Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central to play Canadian Champion in RECC Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking at JC's schedule posted in the KHSAA website and they are playing a team called St. Thomas More from Hamilton, Ontario. I researched and found the info below regarding this team.

It is a catholic city school in Hamilton, Ontario with 1900 student. They have always prided themselves on their athletic team. Football, basketball and baseball are the big sports. In 2007, the Knights defeated the Bishop Ryan Celtics 42-6 bringing them to their second consecutive city championship. The Knights went on to meet the Bishop Ryan Celtics once again in the Golden Horseshoe Bowl and once again came out on top with a 14-7 win. This is the Knights second consecutive Golden Horseshoe Bowl championship. The Knights also finished the year with a perfect 12-0 record including a win over Cleveland Heights High School of Cleveland, Ohio. The Knights became the first team to repeat (2008-2009) as Golden Horseshoe Bowl champions, and were recently named All Canadian Gridirons Number One Canadian football team.

Looks like pretty good competions coming into the mountains second week of the season.
This is crazy. A team from Canada coming to Eastern Kentucky to play a football game? That should be an interesting matchup.
Wow, a canadian high school team coming to the mountains. That should be interesting.Rolleyes, Well I guess P-Burg will just how us American's play the foosball.Smile Smile Smile
Jshort5 Wrote:Wow, a canadian high school team coming to the mountains. That should be interesting.Rolleyes, Well I guess P-Burg will just how us American's play the foosball.Smile Smile Smile

Its Paintsville not Prestonsburg.

Should be very interesting, I wonder what type of formations this team might run?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Its Paintsville not Prestonsburg.

Should be very interesting, I wonder what type of formations this team might run?

My bad. But they'll probably run the maple leaf formation, or the flying V, which they learned from their hockey brothers. LoL,:lmao:
Dear Director of this game:
Please play O'Canada before the game.
:lmao: And have that lady who messed up our national anthem in that hockey game.Smile
This is very interesting. I am looking forward to this game. I just wonder how they got matched up?
If i was going to watch family play i would drive up and watch that game. Hopefully wymt will be there and have it on sports overtime.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Its Paintsville not Prestonsburg.

Well I really have no clue. But for some reason I remember reading about something where canada football uses 12 men teams...I doubt that is true. But It should intreasting to see this game. When is it?
wasn't
Don't know why you'd schedule a Canadian team. If you beat them, all you did was beat a Canadian team. If you lose however, gonna look bad. It is a 1900 student school. Pretty decent size.
Real Badman Wrote:Well I really have no clue. But for some reason I remember reading about something where canada football uses 12 men teams...I doubt that is true. But It should intreasting to see this game. When is it?

Week 2 according to the schedule. I'm not sure on the date.
Best of luck to them, I hope they represent Eastern KY well. If your losing you could always call INS on their best players.
I'm pretty sure this team came to Ky. last year and played another team... I was told it was a way for their coach to reward their players, by bringing them to the U.S.... You'd think they would go somewhere better than Paintsville though... I mean, no offense to Paintsville, but come on.
Hey
I go to St. Thomas More
My name is not Roy its Jay lol
and were all really excited to come down and play you guys
havent heard much about you, but from what I've read your a really great team and it shoul be a great game against you guys
Last year we went to Cleveland Heights Ohio and played a team there and won 32-19
and hopefully we can keep the winning streak of 18 games going against you guys but im absolutly positive your going to give everything to stop us
we had a great season past 2 years and hope to continue this year
we have been comin down to the states (specifically ohio) for the past 5 years oh so and this year wee comin down to kentucky to try something new
and as said above were ranked #1 in Canada but its a whole new ball game with the states, no 1-yard room like in canada ball, smaller field in the US as to Canada, and yes one less player to deal with, also we can get a single point by missed field goal and it goes out of the endzone or a punt which the states doesnt have
but besides tht I just wanted to come on here introduce myself get to know some peopple that i might meet wen im down there and its going to be an amazing game you dont wanna miss it
talk to you later
Jay#61
Wow, 1 yard off? McGlone would do even better with such a rule. I push for the KHSAA to pass it.
Jshort5 Wrote:My bad. But they'll probably run the maple leaf formation, or the flying V, which they learned from their hockey brothers. LoL,:lmao:

You seem to have to post a lot of "My Bad's " on here. Maybe you should try knowing what you are talking about before you post on here sometimes.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Dear Director of this game:
Please play O'Canada before the game.

