Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Paintsville Predictions
Red and Black Wrote:Running on Saturday is a good idea. How can you work on fundamentals the day after a game? Anybody that played HS football knows that saturday is the most miserable day of the week. Players are too physically and mentally tired to have a good practice. I played for Coach D for 4 years and 40 40's is nothing compared to what he will do if they lose to paintsville. I just hope Coach D doesnt give up on these boys, they have the potential they just never needed leadership untill this year because the class that played in front of them had 9 leaders. Can I get an AMEN blackcat, lol, but honestly if prestonsburg shows up with no fire or emotion then their season is over, they will make the playoffs but will get beat in the first round. If they win it would definitely be a step in the right direction. I cant make a predicition on this game tho because prestonsburg has been beaten by 2 very good teams and paintsville hasnt played a decent team yet. Shafter, get the fired up this weekend, please, do it for all of us who you gave your all for these last few years.

I could see doing it on Saturday, I just didn't know Pburg held Saturday pratices. In my 4 years of playing football at Pikeville we never had Saturday pratices until the playoffs started and it was just usally watching film and walk thru.
I'm sure Pikeville never had an 0-2 start to a season when you were there either PHSfan. LOL
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I'm sure Pikeville never had an 0-2 start to a season when you were there either PHSfan. LOL

You would be correct BCF4L....though I was a member of the 97 team that went 5-6, which is the only losing season Pikeville has had since the 1960s....I think just letting down all the great players that had played before us was punishment enough and we got it turned around the next year.
Red and Black Wrote:Running on Saturday is a good idea. How can you work on fundamentals the day after a game? Anybody that played HS football knows that saturday is the most miserable day of the week. Players are too physically and mentally tired to have a good practice. I played for Coach D for 4 years and 40 40's is nothing compared to what he will do if they lose to paintsville. I just hope Coach D doesnt give up on these boys, they have the potential they just never needed leadership untill this year because the class that played in front of them had 9 leaders. Can I get an AMEN blackcat, lol, but honestly if prestonsburg shows up with no fire or emotion then their season is over, they will make the playoffs but will get beat in the first round. If they win it would definitely be a step in the right direction. I cant make a predicition on this game tho because prestonsburg has been beaten by 2 very good teams and paintsville hasnt played a decent team yet. Shafter, get the fired up this weekend, please, do it for all of us who you gave your all for these last few years.

AMEN Idea
PHSFAN Wrote:
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Yeah but that's like when the basketball team was losing and they spent the whole practice running instead of going over things that they done wrong. It's pointless. Im sure every football player on the field can run. They need to work on fundamentals (ie blocking, catching). Those are the things that I noticed.

I agree with you 100%. The players on the field can allready run or they would not be on the field, and if they are not in shape by now honestly it is too late. I can understand running in the preseason for condioning but Prestonsburg needs to work on the fundamentals and study the game tape of every play and that is how they will get better. Coach DeRosset is a great coach and I am sure he knows what he is doing and will get the Cats back on track but I think running the players to death is pointless and may come back to bite you late in the 4th quarter on Friday night.

IMO to get a response out of the team, they need to be punished. If you just got beat 40-0 and the coach does nothing about it, the same thing will happen the next week.
That is a good way to look at it Blackcat. It's kinda hard to disagree either way though. I can see your point and I know you can see mine. I guess that's why I played basketball and don;t coach. Smile
Coach DeRosset is the coach and I can see the good and bad of each side like BCF4L said but Coach D knows what he is doing and knows his team better than anyone else so if I were a Blackcat fan I would just put my trust in him that he knows exactly what he is doing and will get the season turned around because he has earned that trust from the fanbase.
Coach D knows his players, but he doesnt know how to make them play. Nobody can make them play but their teammates. As soon as somebody steps up and takes control of this team they will win alot of games, but untill that happens, they will continue to lose. Someone needs to take control and put a foot up somebody's ass and get the team rolling.
Red and Black Wrote:Coach D knows his players, but he doesnt know how to make them play. Nobody can make them play but their teammates. As soon as somebody steps up and takes control of this team they will win alot of games, but untill that happens, they will continue to lose. Someone needs to take control and put a foot up somebody's ass and get the team rolling.

Can I get a AMEN preach it brotha Tongue
I think Shaffer and both Hamilton's should do this to everyone, and Pburg will start playing team ball Idea
I just dont think they understand football05, they r at prestonsburg for 4 years, and after that, ITS OVER, and besides losing a parent or a sibling i dont think there is anything else on this earth that could hurt as much as ending your HS football career, and i'm afraid by the time they realize that it's gonna be far too late. I love every player on this team like a brother so i really dont want to see that happen to them, they have worked their tails off for 3 years and they r gonna let all they have worked for slip through their fingers because they cant get a regional runner up offensive line to block or because they just flat out dont want to play anymore, either case i cannot understand how either of these things could happen. Mark my words, whenever a SR stands up and chews out his team and gets them fired up, or hell, even a JR could do it, all of my teammates did it our JR year, this team would be a sight to see, especially in a much much weaker 2A than i have ever seen. If the cats want to win a ring, this is the year to do it, they just have to want to, plain and simple.
AMEN again GREAT POST 8)
I hope some of the players get on here and read this stuff and take it to the field friday night....I told Shaffer tonight to step up and grab someones face mask and ram his head into theirs and tell them to get their ass in the game and play like a team I hope he does this come friday I think you will/should see a different ball team 8)
it should be a good game it could go either way but i would say prestonsburg should win if they play like they can
Can't wait until tonight, Paintsville and Prestonsburg games are always fun to watch.
Where is this game being played?
Paintsville