Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 26 - Breathitt County 14
Cardinal_Alumni Wrote:Quite interesting that you say this. Considering that JC fumbled the ball within 10 yards of the Goal...twice...The score would have been worse against BC. Both teams played well, I wish them both luck in the future.
I realize that JC turned the ball over....I did not say the result would have been different, just that Breathitt would have scored more if they executed just as JC would have scored more, nothing wrong with that statement. I was responding to a post about Breathitt not scoring 28 points, and JC's scoring was irrelevant to the post I was responding to.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Listen Breathitt would have played much better if they hadnt been beaten up in a very tough game the week before........oh wait it was their first game!!! Breathitt just isnt the hardnose, tough, cocky team that they once were. In the mid to late 90's they were overly confident they would not only win every game but make their opponent look far less superior. Now that strut is gone and teams playing the Bobcats know they can smack them in the mouth over and over. Can this change? Yes, Holcomb is a masterful coach but over the past few years i sense Breathitt has lost that chip on their shoulder and other mountain teams have found it. Ex. Belfry and Johnson Central.
Nice win JC. Should walk next week.:Thumbs:
I think its fair to say that JC just came a little more prepared. Both teams had moments where they looked a little green. It happens. Should be interesting to see what happens w/ St M and Prestonsburg.
redlion Wrote:Nice win JC. Should walk next week.:Thumbs:

Would be nice, but JC probably has its toughest game of the season next week (maybe the toughest in the state when you're talking about the defending champions of the Golden Horseshoe in Ontario in St. Thomas More).
Diogenes Wrote:Would be nice, but JC probably has its toughest game of the season next week (maybe the toughest in the state when you're talking about the defending champions of the Golden Horseshoe in Ontario in St. Thomas More).
Isn't this the same team that Ironton OH just beat 54-0?

This isn't hockey were talking about.
FBALL Wrote:Isn't this the same team that Ironton OH just beat 54-0?

Ironton played a team called "Our Lady of the Way". Johnson Central plays St. Thomas More. I'm sure they're not the same teams.
FBALL Wrote:Isn't this the same team that Ironton OH just beat 54-0?

Come on FBALL. Your more knowledgable about football and what is going on, than that.:dontthink
MR. Slate Wrote:What happened to that 28 Breathitt was going to lay on JC?

Reading comprehension problems? If you go back and look at my post I think you're referring to, I said I don't think Breathitt could SCORE 28 on JC.
Congrats JC against a quality opponent. Good luck next week!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Come on FBALL. Your more knowledgable about football and what is going on, than that.:dontthink
Evidently not. I knew that Ironton played a Canadian team but could not remember who it was. I'll try to do better in the future.
FBALL Wrote:Evidently not. I knew that Ironton played a Canadian team but could not remember who it was. I'll try to do better in the future.

The team that Johnson Central will be playing was undefeated last year , and Canada's national champion.
Just being curious, but how did it come about for JC to play this team anyway?? The outcome aside, it sounds like a big detour from the regular schedule. And why would the Canadian National Champs want to travel to the US for a football game, not to mention the fact that the rules are different and the field dimensions are different as well?? Just wondering??
EKY Sportster Wrote:Just being curious, but how did it come about for JC to play this team anyway?? The outcome aside, it sounds like a big detour from the regular schedule. And why would the Canadian National Champs want to travel to the US for a football game, not to mention the fact that the rules are different and the field dimensions are different as well?? Just wondering??
Don't know about Breathitt County but the Canadian team awnser a ad from the web.
Hard fought game from both teams, JC was just to much in the end!!! JC had some very good young players so look for them to get better and better!!!
This was a great game. Both teams will probably win their districts and regions. Breathitt actually looked to be in better shape at the end of the game which is a good sign. In 2001 Breathitt brought in Rckcastle Co. for the Honey Bowl. That was Justin Haddix's first year as starter for Breathitt. Rock won that game 42-6. Breathitt had a decent year that year, and went on to win the state title the next year. In 2008 Breathitt brings in Johnson Central for Jade Haddix's debut (Justin's little brother) and actually looks better than in 2001. Jade is going to have a better defense for his first year than what Justin had. Could this spell trouble for EKY 3A in 2009? Looked like Breathitt's defense is actually improved from last year. Also, once they get the timing down, the offense will be better as well. Look for great things from both teams this year.
wooderson Wrote:Listen Breathitt would have played much better if they hadnt been beaten up in a very tough game the week before........oh wait it was their first game!!! Breathitt just isnt the hardnose, tough, cocky team that they once were. In the mid to late 90's they were overly confident they would not only win every game but make their opponent look far less superior. Now that strut is gone and teams playing the Bobcats know they can smack them in the mouth over and over. Can this change? Yes, Holcomb is a masterful coach but over the past few years [B]i sense Breathitt has lost that chip on their shoulder and other mountain teams have [/B]found it. Ex. Belfry and Johnson Central.

Breathitt Co. doesn't have near the talent they did from the state championship teams. Opening up with Johnson Central and Prestonsburg, and then playing Lexington Christian in week 8 should help the Bobcats come post season time.
Breathitt has the talent, they just need to bring it all together!
Congrats Johnson Central on the win.
Channing Fugate is a load. What colleges are looking at him, does anyone know?
Crazy Horse Wrote:Channing Fugate is a load. What colleges are looking at him, does anyone know?
He is just a junior.......He is very talented..
Twitter: @tc_analytics

EKY Sportster Wrote:Just being curious, but how did it come about for JC to play this team anyway?? The outcome aside, it sounds like a big detour from the regular schedule. And why would the Canadian National Champs want to travel to the US for a football game, not to mention the fact that the rules are different and the field dimensions are different as well?? Just wondering??

This year will be the third year in a row that St. Thomas More has traveled to the U.S., in 2006 the were beaten by Ironton Ohio and last year they defeated a team from Cleveland Ohio.