Woooah, you just went over a lot of heads. Wanna bet no one figures this one out?Smile
Roy Wrote:Hey
I go to St. Thomas More
havent heard much about you, but from what I've read your a really great team and it shoul be a great game against you guys
Last year we went to Cleveland Heights Ohio and played a team there and won 32-19
and hopefully we can keep the winning streak of 18 games going against you guys but im absolutly positive your going to give everything to stop us
we have been comin down to the states (specifically ohio) for the past 5 years oh so and this year wee comin down to kentucky to try something new
and as said above were ranked #1 in Canada but its a whole new ball game with the states, no 1-yard room like in canada ball, smaller field in the US as to Canada, and yes one less player to deal with, also we can get a single point by missed field goal and it goes out of the endzone or a punt which the states doesnt have
but besides tht I just wanted to come on here introduce myself get to know some peopple that i might meet wen im down there and its going to be an amazing game you dont wanna miss it
talk to you later
Jay#61

Do you know if Canadian game rules will be intragated into this game, or will it be played under our local rules?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Woooah, you just went over a lot of heads. Wanna bet no one figures this one out?Smile

Definetly won't be heard during the Summer Olympics, unless played in the opening or closing ceremonies.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You seem to have to post a lot of "My Bad's " on here. Maybe you should try knowing what you are talking about before you post on here sometimes.

Man give the kid a break. Have you not heard of "if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all?"
Roy Wrote:Hey
I go to St. Thomas More
talk to you later
Jay#61
How big is high school football in Canada anyway? I kinda figured hockey was the big high school sport up there. I hope you guys like it down here. Canadians and Eastern Kentuckians together? All Im saying is both sides might need an interpreter with all the "ehs"and "yalls" flying around. LOL!
I believe we will play American rules not to sure though.
We usually play 4-down ball like you in our league but now they changed it to 3-down ball like everyone else in ontario n canada.

Football is taken serious here ye, hockey is our major sport, but football is close lol
When we were ranked #1 in all of canada people were like what the heck, who is St. Thomas More and were the heck is Hamilton lol Because most teams at the top were from Toronto and Alberta so we surpriseda lot of people.
If you want to learn some more a site to look at would be All Canadian Gridiron

http://www.allcanadagridiron.info/

This tells you about Canadian prospects, etc If you go to forums the forum we are in is under Ontario, in the Golden Horseshoe Bowl Region will discussdifferent things..
Can't wait to see you guys, some pictures of us from last year, tell me if you wouldlike to see them.
Jay#61
EkyLb Wrote:Don't know why you'd schedule a Canadian team. If you beat them, all you did was beat a Canadian team. If you lose however, gonna look bad. It is a 1900 student school. Pretty decent size.

I'd rather play this team than have another open week and just have nine regular season games.Rolleyes
O'Canada
I have heard this song played a few times and look forward to hearing it played at Johnson Central this coming season. (I assume they are going to play it and also play our national anthem as well.) I am pretty sure JC can find someone to sing O'Canada not only in English but in French as well if they want to..
Real Badman Wrote:Man give the kid a break. Have you not heard of "if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all?"

Yeah, I've heard it before. That was exactly the point I was trying to make to him for his smart alleck comment to begin with. Thanks for butting in.Rolleyes
EkyLb Wrote:Don't know why you'd schedule a Canadian team. If you beat them, all you did was beat a Canadian team. If you lose however, gonna look bad. It is a 1900 student school. Pretty decent size.

Boy, now that's some sound logic you've got there.Rolleyes
I wonder how long the drive is?lol
Coach Matney will not be able to coach in this game will he?
Pages: 1 2