Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central to play Canadian Champion in RECC Bowl
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Boy, now that's some sound logic you've got there.Rolleyes

Just saying, most people view non-american played football about like canadians view our hockey. If you win the game, that's what supposed to happen. If you lose, then its gonna look bad on ya for losing to a Canadian team.

Ill more than likely hit this game up. Intriguing match up.

I know they have Euro pro football. Do Hs's in Europe have football teams?
Coach Matney will not be coaching in this game. Coach Reeves or Coach Burchett will probably be calling the plays for this one. Matney will be back in week 3 though. Should be an interesting game though, seeing how the American players interact with the Canadien team. I know I'll be attending this one.
EkyLb Wrote:Just saying, most people view non-american played football about like canadians view our hockey. If you win the game, that's what supposed to happen. If you lose, then its gonna look bad on ya for losing to a Canadian team.

Ill more than likely hit this game up. Intriguing match up.

I know they have Euro pro football. Do Hs's in Europe have football teams?

If this team is a real powerhouse team, then why would it be embarrassing for anyone to loose to them? Who says we should beat them to begin with?

As far as the way things are viewed, I dont think that baseball is considered all that strong of a sport in Canada either, but I have watched a group of kids from this very same area play against some of the elite caliber travel teams in some high profile national invitational tournaments across the southeastern US and they were dang good with some very talented players. In fact, they were a little to tough for some of the strong US teams to handle. They embarrased more than a few of them. I certainly didn't think badly of the US teams that couldn't beat them. Talent is talent.

In Kentucky this would be a 6A size school. I would have to think that a team that is considered the number 1 team in Canada would be more than a challenge for anyone here in the mountains. Gonna be interesting to watch anyways.
One big advantage is that Canada allows kids to come back for a 5th year, and if I'm not mistaken they can play until they turn 20. I don't know how many 5th year players STM has if any. It should be an interesting game.
Well most 5th years are not even 19. We were born in every 5th year was born in 1990, so they will be 18. But yeah, we go to 5th year just to become more mature and better at what we do.
Old School Wrote:One big advantage is that Canada allows kids to come back for a 5th year, and if I'm not mistaken they can play until they turn 20. I don't know how many 5th year players STM has if any. It should be an interesting game.

And your point is? Don't start making excuses just yet. Most senior players in the EKY area are "5th year" players anyway. With all the hold backs.
OffTheHook Wrote:And your point is? Don't start making excuses just yet. Most senior players in the EKY area are "5th year" players anyway. With all the hold backs.

I'm not making excuses, just stating the obvious, as far as 5th year players in E. Ky name one. While there are some kids that stay back it's either in grade school or middle school not high school. As you well know Kentucky players are only allowed to play 4 years of high school football or until they turn 19 years of age, unlike in Canada where they can play 5 years of high school football or till they turn 20 years of age.

From what I've found out STM has about 5 or 6 5th year players, so yes I do believe this will give them a big advantage, but I will admit that JC will also have advantages because STM will have to adjust to the new rules.
Old School you should ensure that your facts are acurate in the future. As in EKY the schools from Ontario Canada are only eligible to play until the age of 19. In Catholic schools no students are held back in grade or middle school so the only year they are allowed to come back is for a final year of high school. So in fact both teams could theoretically have players of the same age for this game with no advantage to the Canadian school. The team from Canada will only have a week and a half of practise before they head down for this game. Not to mention the plothera of rules changes they must adapt to ie size of the field, limit on motion, one less player in the states, and the various rules diiference such as having to play a yard of the ball, rules on special teams and so on and so on.
So the only advantage I see will be to the team that prepares the best and executes with fewer mistakes.... welcome to the world of football my friend where there is no room for excuses!!!
THEMAN Wrote:Old School you should ensure that your facts are acurate in the future. As in EKY the schools from Ontario Canada are only eligible to play until the age of 19. In Catholic schools no students are held back in grade or middle school so the only year they are allowed to come back is for a final year of high school. So in fact both teams could theoretically have players of the same age for this game with no advantage to the Canadian school. The team from Canada will only have a week and a half of practise before they head down for this game. Not to mention the plothera of rules changes they must adapt to ie size of the field, limit on motion, one less player in the states, and the various rules diiference such as having to play a yard of the ball, rules on special teams and so on and so on.
So the only advantage I see will be to the team that prepares the best and executes with fewer mistakes.... welcome to the world of football my friend where there is no room for excuses!!!

