Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Paintsville Predictions
Well this seems to be the big game next Friday in the Big Sandy Area so what does everyone think? I think Paintsville is a good team and I am very anxious to see how they do against the Blackcats. P-burg has been a major disappointment so far but IMO they are still a very good team that can get it together quickly. I made some people mad with the Pburg +14 prediction in another thread and I hope that the Tigers prove me wrong because I always root for district teams in non-district games. I am going with Pburg because I still think they are a very good team and I just can't get a read on Paintsville. Once againt prove me wrong Tigers and make the Blackcats 0-3 against our district and I will be here next Saturday to eat my crow.
I'll have to go with the Tigers in this. Keep the Class A domination going!!

PHS by 13
I am going to have to go with Paintsville in this game. I think it is going to be a Qb match up with Pugh gettin the better because he has more threats at Wr. So i am going to say Paintsville by 2 TD's!
I am going with Paintsville also. After watching Prestonsburg for the first time this year, I say they will be lucky if they beat Magoffin Co. That's just my personal opinion. I hope and pray I am wrong but they are going in the wrong direction QUICK. :x
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I am going with Paintsville also. After watching Prestonsburg for the first time this year, I say they will be lucky if they beat Magoffin Co. That's just my personal opinion. I hope and pray I am wrong but they are going in the wrong direction QUICK. :x
wow...pretty harsh there blackcat, i dont know whats going on in pburg but dont look for it to stay like this long, they will get things goin im just not sure it will be next week. i think you will see them play better but get beat by 7 against a talented paintsville squad. good luck to both teams should be a good matchup Tongue
If P-burg plays like everyone knows they can and play like they want to be out there:

P-burg - 34
Paintsville - 7

If P-burg plays like they did against Pikeville and Hazard, acting like they have never touched the ball before:

P-burg - 7
Paintsville - 21
Im pullin for the Blackcats to win this one and turn their season around, but after last night's performance, im going to have to go with Paintsville on this one....
If Shaffer is 100% ill take p-burg....if not the cats may be lookin at 0-3.
mountain_man Wrote:If Shaffer is 100% ill take p-burg....if not the cats may be lookin at 0-3.

Regardless if Shaffer is 100% he will give it 110%, his perfomance IMO wouldn't change whether he is 100% or not.
blackcat Wrote:
mountain_man Wrote:If Shaffer is 100% ill take p-burg....if not the cats may be lookin at 0-3.

Regardless if Shaffer is 100% he will give it 110%, his perfomance IMO wouldn't change whether he is 100% or not.

I heard that UK was wanting Shaffer to come to UK next season as Perferred Walk-on. Sounds like a good player and tough guy I would like to see him give it a shot at UK or if not I'm sure Pikeville College would be willing to give him a free college education.
Yea Louisville is also looking at Dave...I HONESTLY dont think Dave will go to UK lol.....Thats just my opinion and hearing dave talk helps too Smile
football05 Wrote:Yea Louisville is also looking at Dave...I HONESTLY dont think Dave will go to UK lol.....Thats just my opinion and hearing dave talk helps too Smile

Well I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes if he does play college football. UK won't give him a scholly but as a perferred walk on he could earn one or at another Division 1 school. Being a Pikeville College fan I would like to see him go to Pikeville College....I like seeing the Bears get good homegrown talent.
Well, IDK if he would go to pikeville either hard telling about dave
Well Pburg I hate to say they will lose 27-14. Arrow

Pburg players go to Paintsville and proove me wrong!
I'm going to take Prestonsburg in a close one... hopefully they can get everything together and get the win
i sure hope they do, from what i heard they did after the Hazard game, i can only imagine what they did on saturday morning after the Pikeville game....
they practiced at 10 am and had a jv game at 1 and a freshman game

