Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copley at Greenup
i know, right? Wrote:I talked to Copely the other day and he said he just wants to make it thru this year because he said he has a really hard schedule and not a lot of players!

make it thru this year?

Did Copley raise the :igiveup: for 2009?
Rumor has it that Tony Burchett will join Copley. If this is true than watch out in the coming years. Bugs might be the best offensive line Coach in the state when it comes to the veer offense.
Coach Copley will be a fantastic hire for GC...I only wish we could have landed him at LC where he belongs. Great people person with passion for winning.
Did he coach at Johnson Central last season? They've got a coach who has ran this offense for 32years as offense of line coach.
OK2NV Wrote:Rumor has it that Tony Burchett will join Copley. If this is true than watch out in the coming years. Bugs might be the best offensive line Coach in the state when it comes to the veer offense.
Its not a rumor its a fact.
How fast have Coach Burchett's linemen been in the past at Johnson Central and Lawrence County?
Fly By Night Wrote:How fast have Coach Burchett's linemen been in the past at Johnson Central and Lawrence County?

I thought Coach Burchett took the reigns at Powell County? Khsaa, even has him listed as the head coach of Powell Co. As for Burchett's linemen, quick pulling guards with big strong tackles and center.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I thought Coach Burchett took the reigns at Powell County? Khsaa, even has him listed as the head coach of Powell Co. As for Burchett's linemen, quick pulling guards with big strong tackles and center.
He is the head coach @ powell. I dont know what you are talking about with the lineman. In the veer/option ofense burchett is a expert in, a guard rarely (more like never pulls) & the tackle needs to be the speedy one not the guard.
There is much confusion as to how this offense operates.

I'll wait until 8/21 and watch for myself in Ashland.

Until then.

:yawn:
Kosar Wrote:He is the head coach @ powell. I dont know what you are talking about with the lineman. In the veer/option ofense burchett is a expert in, a guard rarely (more like never pulls) & the tackle needs to be the speedy one not the guard.

Johnson Central has had speedy guards under Matney, not tackles. Last season the guards were a converted fullback and a 175 lbs. kid. I promise you the 175 pounder wasn't there for his strength. My cousin played OT for Burchett at Lawrence Co. although nimble on his feet, he was moved to tackle because a knee injury slowed him. While Copley was at Paintsville with Chuke, running the veer, they moved a fullback to guard so he could pull. On option plays, no the guard didn't pull but quick toss and QB keepers the guard did pull in all three scenarios I mentioned above.

I was commented on Burchett because some make it sound as if he's at Greenup with Copley and I was just stating he's obviously not.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I was commented on Burchett because some make it sound as if he's at Greenup with Copley and I was just stating he's obviously not.

That would have been Kosar's previous comment from March.

"Its not a rumor its a fact."
Fly By Night Wrote:That would have been Kosar's previous comment from March.

"Its not a rumor its a fact."
It was fact. He was at all the spring practices. He left when he got the head coaching job.
How do the offensive linemen that Coach Burchett had in the past compare in speed and size to Greenup County's current offensive linemen?
Fly By Night Wrote:How do the offensive linemen that Coach Burchett had in the past compare in speed and size to Greenup County's current offensive linemen?
They dont compare, remember GC's line is terrible, its what you want to hear, so I will say it on this thread also just to shut you up.
Coupon21, you seem to have more time on your hands recently.

Maybe you could do some research and get back to us.

How does Greenup County's offense compare with Ironton's fullhouse backfield?

They run similar plays, but the blocking assignments and play design are different.
Fly By Night Wrote:Coupon21, you seem to have more time on your hands recently.

Maybe you could do some research and get back to us.

How does Greenup County's offense compare with Ironton's fullhouse backfield?

They run similar plays, but the blocking assignments and play design are different.
I dont know what you think you know. But with two kids, coaching 2 teams, a wife and a new job. I dont have time for your ignorant comparisons.
Coupon21

If you coach football Coach Copley will not want you coaching in the system if you are referring to his offensive line as terrible and using words such as ignorant to describe comparison questions by parents in the district.

Maybe you shouldn't coach at all.
Calm down fellas.
No emotions here.

