Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
34.67%
Hazard
65.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Hazard (Class A 2nd Round)
brain cramp Wrote:This is just my opinion, Coach Dixon will open it up a little more this weekend, but he will still only use what he has to. He will Blitz a little more and show some different coverages. He will use a standard cover 1 and roll to some cover 3, but nothing like he will do in the next rounds to come. He will not reveal more than he has too and this goes for offense as well. I dont think they ran more than 9 plays last week. I really dont think he has ran everything all year with these next 3 weeks in mind. I noticed in one post that Hazard has underachieved. This may be true, but they played a little tougher schedule this year. Again, I am no coach and simply have this opinion. I look for Hazard to be a different team each and every week until they get past Pikeville and then we will see if they under achieved. I know they had plans of getting to Louisville. I almost said carpet, but several teams have carpet now.

I think it will be the opposite, I think Hazard is going to come out on offense and run the ball until Paintsville shows they can stop. (Hopefully we can). Then Hazard will mix in some play-actions, screens, ect to keep Paintsville from stacking the box. I do not look for Hazard to change much on defense but since a lot of teams have given Paintsville trouble with a 3 man front Hazard may come out of the 4 and run some 3 man fronts. I am sure Hazard hasn't shown all their cards yet, but its hard to not run plays all year in a game situation and then try to change things up in the 3rd round of the playoffs and expect them to work as well as the plays you have ran over 100 times during the year. By this time of year, what you have seen, is what you are going to see, a few wrinkles thrown in.
IISnakE Wrote:Coach Kinner has played in bigger games (in high school & while @ Georgetown). He understands the position he is in. He is not a "panic button" kind of guy. The boys are not "panic button" guys either & everyone has placed them in the "underdog position", they will be able to play without the pressures that being the "favorite" brings to the game. I look forward to the trip, the game, and being in this position @ this time of year! Good Luck to all! And yes, Hazard has a very nice facility... I am soo happy for them, they are very nice people.... nice community!
I agree Kinner has played in bigger games, but he has never been in charge of a team in a game this big. Trust me, it's two different ballgames. When you are playing you can only do so much as an individual, you can just do your task and hope that everyone else follows through with theirs. As a coach you have to know your team inside and out to know their strengths and weaknesses so that you can put them in best situation to win. It would be a safe bet to say that Kinner has done his homework for this weeks game. I was just saying that this is the biggest game of his career and it will be interesting to see how he reacts to it.
I think it's safe to say that both coaches have done their share of homework for this game. As a coach who has been in big games before, I think he will do a good job of getting his team prepared mentally and physically for this game. I am sure Hazard will do the same. If both teams show up to play it should be a great game. GO TIGERS!!

WE BELIEVE
:Cheerlead
Paintsville big.......... NOT.LMAO
Is it friday yet. LOL
Hazard by at least 2 td's.
AS BAD AS I WANT A UPSET AND THE TIGERS TAKE IT ...I WILL HAVE TO TAKE HAZARD BY 2TD'S:redboxer:
Go Dawgs !!!! Beat Paintsville!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on People its just more than a day away and its time to get pumped for playoff football.
bac2369 Wrote:Come on People its just more than a day away and its time to get pumped for playoff football.

I'M READY :rockon:

GO TIGERS ... BEAT THE DAWGS !!!!!Smile
classy tiger Wrote:I'M READY :rockon:

GO TIGERS ... BEAT THE DAWGS !!!!!Smile

Come on everyone. Atleast someone has the spirit. It seems its going to be a cold and snowy day at Daniel Field tommorow. I have to say one thing i love it. Sounds like fun to me. So count me being there with my hoody and cheering the bulldogs on.
bac2369 Wrote:Come on everyone. Atleast someone has the spirit. It seems its going to be a cold and snowy day at Daniel Field tommorow. I have to say one thing i love it. Sounds like fun to me. So count me being there with my hoody and cheering the bulldogs on.

You better wear more than a hoody. LOL The forecast is just giving a high around 35 on Friday and a low that night down close to 20. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The tailgate crew better have lots of chili and hot chocolate and a fire in the barrell if they wanna keep me happy. Big Grin

GOOOOO HAZARD!!!!!
HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:You better wear more than a hoody. LOL The forecast is just giving a high around 35 on Friday and a low that night down close to 20. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The tailgate crew better have lots of chili and hot chocolate and a fire in the barrell if they wanna keep me happy. Big Grin

GOOOOO HAZARD!!!!!
HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!

Nothing like watching a football game in the cold. I went to the Vandy and Kentucky game in just a t-shirt and hoody and i was ok. My hands were cold but i can get over that.
The Dawgs roll.
bac2369 Wrote:Nothing like watching a football game in the cold. I went to the Vandy and Kentucky game in just a t-shirt and hoody and i was ok. My hands were cold but i can get over that.

You're a lot younger than I am. These old bones freeze up when it gets below 60. Rolleyes
GO BIG BLUE!!!
WE BELIEVE!!!:Cheerlead
It's going to be a cold night for football at Daniel Field when the Bulldogs take on Paintsville tonight! I challenge all of you Hazard faithful to bundle up, bring your hot chocolate and Army blanket and head to the game this evening to root the Hazard Bulldogs on to another post season victory, this tiime over the Tigers!

Go Bulldogs!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

TIGERS!!!
GIVE ME A

[SIZE=7]T![/SIZE]
T
GIMME AN "I"!
IISnakE Wrote:GIMME AN "I"!
I'll go ahead and give you the G-E-R-S so this doesn't drag on.
GO TIGERS!!!!!
Stay focused Tigers!! Watch for the little guy..hes quick lol Good Luck!!!Wink
EastKyMiner Wrote:I'll go ahead and give you the G-E-R-S so this doesn't drag on.
Hahaha, now that's funny right there. Smile
Good luck, Tigers, I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Stay focused Tigers!! Watch for the little guy..hes quick lol Good Luck!!!Wink

If they can stop the speedy back in adams. Hazard will probably give the ball austin blanton and mikael campbell who are great inside runners. Or they will go to the passing game and try to get clicking on all cylinders.