Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 21 East Carter 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Its here, FOOTBALL is officially here!!!!!!!!!! Good win tonight for Russell, although its not the team we usually see. Kinda slugish at first but the fourth quarter a rythme started to develope. I really like the back in the flat pass. YES PASS, kinda unorthadox for Russell but the play has potential. The kid from East Carter (1) has a leg and can kick the ball well. Good luck to East Carter you all played well. Good solid win RUSSELL!
Good game Red Devils now get ready to pound Greenup next week.:redboxer:
The final score really should have been much worse. Russell outgained East Carter 350 yards to 70. The raiders never crossed midfield until the last drive against the subs.

Roark seemed to have trouble with the center/qb exchange throughout the game. Bobbled snaps, stupid penalties and a couple of bad interceptions took points off the board for the Devils.

East Carter has one of the better Kickers/Punters in the state. The punt was by far their best weapon in this game.

All in all it was sloppy but the coaches got to look at alot of kids. Both teams should improve from it.

Travis Jones ended up with 170 yards on 21 carries. Will Rice had 60 yards and Jesse White-Reed had around 40.
I didnt get to make it to the game because Im working..... unfortunatley. lol. It sounds like Russell played well. 21-0? East Carters offense I thought was better then recent years. How did Russells defense play?
Nice game for Russell. The Russell defense looked good tonight and I would expect them to get much better as the season goes on. It was good to see Korzep sack the qb twice in the game on third down. As good as a turn over. Jones ran the ball hard and got a lot of yards after contact. I would not be surprised if he gets 1500 this year.

Good game Devils
Russell's defense was pretty good. I still don't now how good they are but they did look decent tonight. Korzep had some big sacks as did Petermen. The defensive line played pretty well. The offensive line needs some work staying on their blocks.
For the first game and not really knowing what East Carter has, I think we can say that the Russell defense looked decent with the potential to be really good. This team is only going to go as far as their defense carries them.

The offense needs a lot of work, but there was a lot of good mixed in between mishandled snaps, interceptions, fumbles, and holding penalties. Travis Jones and Will Rice ran very well and I like the burst of Jesse White-Reed.

Special teams looked pretty good. They executed the extra points and Nathan Taylor punted well. Coverage seemed to be alright as well.

I noticed a lot of positive interaction between players on the sidelines as well. Everyone seems to be more on the same page and encouraging each other along the way. I think this team has a lot of potential to improve throughout the season.
Congrats Russell
ryanparker Wrote:For the first game and not really knowing what East Carter has, I think we can say that the Russell defense looked decent with the potential to be really good. This team is only going to go as far as their defense carries them.

The offense needs a lot of work, but there was a lot of good mixed in between mishandled snaps, interceptions, fumbles, and holding penalties. Travis Jones and Will Rice ran very well and I like the burst of Jesse White-Reed.

Special teams looked pretty good. They executed the extra points and Nathan Taylor punted well. Coverage seemed to be alright as well.

I noticed a lot of positive interaction between players on the sidelines as well. Everyone seems to be more on the same page and encouraging each other along the way. I think this team has a lot of potential to improve throughout the season.

I like the attitude of the team as well.

Still not sure exactly how good they can be. East Carter has some good athletes on their team. Back is a very good player on the defensive side of the ball. The Raiders had decent size as well. We should get a good idea next week. We will see if they can cut down on all of the mistakes. The stats were were overwhelmingly in favor of Russell. They are going to have to sustain those drives and put some points on the board though.
Nice to see Russell with the better attitudes. This team will get better and should be really good for all the area teams this year. But all the area teams are down this year and even Johnson Central. Belfry even took one on the chinn. Russell team this year works hard Like I know they will and by playoffs will be fine.
Congrats Russell
East Carter / Russell

FIRST DOWNS................... 6 /20
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)...... 33-69 /46-292
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 6 /54
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 8-1-1 8-4-2
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 41-75 /54-346
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 /0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 0-0 /4-14
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 4-89 /0-0
Interception Returns-Yards.... 2-0 /1-0
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 7-41.9/ 4-32.0
Fumbles-Lost.................. 1-0 /2-1
Penalties-Yards............... 8-91/ 8-61
Possession Time............... 21:46/ 26:14
Third-Down Conversions........ 1 of 9/ 4 of 10
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 0 of 1/ 1 of 1
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 0-1 /3-3
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 0-0 /4-13

RUSHING: east carter-Darren Brammell 14-42; Tyler Back 8-20; Brett Cara 2-6; Cody Prichard
1-1; Kyle Smith 8-0. Russell-Travis Jones 21-170; Will Rice C 12-61; Jesse White 6-42; Zach Thompson
2-11; Jordan Roark 4-7; Brandon Sparks 1-1.

