Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-Point Line, Good or Bad for HS?
good move it back even with college... it doesnt matter cause wade skaggs and blake bradley knock it down from nba range... just move it back to nba range and we will see the shooters and the posers
OffTheHook Wrote:I like it where it is. I think we should have a 45 sec shot clock though.

I agree. True, few teams have players that are going to play at the next level, no matter what the size of the college. But, I think it makes the game more interesting. And for those that do have a team and schedule that contains several collegiate caliber players, it would be a huge benefit. I do think they should move the line back though. I think it would make the game more competitive, so many kids are shooting better and better and getting stronger and stronger. I've personally watched Johnathan Ferguson of Elliott Co. shoot shots from near half court consistantly. I think it should be moved back. I also think that the shot clock would keep games a little bit tighter as well.
I like the idea of a shot clock, but I am in favor of leaving the 3 point line as is. I think college and pros should be a longer distance than HS.
why do we need a shot clock in high school?
Most teams cant hold on to the ball for 10 seconds much less 45..
The three point line has revolutionized the game. Its created a whole different type of player and gave the game some variety. It also helps post players by spreading the defense and making them guard the perimeter. There is no way you can say it hurt the game. If the coaches can't control their trigger happy players thats not the addition of the three point line, just put those kids on the bench until they learn. I love the three point line, it makes the game exciting!
UK Wildcat Wrote:I think it should be taken out of the game. To many kids want to stand back and be handed the ball without putting hussle into the action. That line puts the "ME" in most. I would rather see a good hard worked for 2 from under the goal.

I don't agree. Keep the line. The 3 point line can be a game changer. By all means keep it
In my opinion, the 3 point line is a great asset for high school bball because it adds excitement to the game.
I like it where it is.
personally i think too many teams base their teams around one three point shooter...if you think about it the best teams have a dominant post player. but a good 3-point shooter can help out.
Threes are great, no question about it, I drop them all the time in gym.
The 3 pointer makes the game more exciting and easier for teams to make comebacks. Adds great finishes to games.
keep it..
Move it back.