Hard practices for the blackcats maybe theyll do better
HA this is funny....After the Hazard game coach D told everyone when he was watching film, he said whenever I say NO EFFORT we are going to run a 40 yard dash and a belly up....well he said NO EFFORT 40 times so do the math....And I dont understand what good is running doing you arent learning anything by it and your players should be in shape....I think Pburg needs to practice on the Oline and Dline the heck with running....But thats my opinion 8)
8)
football05 Wrote:HA this is funny....After the Hazard game coach D told everyone when he was watching film, he said whenever I say NO EFFORT we are going to run a 40 yard dash and a belly up....well he said NO EFFORT 40 times so do the math....And I dont understand what good is running doing you arent learning anything by it and your players should be in shape....I think Pburg needs to practice on the Oline and Dline the heck with running....But thats my opinion 8)

I don't blame Coach D here, it was punishment to the kids for loseing. It may have been a little harsh, but he needed to make a point.
I totally agree Blackcat... Idea
Yeah but that's like when the basketball team was losing and they spent the whole practice running instead of going over things that they done wrong. It's pointless. Im sure every football player on the field can run. They need to work on fundamentals (ie blocking, catching). Those are the things that I noticed.
I agree with bcf4l.... Fundamentals are more important than running.. there should be running but focus more on the other things
I have to go with Pbrug in this game. I think they will bounce back and play hard t this week. IMO Coach D will have these boys focused this week. If Pburg doesnt win this game they will be in for a long season. Possibly not even making the playoffs. I know one thing its not going to be a easy task for the Blackcats on the Tigers homefied.

PBURG 26
Painstville 25
shafter9 Wrote:8)

I think we have a hands down winner for the new ugliest avatar. :o Thats ugly shafter9.. Real ugly Smile
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Yeah but that's like when the basketball team was losing and they spent the whole practice running instead of going over things that they done wrong. It's pointless. Im sure every football player on the field can run. They need to work on fundamentals (ie blocking, catching). Those are the things that I noticed.

I agree with you 100%. The players on the field can allready run or they would not be on the field, and if they are not in shape by now honestly it is too late. I can understand running in the preseason for condioning but Prestonsburg needs to work on the fundamentals and study the game tape of every play and that is how they will get better. Coach DeRosset is a great coach and I am sure he knows what he is doing and will get the Cats back on track but I think running the players to death is pointless and may come back to bite you late in the 4th quarter on Friday night.
torQQue Wrote:I have to go with Pbrug in this game. I think they will bounce back and play hard t this week. IMO Coach D will have these boys focused this week. If Pburg doesnt win this game they will be in for a long season. Possibly not even making the playoffs. I know one thing its not going to be a easy task for the Blackcats on the Tigers homefied.

PBURG 26
Painstville 25

I think the Blackcats will make the playoffs QQ but they need to get it turned around and Friday night is a good time to start if they have any plans of saving this once promising season. I still think the Blackcats will get everything together and battle Belfry for a district and region title but if they dont win this week, then it is going to start looking like Pburg just ins't that good this year and were over-hyped coming into the season and I don't think that is the case here. Regardless of the outcome against Paintsville, Prestonsburg will beat Pike Central and East Ridge to make the playoffs, but this team with as much as they have returning should also manhandle Shelby Valley and Sheldon Clark and battle Belfry right down to the wire....its time to put up or shut up for the Cats though and they need to come out Friday night and make a statement.
Running on Saturday is a good idea. How can you work on fundamentals the day after a game? Anybody that played HS football knows that saturday is the most miserable day of the week. Players are too physically and mentally tired to have a good practice. I played for Coach D for 4 years and 40 40's is nothing compared to what he will do if they lose to paintsville. I just hope Coach D doesnt give up on these boys, they have the potential they just never needed leadership untill this year because the class that played in front of them had 9 leaders. Can I get an AMEN blackcat, lol, but honestly if prestonsburg shows up with no fire or emotion then their season is over, they will make the playoffs but will get beat in the first round. If they win it would definitely be a step in the right direction. I cant make a predicition on this game tho because prestonsburg has been beaten by 2 very good teams and paintsville hasnt played a decent team yet. Shafter, get the fired up this weekend, please, do it for all of us who you gave your all for these last few years.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I'm going to take Prestonsburg in a close one... hopefully they can get everything together and get the win

sounds good to me 8)
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I'm going to take Prestonsburg in a close one... hopefully they can get everything together and get the win

sounds good to me 8)