PASSING: east carter-Kyle Smith 1-6-1-6; Nick Kratzenbur 0-2-0-0. Russell-Jordan Roark
3-7-2-36; Brandon Sparks 1-1-0-18.

RECEIVING: east carter-Tanner Ashworth 1-6. Russell-Justin Davidson 2-22; Nathan Taylor 1-18;
Jesse White 1-14.

INTERCEPTIONS: east carter-Martin Staeb 1-0; Tanner Ashworth 1-0. Russell-Patrick Cooper 1-0.

FUMBLES: east carter-Kyle Smith 1-0. Russell-Travis Jones 1-1; Jesse White 1-0.

Stadium: Henry R. Evans Attendance: 3000
Kickoff time: 7:30 End of Game: 10:00 Total elapsed time: 2:30
I don't know where these stats come from, but there are not completly right.
4real Wrote:I don't know where these stats come from, but there are not completly right.
They came directly from here:http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevi...s/east.htm
How are they not right?
4real Wrote:I don't know where these stats come from, but there are not completly right.

If they are wrong then give us the right stats. I for one doubt that F-ball is wrong. Now there may be a type-O. What do you see that is wrong???
I failed to mention the very positive attitude from the players. As stated before the good attitude is back and the Devils are back to playing as a team. One thing that I saw that also impressed me was the defense played to the whistle. I feel they will get better and better as the weeks progress.
EaSt had a sack
Jeepman Wrote:I failed to mention the very positive attitude from the players. As stated before the good attitude is back and the Devils are back to playing as a team. One thing that I saw that also impressed me was the defense played to the whistle. I feel they will get better and better as the weeks progress.

I just hope the attitude remains the same regardless of the results. Last night was an easy night to keep spirits high because it was a shutout and a win. I think the good attitude will remain because I really think the leaders on this team are very good guys, but I'm sure it will be tested in the coming weeks.
4real Wrote:EaSt had a sack
I remember East getting a sack. Those are the stats from the Russell football website.

Maybe they were trying to forget it?
congrats russell
There were some more stats missing. I was impressed with the defense for Russell, somewhat suprised for such a small team. Definatly needs work with offense, (QB). Coaches should be making some changes on the O line. well done Russell.
Great Job Devils still work that needs to be done and it will come along with time,,

hey Fballer lol >>>> Jesse White-Green <<<< thats Reeds not green lol
That sack that you are talking about that east had doesn't count as a sack cause they spoted the ball back at the line so it will go as a tackle..
red_devils_rule Wrote:Great Job Devils still work that needs to be done and it will come along with time,,

hey Fballer lol >>>> Jesse White-Green <<<< thats Reeds not green lol

oops. I knew that.
If the ball is at the line or behind the line of scrimmage, that is a sack.
4real Wrote:If the ball is at the line or behind the line of scrimmage, that is a sack.

its only a sack if you tackle the quarteback back there if you tackle aball carrier its recorded as a tackle for loss
Russell 21 East Carter 0

East Carter 0- 0- 0- 0- -- 0
Russell 7- 0- 0- 14- -- 21

Scoring summary:
R--Travis Jones 1 run (Tanner Locey kick); R--Jones 4 run (Locey kick); R--Nathan Taylor 18 pass from Brandon Sparks (Locey kick).
Records: Russell 1-0, East Carter 0-1.
Russell 21, East Carter 0: Running back Travis Jones carried the ball 21 times for 176 yards and two touchdowns for the host Red Devils.

Fellow senior Will Rice added 62 yards on 12 carries for Russell.

Kentucky.com
Sorry im posting so late but great win for Russell, Now its time for Greenup.
Pages: 1 2