam:devilflam:devilflam
Well said! :Thumbs:

what changes do you see being made if any?
regarding yards in between the tackles the dives were very effective but the 22's and
23's were the plays that failed
The 22 & 23 ran well. But the 26 & 27 and Bootleg which is Ivan bread and butter was not very evective. That is why the turn to the pitches and Ivan does not like that. Every thing runs from the Wing-T and when you got tackles that can not hold a block or even forgets to block down it messes the whole thing up. Blockdown or kick out it is that simple and some forget ZZZZ. Hutchinson needs to be moved back to center where he has started for the last 3 years. Ends Dehoff, Davidson, Rogers, Marr or Kibbey LT, Peterman and Smith RT, Smith or Evans or Korzep LG, Evans or Korzep RG, Sparks or Dehoff QB, Rice, Jones, Reed, Thompson, Cooper, Korzep in backfield. May make some people unhappy but this would be best OF. D-fence was good and Korzep is a beast at noseguard. Smart moving Hutch and Peterman at the D-line. Secondary looked very well and LB's done good job. Some more rust needs chipped away but things looked awhole lot better.
our tackles IMO played pretty good are guards are the ones who need the work especially against even defenses and most long traps failed (28 & 29) because the on-side guards were blown back into the ones pulling
This thread needs some cheese.

26, 27 and boots are not run between the tackles. Those kids may foget to block down sometimes with a shifting front and blitzes comming from different spots but I bet they know where the holes are.

All of the of the lineman need to learn to sustain their blocks and the backs need to take the seam when it opens up and stop dancing in the hole. The biggest problems were the bobbled snaps and some really dumb penalties.
My bad. 26 & 27 are run off tackles. But if that tackle fails to block or sustain his block as you said it falls apart. Ivan wants the Wing-T run to perfection and he was clearly upset. Russell didnt get going until the 4th qtr and then it was outside and the guards started holding then came the flags and penalties. Russell D looked very impressive with some fine tuning they will be OK.
On a better note our J.V WOn tonight over East 46-0
red_devils_rule Wrote:On a better note our J.V WOn tonight over East 46-0
Pretty nice win and I doubt our freshman team will have any problem with east in a few days with 32 kids on the roster.
They do need to sustain there blocks but some of that is on the backs as well. The backs have to hit the seam and go and not try to force things. One of those holding calls was on the QB on a reverse.

I really thought they played decent on offense. They did rush for 300 yards but need to finish drives. The penalties and bobbled snaps were drive killers. Somebody needs to step up and take over the QB position and they will be fine.
Nice to see the JV did well.
Russell may be better than previously advertised
Surprising score for the Russell vs East freshman game

Russell 7

East Carter 6
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Surprising score for the Russell vs East freshman game

Russell 7

East Carter 6

Who is coaching the Freshman?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Surprising score for the Russell vs East freshman game

Russell 7

East Carter 6
Thats not surprising. East Carter had a pretty good 8th grade team last year.
congrats russel!
Beetle01 Wrote:Who is coaching the Freshman?
Buford Hurley