It is interesting for fans such as myself to read about the great contributions that Coach Copley and his staff have implemented.

It appears to be offensive when a fan such as myself asks a question about certain aspects of the game.

In reality I am simply asking for basic information that seems to be secretive except to only those who are close to the program.

It is even more frustrating since there are no scrimmages in 2009.

Fans like me will have to wait until we visit Putnam Stadium in 20 days.
Fly By Night Wrote:No emotions here.

It is interesting for fans such as myself to read about the great contributions that Coach Copley and his staff have implemented.

It appears to be offensive when a fan such as myself asks a question about certain aspects of the game.

In reality I am simply asking for basic information that seems to be secretive except to only those who are close to the program.

It is even more frustrating since there are no scrimmages in 2009.

Fans like me will have to wait until we visit Putnam Stadium in 20 days.
Its not the questions, it is the constant banging away at the o-line question after question on every GC thread. I hope you are a fan but you keep saying things ,like people do not want to answer your line questions, the truth is nobody knows right now and constantly making slanted comments on this board about what everyone knows is going to be GC's biggest question mark, is not at all productive. If you have a personal problem with me, PM me. If you are truley a GC fan, then think about your posts a little more before you submit them. It looks bad, the only reason I even knew you were on here posting is because I have heard parents complaining about your posts, and please dont question my dedication to team and all GC sports, if you know me, and I think you do, you cant honestly believe that.
Fly By Night Wrote:Coupon21

If you coach football Coach Copley will not want you coaching in the system if you are referring to his offensive line as terrible and using words such as ignorant to describe comparison questions by parents in the district.

Maybe you shouldn't coach at all.
Dont take me being sarcastic and turn it around. I just cant figure out your agenda here. I'm with Kosar, why do you keep picking and picking and picking.
Kosar, I know you and would never doubt your dedication and loyalty to Greenup Co. sports. Thanks for all you do.........FBN, if your intentions are truly innocent then I appoligize, but they have really been suspect.
Our schools teach children to ask questions in order to learn information.

If the veer/belly offense is going to work then the offensive line must be ready. Questions pertaining to those positions still remain.

Possibles from the 2008 roster who finished the season and are likely to play.

JJ Caudill #50 (Jr)
John Sparks #55 (So)
Shawn Blaylock #56 (Sr)
Cody Williams #57 (So)
Nick Tackett #58 (So)
Jeff Sparks #60 (So)
Jacob Abrams #62 (Jr)
Jeff Cooley #63 (So)
Cole Potter #64 (Jr)
Tyler Brown #73 (So)

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/trG...roster.htm

There are 10 offensive linemen returning from 2008. What other additions are there for the 2009 team?

If the 4-3 defense is going to work, then you need quick and strong defensive tackles. (I haven't even asked about the vital role of the middle linebacker.) Questions pertaining to those positions still remain.

Possible defensive tackles from the 2008 roster who finished the season and are likely to play.

John Sparks #55 (So)
Nick Tackett #58 (So)
Jeff Sparks #60 (So)
Jacob Abrams #62 (Jr)
Cole Potter #64 (Jr)
Tyler Brown #73 (So)

There are 6 defensive linemen returning from 2008. What other additions are there for the 2009 team?

Parents, do yourselves a favor. Support your team.

Use your energy to get your son ready for Ashland on August 21.
I think Greenup and their line will do just fine. You have to think of all the changes this year that are happening in Greenup. New coach...new system..etc. It's all in how bad the kids want it. Look at Hoosiers and what all they accomplised. LOL Not comparing Greenup to Hoosiers by no means, but simply stating if the kids wanna win...they will win. Ashland is going to be a tough match IMO for all area schools.
Bench350 Wrote:Trust me the offense/defense line's will be much improved. They have Coach Burchett for offense and Coach Cook for defense.

Coach Burchett is the head coach at Powell County.

There was an article in today's paper that said that Coach Cook has taken a position as the AD and Assistant Principal at Fairview.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...23856.html

Where does that leave us now?
I'll ask it a different way.

Who are the position coaches this year and what positions do they coach?
Kosar and Coupon21, who are the position coaches for 2009?