Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-Point Line, Good or Bad for HS?
What is your take on the subject?
Move it back to the same distance as college.
I like it where it is. I think we should have a 45 sec shot clock though.
IMO, it is good for HS basketball, however, it would be nice if it was possible to pull the three point line up during little/midget league. All the three point line does for younger players is promote bad shooting form because the kids are not strong enough to shoot the ball from that distance. They throw it or shot-put it. I'm up in the air about middle school age kids. Some are strong enough, but most are not.
ImagineThat! Wrote:IMO, it is good for HS basketball, however, it would be nice if it was possible to pull the three point line up during little/midget league. All the three point line does for younger players is promote bad shooting form because the kids are not strong enough to shoot the ball from that distance. They throw it or shot-put it. I'm up in the air about middle school age kids. Some are strong enough, but most are not.

There is a solution for that. Just don't have 3 pt baskets for that age group.
I agree 100% with doing away with the three pointers for little league, but you still have some kids that will fire it up because they can see the line there. However, your solution is the only reasonable one. This is where it is good for parents to step in and help out by not allowing thier kids to shoot 3's.
The 3 point line can keep smaller teams in a game if they are shooting well.
Bad.

Too many kids can bust 6 in a row
OffTheHook Wrote:I like it where it is. I think we should have a 45 sec shot clock though.
Yes, yes we do.
I think it should be the same. Why would you move it back?
I think it should be taken out of the game. To many kids want to stand back and be handed the ball without putting hussle into the action. That line puts the "ME" in most. I would rather see a good hard worked for 2 from under the goal.
I love the three pointer, it adds excitement to the game.
I love the 3 pointer, but i do think it should be moved back to the same as college. That way the players are already adjusted, and plus most players shoot way behind the line anyways. But to say the 3 pointer is bad, is not true. It adds excitement and helps teams come back from behind.
I think its bad. To many depend on just the three instead of making plays inside. I think you would see alot better team ball and better players if we didnt have the three in high school.
I think it should stay the same...just like the transition from college ball to pro ball it just takes time to get used to
The three point shot and the lack of a shot clock are two things that give the "little" guy a chance against bigger schools, and schools that gorge on transfers.. Leave the line alone and NEVER add a shot clock to highschool basketball.....
If you have a kid that can shoot a 3-pointer, then have him shoot it. It is another weapon in your game plan. The coach can control whether a player takes a shot from there, it is up to his game plan. The 3-pointer gives the really small teams a chance against the taller and stronger teams. I believe that the effect to the game that the 3-pointer brings make the game of basketball a sport that all sizes of kids can play.
ImagineThat! Wrote:IMO, it is good for HS basketball, however, it would be nice if it was possible to pull the three point line up during little/midget league. All the three point line does for younger players is promote bad shooting form because the kids are not strong enough to shoot the ball from that distance. They throw it or shot-put it. I'm up in the air about middle school age kids. Some are strong enough, but most are not.

Agree with all you said, but I do think they should leave it for the middle school. Kids today seem bigger and stronger with all the hold backs.
It may be more of a challenge to move it back for boys basketball, but in girls basketball you wouldn't see too many girls be able to bust them consistantly which is unfair.

OffTheHook Wrote:I like it where it is. I think we should have a 45 sec shot clock though.

I agree completely! IMO the 3pt line is the best thing since sliced bread. It's great for the game and it's the perfect distance.

I've also been saying for years now we need a 45 second shot clock. I don't think a shot clock would make a lot of difference during the course of the game. I think most teams shoot the ball within 45 sec's anyway. IMO what it would do is force teams to play more towards the end of the game. It works great in college! why not? the only downside I see to it is maybe confusion on the part of refs. Also, I guess it would be expensive for schools to implement. Now there may be more downside, but those are major ones I see.

I also think it should be mandatory to have 3 refs at each and every game.

IMO all these things would only make the game better!
i like the three myself it makes the game better
I love the 3. I dont play high school ball but i do play basketball and i love to go deep
in some cases i like the 3 ball....but sometimes i don't......teams will live and die by it.....i vote to keep it but move it to collage distance.
youcantseeme85 Wrote:I love the 3. I dont play high school ball but i do play basketball and i love to go deep

yea cuz u cant make it nowher else lol:devilflam
I ball like swoosh Wrote:yea cuz u cant make it nowher else lol:devilflam

Really, if he can make threes, then surely to goodness he can bust it inside the line.
I ball like swoosh Wrote:yea cuz u cant make it nowher else lol:devilflam

LMFAO yea since u kno who i am and all... Dont get on here to run ur mouth.
youcantseeme85 Wrote:I love the 3. I dont play high school ball but i do play basketball and i love to go deep

how deep can you go?
paintball 25 Wrote:how deep can you go?

It dont matter where im at i always go deep i dont worry bout where im at on the court.
yeah the 3 does make the game more exciting IMO i think it should stay where it is
It has added a lot of fun to the game for the players and fans.. A win win..