I've been looking for sites that contain Canadian High School football rules, but with little luck, maybe you could give us a link. Information regarding the 5th year rule and the age limit, came from the site Roy recomended in post #24.
Old School Wrote:I'm not making excuses, just stating the obvious, as far as 5th year players in E. Ky name one. While there are some kids that stay back it's either in grade school or middle school not high school. As you well know Kentucky players are only allowed to play 4 years of high school football or until they turn 19 years of age, unlike in Canada where they can play 5 years of high school football or till they turn 20 years of age.

From what I've found out STM has about 5 or 6 5th year players, so yes I do believe this will give them a big advantage, but I will admit that JC will also have advantages because STM will have to adjust to the new rules.

You know exactly what I was talking about and meant. I know there are no 5th year highschool players in KY..Rolleyes I was comparing them by their ages.

Thank you for your post "THEMAN". Well stated. Plus, you saved me from having to do a bunch of typing. Smile
Its football
like previous posts before me
whoever prepares more will win
First off canada is a large country and rules may differ from province to province.
I can assure you that the age limit is the same for Khssa and Ontario football. Your information came from a forum site which could have been posted by anyone with no clues pertaing to rules. Your focus about age limits is misguided and you should perhaps find it more educational to look up the rule differences bw Canadian and American football. Let it go and look forward to a unique game between a canadian school and a powerful footballl school from a very strong football state such as Kentucky. I hope the Canadian team does well as they will certainly have their work cut out for them.
THEMAN Wrote:First off canada is a large country and rules may differ from province to province.
I can assure you that the age limit is the same for Khssa and Ontario football. Your information came from a forum site which could have been posted by anyone with no clues pertaing to rules. Your focus about age limits is misguided and you should perhaps find it more educational to look up the rule differences bw Canadian and American football. Let it go and look forward to a unique game between a canadian school and a powerful footballl school from a very strong football state such as Kentucky. I hope the Canadian team does well as they will certainly have their work cut out for them.

The ACG and BGR are basically the same type of sites, and like BGR where some members are well informed of their rules, while others are not, and I'm also sure that ACG has members that are well informed of their rules and some that are not.

So unless your either from Canada and know the rules or have found a copy of the rules, you can't be sure of anything now can you. (BTW if you have a copy of the rules please share the site)

Focus on age.....are you kidding me, you and OTH are the only ones to repy to my post and I replied back to your responses thus making this my third post on the subject, to which you my friend have posted twice.
THEMAN Wrote:First off canada is a large country and rules may differ from province to province.

While Kentucky has made some major strides the last several years in producing some quality football players , I dont think that Kentucky is considered by anyone to be a very strong football state. They dont even come close to producing the quality and/or the quantity of say, Ohio, Pennsylvania, California, Texas and just about every state in the south and the midwest.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You seem to have to post a lot of "My Bad's " on here. Maybe you should try knowing what you are talking about before you post on here sometimes.

Im gonna be the bigger person and not say a word.Wink. And thanks for backing me up RealBadman!!!
I wish Johnson Central the best in this game. Rep the mountains with all you have. I plan on this being the game I watch that week.
Jshort5 Wrote:Im gonna be the bigger person and not say a word.Wink. And thanks for backing me up RealBadman!!!
Yeah , you go on ahead and be a bigger person.Wink
Where is this game going to be played at?
DaBears Wrote:Where is this game going to be played at?

Johnson Central.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah , you go on ahead and be a bigger person.Wink

Yeah, I will. And why hate on me, have I stepped on your toes or said anything to you?Rolleyes
can you imagine the culture shock..
Sounds like the Eagles will have their work cut out for them. Should be a fun game though. Hope the Canadians like the Eastern KY Mountains.
Does anyone have any pictures of JC field ?
hey again
It's only about 3 weeks or so until we play you guys
Can't wait it is going to be a great game
Even though we only have a week of practice
But that is no excuse, can't wait to play you though
Big Grin
this will be interesting, to see how much press they get.....that is the only reason to play such a game
qbdad2011 Wrote:this will be interesting, to see how much press they get.....that is the only reason to play such a game
No the real reason they played this game was JC only had nine games on there schedule. I mean if JC wanted some press they could've installed a web cam so everybody could track the progress of there new stadium. Big Grin
hey it's me again
I was just wondering
It is the title of the thread
What is the RECC Bowl?
I'm curious
Roy Wrote:hey it's me again
I was just wondering
It is the title of the thread
What is the RECC Bowl?
I'm curious

It's the sponsor for the game, Kentucky Rural Electric Cooperative.